Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread * Magic - Heat * Jan. 30th

Looking at your signature, as a likely member of the Dumby cult obviously u don't want to see the obvious and prefer to be in the dark.

After watching poster after poster pointing out Stan's poor and lack of substitutions and post game quotes trying to explain his awful common sense I shouldn't take your question seriously.

Dude... take some happy pills or something.

If you're that pessimistic, I can't see why you've been hanging with the Magic for 18 years running, let alone bear to be in this message board. Why not try being a Pistons or Spurs fan.

I too am frustrated with the whole Rashard at PF thing. It just seems so stupid and obvious. But I can also appreciate a lot of the improvements from past years. Being negative is good at times, but you have to look at the good things too. You talk as if we can't and won't do anything right.

Try not to take my signature so seriously. It's suppose to be a joke. I don't think Van Gundy is anymore special then any other coach in this league. I just think he's a guy that knows basketball and has been around it for a long time.

quote:
Let's talk defense. If you hear Stan talk you'd think the Magic play the best D in the league but that's certainly not the case.

I think your wrong. Actually I know your wrong. Do you remember those national televised games on ESPN and ABC? Do you remember the sideline reporters mentioning that the magic have ONLY been practicing on defense all week? I don't think thats the sign of a coach that thinks his teams defense is that great and if your coming to that conclusion based on a press conference where maybe he said he thought they defended well in stretches then your clearly just searching for reasons to dislike him.

quote:
That was ridiculous that Dwight played the whole 2nd have with no Wade and no Shaq. If Dwight gets inured in a game like this even the local media will have a field day and it'll be totally understandable.

Is there some mathematical formula that says if a player doesn't play a whole half of basketball that it greatly reduces risk of injury or something? If Dwight sat out for 6 of the final 24 minutes would that really be enough time to keep him out of harms way? Would he be invincible for the other 18 minutes of the half I don't get it. Here is another example of you just digging for ways for reasons to criticize Van Gundy.

I'm still curious what coach you would hire to maximize the potential and talent of JJ, Augie, and Gortat?

since you're quoting something I deleted to give the argument a rest ok I'll post the whole thing lol

I'm not mad or pessimistic. I'm actually very happy, just realistic and simply find I'm not too excited about what's going on even with players as good as Hedo and Dwight. The overall vibe I get from most people in this city is that they don't pay that much attention to the hometown team and in part, I understand.

Ok I'll still give you an example. Let's talk defense. If you hear Stan talk you'd think the Magic play the best D in the league (certainly that's not the case) since he always blames lack of defensive effort. Even the better defenders on this team are not playing good D anymore (Bogans) but is it really a lack of effort? As Gary Payton pointed out he didn't agree with Stan's defensive strategy. At least Brian knew how to substitute defensive guys on the floor when he needed defense, started seeing towards the latter part of the season that JJ was a valuable asset, etc. Stan hasn't discovered that yet. Furthermore, seeing Augustine has given him some good defensive hustle around the paint and some rebounding the guy still rarely gets to play. This lack of reward leads to discontent and eventually to players tuning the coach out. Even the starters start losing respect for the coach. It's not rocket science to see Lewis should not play that many minutes at the 4. The other day he didn't sound too happy telling Paul Kennedy how he has to bang down low with bigger guys. It was ridiculous that Dwight played the whole 2nd ha;f with no Wade and no Shaq. If Dwight or Hedo gets injured in a game like this even the local media will have a field day and it'll be totally understandable.

When the Magic trade JJ, Augie, Gortat, etc and they become productive and Magic killers in another team the story will repeat itself. Maybe they don't, but what if Vander Weide and Otis read these forum as the official Magic cyber community that it is? I'm sure they do and they think fans think everything is ok since these mods and people here basically only agree with those who praise Otis and Stan like robots. Everything else gets locked and opinions shut down

Did you hear Vander Weide talking today? The man sounds like he should sell Ice Cream, not managing a pro sports franchise. Sounded like he didn't have a frigging clue about what it is to be competitive. Even said how he dismissed Stan's concerns because hey look how great they were doing blah blah. Can anyone actually expect any good decisions by the man who re-hired Brian Hill?!?

If we win a championship anytime soon with this guy calling the shots we'll have to get real lucky. Here's to hoping we miraculously live up to the name.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
Any coach who would gear up more for Turk than for Butler or Wallace likely won't coach for very long.

And you're acting like Butler, Jamison and Wallace haven't had good stats all year. It's not like they each had a game where they scored 6000 points, and that's skewing the data. Each one has had better stats than Hedo every month of the season.

That's not true at all. Butler and Jamison have each had excellent years. I'm not saying they don't deserve consideration. It should be Pierce, Jamison, Bosh and then a battle between Turk/Butler. Personally I think Turk deserves to go for the reasons I've stated.And which Wallace are you talking about? Gerald?

And a coach that isn't gearing up for Turk isn't going to win many games against the Magic. Ask Riley and Doc (hell, Doc said it himself).

I was referring to Gerald Wallace, although Rasheed likely deserves consideration as well.

And I never said a coach shouldn't consider Turk in his game plan. I said a coach would be more concerned with the aforementioned players.

Turk does deserve consideration. My comparing his stats to three other players for the final spot was consideration. He doesn't deserve the final spot. He was on the bubble. That's all. But it's cool. The real reason is, of course, that I hate Hedo.

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:
originally posted by Drunk on Idiocy:

Jamison is one of two players in the East averaging 20/10, Butler is playing all universe right now, and Wallace's numbers are better across the board, and Wallace is also as good a defender as you find on the perimeter.

And while he's having a great year, Hedo is still shooting a bad percentage for the year, and plays no defense. And he turns the ball over too much.

Hedo is a clutch 4th quarter player who's averaging about 25 ppg or more lately. Able to hit a frigging turnaround 3 pointer to win you the game.

This is the clutch player we've needed all along. Did it in the Bulls game too with that running fadeaway shot to put them away.

27 10 and 5 tonight.

Jamison is averaging 21.4 and 10.6 for the year.

Butler is averaging 21.9 and 7, while also averaging 4.3 assists and 2.39 steals.

Wallace is averaging 21.4 and 6.2, while also averaging 3.7 assists, 2.23 steals and a block a game.

Hedo is averaging 19.3 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists.

So how is Hedo better statistically than any of those players?

Oh and as for the Drunk on Idiocy thing? You're my hero.

They're playing in a good system. Stan's offensive sets are mediocre and he has no idea how to teach defense or play the right guys for defensive intensity. There you have it why our all-star caliber players aren't crushing the opposition on a nightly basis as they should. Look at Lewis looking more like a bench player in Stan's system than the All-Star he should be.

I'd take Hedo over both of those guys (amd I'm a fan of both of them).

Oh so it's SVG's fault Rashard is having a subpar year but not to his credit that Turk and Dwight are having career years...apperently his system works great for players who are in their natural position...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:
originally posted by Drunk on Idiocy:

Jamison is one of two players in the East averaging 20/10, Butler is playing all universe right now, and Wallace's numbers are better across the board, and Wallace is also as good a defender as you find on the perimeter.

And while he's having a great year, Hedo is still shooting a bad percentage for the year, and plays no defense. And he turns the ball over too much.

Hedo is a clutch 4th quarter player who's averaging about 25 ppg or more lately. Able to hit a frigging turnaround 3 pointer to win you the game.

This is the clutch player we've needed all along. Did it in the Bulls game too with that running fadeaway shot to put them away.

27 10 and 5 tonight.

Jamison is averaging 21.4 and 10.6 for the year.

Butler is averaging 21.9 and 7, while also averaging 4.3 assists and 2.39 steals.

Wallace is averaging 21.4 and 6.2, while also averaging 3.7 assists, 2.23 steals and a block a game.

Hedo is averaging 19.3 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists.

So how is Hedo better statistically than any of those players?

Oh and as for the Drunk on Idiocy thing? You're my hero.

They're playing in a good system. Stan's offensive sets are mediocre and he has no idea how to teach defense or play the right guys for defensive intensity. There you have it why our all-star caliber players aren't crushing the opposition on a nightly basis as they should. Look at Lewis looking more like a bench player in Stan's system than the All-Star he should be.

I'd take Hedo over both of those guys (amd I'm a fan of both of them).

Wallace is essentially a more athletic Nick Anderson, and he's playing power forward on a team that starts 2 point guards, 2 oversized shooting guards, and a power forward. To suggest that he has an advantage is laughable.

And the Magic are run much better and have far more weapons than the Wizards do.