Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

You know what really grinds my gears thread.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

-People who refuse to learn english when they come to America.

I understand. In PR there is people who come and refuse to learn Spanish.

They can even get well paid jobs, so I guess the system provides for it....

- People that think America is the USA...America is everything in the new world, from Alaska to Patagonia, everything is America.....so techinically a Mexican is an American, just like a Brazilian is an American, just like an Argentinian is an American....technically....

I have a rebuttle, If you live in the US, if you live in our houses, work in our jobs, earn the US dollar, should you not learn english? SHould yopu not call yourself an american??? I dont understand how some people out their live in Amerrica yet apparently hate America... I see it as an insult here wehre I live that for every 50 cars you see, you will see 49 puerto rican flag,DOminican,Mexican, columbian and yet you will see maybe 1 American flag. And if you have never been to the country you are apaprently "repping", but you seem to love it over your maiden country american, I have an issue with that, that right their really grinds my gears.

its Colombian...not Columbian....

this is kinda like waving a state flag...you are still american, but you have the flag of the state there also....

or this is like some other cultures, don't tell me you haven't seen this, that have irish, german, british, italian, swiss, etc flags, decals, names, or images, that represent their ancestors. There's nothing wrong with having a cultural background, and being proud of where you came from.....

But at the same time, you are now here, so try to get with the program....and do learn english...

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

its Colombian...not Columbian....

this is kinda like waving a state flag...you are still american, but you have the flag of the state there also....

or this is like some other cultures, don't tell me you haven't seen this, that have irish, german, british, italian, swiss, etc flags, decals, names, or images, that represent their ancestors. There's nothing wrong with having a cultural background, and being proud of where you came from.....

But at the same time, you are now here, so try to get with the program....and do learn english...

And if you go to PR or other Spanish speaking American countries, please learn Spanish icon_smile.gif.

How I make posts and threads that nobody responds to...not even 1 reply on the Kris Humphries idea!

I know I'm the infamous thread killer but c'mon now....I kill the thread with my first post? Either I'm that good or everyone thinks what I contribute on these boards is crap. How was I even nominated for Rookie of the Year anyway if no one replies?

This sirs and madams, really grinds my gears.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

You know what really grinds my gears? Movies coming out on DVD so quickly.

I wasn't done ignoring you in theaters yet, "The Game Plan", wait two more months, then come out on DVD.

Speaking of which... if you have HDNet... did you happen to notice that they played a movie called 'Shrooms' last month, prior to its theater release?

I have it saved on my DVR but I haven't watched it yet.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

I wasn't done ignoring you in theaters yet, "The Game Plan", wait two more months, then come out on DVD.

Speaking of which... if you have HDNet... did you happen to notice that they played a movie called 'Shrooms' last month, prior to its theater release?

That movie looked pretty badass.

They usually do a couple movies a month like that. They had some Parker Posey flick a couple months ago and that one movie with John Malkovich "Color me Kubrick".

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:

They usually do a couple movies a month like that. They had some Parker Posey flick a couple months ago and that one movie with John Malkovich "Color me Kubrick".

You know what really grinds my gears? People who have stuff I don't have, like HDnet. Merk those guys.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:

You know what really grinds my gears? People who have stuff I don't have, like HDnet. Merk those guys.

or a DVR....I do have HDnet....but I had to pass on the DVR...you know what...

- you know what grinds my gears, the fact that 3 months after I switch to Directv they now offer the HD DVR combo for $99, not the $200 it was before...but what really really grind my gears is that because I am now a current customer, they CANNOT offer me the $99 price, I still have to pay $200 for the upgrade.

Now I do have HD service but no way of recording. and don't think I'll pay $200 for a DVR or even get me started with Tivo....

Those new HD hard drive DVD players are looking better and better....

Watching the game at public venues when other dummies want to watch the Celtics game. This is ORLANDO people!!! Catch a flight if you want to catch the C's in action dammit.