Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Van Gundy won't play Nelson to justify $35 million extension(Denton)

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

I like it but our bench would be a tad depleted.

Miller/Dooling/FA pickup

Turk/Evans/Dooling

Lewis/Bogans/Evans

Haslem/Lewis/Augustine

Dwight/Foyle/Gortat

That looks pretty deep to me. SVG is complaining cause we have too many players to form a set rotation. We help him out by shipping out the unused players and getting significant upgrades at our weak positions.

Our bench will not be depleted with these trades.

Ill agree with this to a certain extent. But thats got to be depending on us using Gortat and Augie, which we havent all year. My concern is that he rags the team out because he hasnt shown any confidence in those two

I don't understand how you're saying our team bench will take a hit, and your concern is our front line. We're only switching players by losing Cook and getting Haslem; this alone makes our frontline better/stronger.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Im still skeptical about Turk at the 2. Offensively that works but Defensively, COME ON MAN.

If we can afford to play Shard at the 4, we can definitely afford to play Turk at the 2.

I mean the SG position has to be the most hardest position to defend due to all the Stars that play there. But honestly can you see him guarding Kobe, Tmac, Carter, Redd, Johnson, Hamilton, Gordon, Iverson, Martin, Allen, Jackson, i mean the list goes on. I dont know about this but im willing to try it out.

Well then we just start Mo and bring Turk off the bench. I dont see the issue with it, and honestly id love to see a few less minutes for Turk to keep him fresh for the playoffs

Thats the best idea. Turk come off the bench and backup the 2 and 3 position. I just cant see Turk playing 38mins or more at the 2 giving up oeasy points to quicker players.

Nelson won't be better than Andre Miller, your homerism is over the top. This team needs Hedo at the 2 waaaay more than Nelson at the 1

quote:

quote:

I agree picking up Miller will be like having a Chauncey Billups except Miller isnt a 3pt shooter. But hes a good finisher and mid range shooter so thats just as good. Whatever is best for the team, im down.

However im not comfortable with SGs dropping 30-40pts on us because we have Turk trying to defend them. If it gets out of hand to bad, either we bring in a defensive stopper to play some at the 2 or we trade Turk for a 2 that can defend and score 20ppg too. Which im ready to do that now anyways but i ll wait and see how what happens. Im just saying Turk is a very valuable man right now and if it came to it, then we have to do whats best for the team.

Who do you think we get for Turk, knowing hes making like 6 or 7 mil a year, that would give us realistically what hes giving us at the moment. Ive heard the name Maggette and I honestly think hes a downgrade for Turk? But id be interested in who you think we could get that would benefit us.

I dont think Maggette is a downgrade at all. He proved what he can do when we played the Clippers. Turk and Maggette had a good game and the funny thing is that they was guarding each other. But i just like that Maggete is a flopper and gets alot of calls. But Turk is coming around to be the same. Also Maggette has been doing this for years putting up almost 20ppg unlike Turk this being his only big year.

But i would go after Ron Artest. Defense and Scoring i would definitely go for him.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Miller/Dooling/FA pickup

Turk/Evans/Dooling

Lewis/Bogans/Evans

Haslem/Lewis/Augustine

Dwight/Foyle/Gortat

That looks pretty deep to me. SVG is complaining cause we have too many players to form a set rotation. We help him out by shipping out the unused players and getting significant upgrades at our weak positions.

Ill agree with this to a certain extent. But thats got to be depending on us using Gortat and Augie, which we havent all year. My concern is that he rags the team out because he hasnt shown any confidence in those two

I don't understand how you're saying our team bench will take a hit, and your concern is our front line. We're only switching players by losing Cook and getting Haslem; this alone makes our frontline better/stronger.

Ill agree with that but who do you back Haslem up with? If SVG would play Augustine and Gortat then im fine with it, but you cant back up Haslem with Lewis because hes gotta rest also. Im good with the backcourt because we keep Dooling, Mo and Bogans but if we dont use Warlock and Augie, were gonna rag that frontcourt out

quote:
Originally posted by StufFtheMagicDragon:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Im still skeptical about Turk at the 2. Offensively that works but Defensively, COME ON MAN.

If we can afford to play Shard at the 4, we can definitely afford to play Turk at the 2.

I mean the SG position has to be the most hardest position to defend due to all the Stars that play there. But honestly can you see him guarding Kobe, Tmac, Carter, Redd, Johnson, Hamilton, Gordon, Iverson, Martin, Allen, Jackson, i mean the list goes on. I dont know about this but im willing to try it out.

Well then we just start Mo and bring Turk off the bench. I dont see the issue with it, and honestly id love to see a few less minutes for Turk to keep him fresh for the playoffs

Thats the best idea. Turk come off the bench and backup the 2 and 3 position. I just cant see Turk playing 38mins or more at the 2 giving up oeasy points to quicker players.

quote:

Nelson won't be better than Andre Miller, your homerism is over the top. This team needs Hedo at the 2 waaaay more than Nelson at the 1

What the hell is you talking about. I never said Nelson over Miller. I just asked if Miller can be a full time passer here. Im cool with Nelson going. Never said he will be better.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I agree picking up Miller will be like having a Chauncey Billups except Miller isnt a 3pt shooter. But hes a good finisher and mid range shooter so thats just as good. Whatever is best for the team, im down.

However im not comfortable with SGs dropping 30-40pts on us because we have Turk trying to defend them. If it gets out of hand to bad, either we bring in a defensive stopper to play some at the 2 or we trade Turk for a 2 that can defend and score 20ppg too. Which im ready to do that now anyways but i ll wait and see how what happens. Im just saying Turk is a very valuable man right now and if it came to it, then we have to do whats best for the team.

Who do you think we get for Turk, knowing hes making like 6 or 7 mil a year, that would give us realistically what hes giving us at the moment. Ive heard the name Maggette and I honestly think hes a downgrade for Turk? But id be interested in who you think we could get that would benefit us.

I dont think Maggette is a downgrade at all. He proved what he can do when we played the Clippers. Turk and Maggette had a good game and the funny thing is that they was guarding each other. But i just like that Maggete is a flopper and gets alot of calls. But Turk is coming around to be the same. Also Maggette has been doing this for years putting up almost 20ppg unlike Turk this being his only big year.

But i would go after Ron Artest. Defense and Scoring i would definitely go for him.

Well as far as Maggette, does he bring the assists and the rebounds that Turk does. I mean whether or not Hedo has or hasnt had years like this means nothing to me, hes doing it now. Hedo is doing a lot more than scoring for this team, hes a good ball handler and a decent rebounder. Will bringing in Maggette upgrade what Turk does for us??

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Miller/Dooling/FA pickup

Turk/Evans/Dooling

Lewis/Bogans/Evans

Haslem/Lewis/Augustine

Dwight/Foyle/Gortat

Ill agree with that but who do you back Haslem up with? If SVG would play Augustine and Gortat then im fine with it, but you cant back up Haslem with Lewis because hes gotta rest also. Im good with the backcourt because we keep Dooling, Mo and Bogans but if we dont use Warlock and Augie, were gonna rag that frontcourt out

The funny thing is that Haslem is a backup on most teams. Just because he's starting for the Heat and has looked good playing against Lewis at PF (who doesn't) doesn't mean he's that good -or good period.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well as far as Maggette, does he bring the assists and the rebounds that Turk does. I mean whether or not Hedo has or hasnt had years like this means nothing to me, hes doing it now. Hedo is doing a lot more than scoring for this team, hes a good ball handler and a decent rebounder. Will bringing in Maggette upgrade what Turk does for us??

Actually both players are about the same in all categories BUT Maggette averages about 8 FTs per game and Turk average about 4. Also Maggette is lot quicker than Turk and a better finisher.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
The funny thing is that Haslem is a backup on most teams.

Simply not true.

And who's this chick who killed my Rod Strickland?

So not true. Haslem can start for any team out there. If he came here he will get alot of minutes and as long as he get his 8-10 shots he will give you 10+ppg and some touch defense and help out on the boards. Exactly what we need out of the 4 position.