Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

Hedo might as well be our point guard

Lets move Hedo into the play maker role!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dwight is getting frustrated when are small guard don't get him the rock when he works hard for the good position. Hedo can make that pass, and 2 guard might be more appopriate

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

Looks like I am one step ahead of the game considering I posted this about a month ago, I'm sure people that were bashing this idea a month ago are now all about Hedo playing guard. That would be typical of the clowns on this forum.

I don't think you are a genius. I am a follower of Hedo since he was 16 years old. (The years he was seen as the future point guards of Turkish national team) Yes, he was raised to be a point guard but he has all the skills except one, quickness. He may play point guard for limited minutees but quick NBA points will make him look like a turtle chasing a cheetah. Plus when he has to birng the ball to half court, he will get tired, reducing his offensive performance. Also, Hedo will not be the answer to the point guard problem because he himself will be the problem if he plays the point. Apart from D12, he won't pass to anyone else and try to win games by himself. I must accept that Orlando will not be contenders with Arroyo or Jameer, and the only reason for Stan to play Hedo at the point would be the absymal plays of the point guards.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I think we need to get better dfensively as a team. Tony Parker has never been a good defender, but the spurs have been one of the best defensive teams for years. Why because they play great team d and they have Duncan to shut down the paint.

And they have guys on the perimeter that can defend and that makes life easier on Duncan.

Parker isn't a bad defender either. He isn't the best but he certainly isn't a liability. I understand your point on good team defense but when two of our 3 point guards consistently let the other team's point guard get into the paint it limits what we can do defensively.

There are a lot of things that make us a bad defensive team. That's why I said we have to accept what we are as a team if trades aren't made.

I heard that so many times, and as i do not have much opportunity to watch nba, i want to ask. What are they exactly? I mean, which player makes which mistakes? Can you write it explicitly? player by player.

quote:
Originally posted by satkingdom:

Hedo can play the point guard in Europe and he was a point guard in the first years of his career. But he is too slow for NBA point guards. That will never happen.

I watch and go euroleague and turkish league matches and there is noway hedo can play pg in europe but he can play in the nba with a ball handler sg.my reasons

1-in nba teams don't use full court pressure.in europe teams use it nearlly all games.

2-in nba teams play half court pressure defence for limited minutes while european teams using it nearlly all game long.

3-I played point guard too.and you have to know tons of set plays even in under 18 teams.and it's a lot more and complex in euroleague standarts.meanwhile in nba sets are simple.game is based on pick and rolls and iso plays.

quote:
Originally posted by satkingdom:

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

Looks like I am one step ahead of the game considering I posted this about a month ago, I'm sure people that were bashing this idea a month ago are now all about Hedo playing guard. That would be typical of the clowns on this forum.

I don't think you are a genius. I am a follower of Hedo since he was 16 years old. (The years he was seen as the future point guards of Turkish national team) Yes, he was raised to be a point guard but he has all the skills except one, quickness. He may play point guard for limited minutees but quick NBA points will make him look like a turtle chasing a cheetah. Plus when he has to birng the ball to half court, he will get tired, reducing his offensive performance. Also, Hedo will not be the answer to the point guard problem because he himself will be the problem if he plays the point. Apart from D12, he won't pass to anyone else and try to win games by himself. I must accept that Orlando will not be contenders with Arroyo or Jameer, and the only reason for Stan to play Hedo at the point would be the absymal plays of the point guards.

Great post satkingdom. I agree completely.

You actually could make some good arguements to have Turk play the PG position for about 10-15 minutes per game. If you look at his a/to ratio you will see it is only slightly worse than Jameer and Carlos. You could even argue with practice as Turk being the PG that ratio would get better. Plus the majority of Turk's TO's occur when he is trying to create with a long full court pass, a alley-oop or he step back out of bounds when attempting a 3, whereas the TO's that Jameer and Carlos have are usually at the top of the key on a steal that converts to points for the other team.

I would love to know if there is a stat kept that shows what players TO's actually cost the team fast break points. That is a stat I feel would really make a case for Turk at the PG position.

i dont agree hedo is like l.james in clevnd and k.brn in lakers or sht the ball or move the ball that is the reason hedo is allstar

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I don't know about Hedo playing the point (mainly for defensive reasons) but I do like the idea of him handling the ball more. Alot of teams have pressuring the Magic in the backcourt recently and having Hedo bring it up will make it easier to get into our offensive sets faster.

I'll extract the following from above:

quote:
I do like the idea of him handling the ball more.

This is the bit I like. Though I would say keep him in his natural position, just give him the ball more. Allow him to create, move and continue as a threat on offense. Devise plays that can assert this movement and allow him to act in ways of a point guard. Shelve the duties of a point guard to, well, the point guard, but give him the ball more. I'll call it a Brandon Roy type role.

It is very obvious he is not a point guard. But, a very effective, talented, skillful forward, offensive threat whatever you want to call it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Hedo has done this season is a credit to himself. His hurdle had been his consistency and he's surpassed that this season. He's playing at a phenomenal level and has been a centerpiece in what we've accomplished. I just wanted to send my praise.

GP MPG AST APG

1 LeBron James , CLE 54 40.5 406 7.5

2 Hedo Turkoglu , ORL 61 37.8 292 4.8

3 Paul Pierce , BOS 58 37.8 271 4.7

4 Andre Iguodala , PHI 61 39.3 279 4.6

5 Caron Butler , WAS 43 40.2 193 4.5

Hedo is the 2nd best forward player in entire ligue in total assists and a/per game. However this does NOT mean that he would be the best pg. So I do agree nbr34205, we should keep him in his natural position and encourage him to handle the ball more in offense and take the advantage of a real good play-maker forward.