Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

Hedo might as well be our point guard

Instead of having Arroyo dribble the ball for 15 seconds and handing it to Turk 35 feet away from the basket, lets just let Hedo play point guard. Arroyo just looks to give Hedo the ball as soon as he crosses the half court line anyway so instead of risking turnovers when Arroyo is trying to get Hedo the ball (Celtics game Arroyo had a turnover in the last seconds and tonight made another terrible play) Just give Hedo the ball on the inbound and play another big man.

Instead of having Arroyo dribble the ball for 15 seconds and handing it to Turk 35 feet away from the basket, lets just let Hedo play point guard. Arroyo just looks to give Hedo the ball as soon as he crosses the half court line anyway so instead of risking turnovers when Arroyo is trying to get Hedo the ball (Celtics game Arroyo had a turnover in the last seconds and tonight made another terrible play) Just give Hedo the ball on the inbound and play another big man.

Actually, I like this idea. Hedo is making plays similar to Lebron making plays for his teammates but who has the better teammates?

Therefore, Hedo Turkoglu would be a point forward, a forward that sets up the offense.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Actually, I like this idea. Hedo is making plays similar to Lebron making plays for his teammates but who has the better teammates?

Therefore, Hedo Turkoglu would be a point forward, a forward that sets up the offense.

I agree i siad it before the "O" runs better when the ball is in turks hands.

GO MAGIC!!!!

Turk taking more responsibility for the distribution of our offense has a lot to do (I think) with the adjustments that SVG had to make in order to contra rest the defense against Howard, that includes a lot of defensive pressure against our PGs so that the ball can not get to Howard easily. By giving the Ball to Turk(6'10"), who is a great passer we are giving a very hard time to the adjustments the other teams are trying to make against Howard and our PGs. However, I do not think that this strategy will mean converting Turk into a PG, we still need a smaller player dribbling the ball until at least the half court line, because it is easier to steal the ball from a dribbling 6'10" than from a dribbling midget.

I like the idea. Turk protects the ball pretty well on his dribble. He is not Magic or Penny but those are tall pg's that he can emulate as he sees the floor very well. Again though there would have to be a quick defensive sg to help out on the opposing pg.

I don't know about Hedo playing the point (mainly for defensive reasons) but I do like the idea of him handling the ball more. Alot of teams have pressuring the Magic in the backcourt recently and having Hedo bring it up will make it easier to get into our offensive sets faster.

That is pretty much what is happening now, Carlos, Jameer, Keyon are all out there to defend the other teams point but Hedo is running the offense. This is exactly why we need another defensive PG such as Chris Duhon.

The same Chris Duhon that got burned by Jammer in Chicago?

This whole notion that we need a defensive minded pg is silly to me. How many starting pg's in this league are great defenders? Most good defending pg's our back ups, do we want a back up as our starter?