Sign in to follow this  
Rodriguez

How well dooling is running our system.

I think he started out good, but regressed lately. It seems he's looking more for his shot then setting up others. I do love his energy off the bench.

If Dooling were ever to run in offense, it should be a one that plays on the energy of his defense. That means that Dooling should be part of the fast breaking lineup which would be:

JJ Redick, Keyon Dooling, Trevor Ariza, Hedo Turkoglu, and Dwight Howard

Thats what combination I see him working excellent with.

Quote from Nyce-1

I think he started out good, but regressed lately. It seems he's looking more for his shot then setting up others. I do love his energy off the bench

I agree with you

I agree that Dooling is a better defender than Carlos and Jameer but he's not a point guard. He should be in there with Carlos as first subs. They play good together.

Keyon is fine getting 10-15 mpg at the point. His defense is great but he struggles running the offense or lack thereof.

At this point I would give Carlos a shot at starting over Jameer.

Like everyone else has said his defense has been great. His shot selection is very questionable especially when he starts to get tired. He took a couple of shots late in the 4th (that fading away 3pt from the baseline that Darko luckly rebounded) that were horrible shots. He must improve on that and try to get teammates involved more. On a positive note he doesn't dribble the ball as much as Jameer or Arroyo and that is a definite plus.

being at the game i noticed something very disturbing about the magic. their point guards HAVE to shoot. im not making excuses for jameer, keyon, or even carlos. bottom line though, i noticed in the 2nd half, when keyon was in...he HAD to shoot because the other 4 guys on the floor were STANDING STILL. other than redick when he was in...no one else was cutting or even trying to get open. IT WAS PATHETIC. so our PG's wait til theres only 5 on the shot clock then they are forced to put the ball up. believe me, i am not supporting our pg's play, but the other 4 guys on the floor HAVE to do a better job cutting and finding and open spot on the floor. yesterday was HORRIBLE. minnesota handed that game to us and we very politely said no thanks and gave it right back.

Thats funny because Brian Hill's princeton offense is supposed to based on motion. You are right Casey the offense is so stagnant that the only thing available is postups and iso plays. Its amazing the Timberwolves didn't beat us in regulation but Grant hit a couple of very tough shots.

Look to that the experiment with dooling as a second pg doesn't work. in the last 11 games his assits ratio is almost none with one or two turnover per games. he played very well the first one against the Jazz, but the last 10 had been less the average. when he running the pg the offense is so stagnat that sometime B.Hill hasn't any other option ( Travis is in il)to bring Carlos for a few minutes to control the tempo of the game. That is the only reason why Carlos still play some time.