Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Thomas Robinson getting dumped by Houston. Any interest?

#5 pick in 2012. He hasnt found a home with two teams and Houston wants to clear for Dwight (good luck with that). He seems talented and Id like nothing more than to help Houston and at the same time stick it to Sterns Lakers. The only thing better would have been to see LA have to decide on resigning Bynum (if he had stayed). Im all for anything to screw the Lakers over even if he doesnt fit our needs here.

What's the consensus on him? He must have been good in college if he was a number 5 pick.

Was really good in college. I believe he stayed 2 years at Kansas. From what I remember, even though I haven't really seen him play in the NBA, he was mainly a power-forward who showed athletic flashes with a decent mid-range shot. I imagine he would be a 3/4 combo. He would be a great pick-up for cheap since he hasn't proven anything yet.

At the right price he would be a good pick up. He's got decent size and has the ability to be a decent player. Not sure where he fits unless Harris drops to SF and rotates with Harkless, and Robinson rotates with Nicholson at PF. Unless we trade Nicholson then Robinson could rotate with Harris at PF. But if Nicholson stays, having him, Harris and Robinson at PF would give us very good depth but it would be a shame to see Nicholson's development potentially hindered by potentially getting even less minutes.

At the right price he would be a good pick up. He's got decent size and has the ability to be a decent player. Not sure where he fits unless Harris drops to SF and rotates with Harkless, and Robinson rotates with Nicholson at PF. Unless we trade Nicholson then Robinson could rotate with Harris at PF. But if Nicholson stays, having him, Harris and Robinson at PF would give us very good depth but it would be a shame to see Nicholson's development potentially hindered by potentially getting even less minutes.

I say trade Nicholson then. Robinson's upside is much higher and Nicholson's lack of athleticism, lateral movement, defensive ability etc. are always going to hold him back

• Upvote 1

I say trade Nicholson then. Robinson's upside is much higher and Nicholson's lack of athleticism, lateral movement, defensive ability etc. are always going to hold him back

Unless he can bulk up and play center... but yeah you are right.

I wouldn't do the trade if we have to move a young piece. Nicholson flashed and is an asset that can be spent elsewhere, plus I think he can develop into a solid defender and a rotational player on a contending squad.

I wouldn't do the trade if we have to move a young piece. Nicholson flashed and is an asset that can be spent elsewhere, plus I think he can develop into a solid defender and a rotational player on a contending squad.

Agreed. We are helping Houston shed salary. We shouldn't have to give up an asset. Maybe our second rounder this year.

I don't think Nicholson would be in any deal as Houston is trying to shed salary. Taking back Nicholson doesn't save them enough money and thus defeats the purpose of trading Robinson.

A TPE and a heavily protected pick should be all that's offered.

If we did acquire Robinson, it could free up the possibility of trading Nicholson for need/depth elsewhere.

Nicholson sure gets killed on forums. He already has shown signs of excellent post scoring and a nasty midrange shot.

Ok, I get it, his defense was bad. But I say give the man another year. Let him bulk up over the summer (he is doing that now) and work on his D.

He is rather athletic, he just has an awkward style of running. I think he can be a good defender. It just makes no sense to bail on a guy so soon and want to get Thomas Robinson who could be traded twice before his second season.