Sign in to follow this  
FRED

Taking On The 1st Seed in The East

Unless the Pistons lose two starters to injury, they'll cruise through the first round.

The Magic-Piston history has been one-sided though. G-Hill sign and trade for Ben Wallace. The '03 playoffs where Tayshaun Prince made the first starts of his career confounding McGrady and they came back from being down 1-3. Maybe the pendulum could swing if the Magic wound up with the 8 spot.

But I don't think so.

OK guys...I brought back the thread...

I really feel we can take them! MARK MY WORDS...Orlando in 5 or 6 games!

If it doesn't happen, I'm man enough to come back and establish that I was probably wrong in my reasoning.

GO MAGIC!!!!

Much Love!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Honestly could we beat Detroit, yes..

But Brian will have to take his head out of his ***, and start Dooling because otherwise Billups will average 40 and we will get swept Brian needs to and I have asid it before stop coaching with the feelings of the players, and more for what there abilities are.

If we start Dooling and give him 30 minutes a game he will go 4 for 15 turn the ball over 4 times and have 5 assists. Billups will have a harder time to score but he will just pass the ball. Jameer/Carlos/Dooling/JJ need to average approximatelly 20 minutes with the starter getting 25. If Jameer/Carlos or Doling get 30 minutes a game they will lauch 15 shots and force 8 of them. The best bet is have them fear each other. Much like the other night when Jameer played like garbage and Carlos finished the game. Jameer probably got the message. However, tonight he put himself in the same category as Wade which demonstrates that his head is full of wishfull thinking.

quote:
Originally posted by mgcullen:

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Honestly could we beat Detroit, yes..

But Brian will have to take his head out of his ***, and start Dooling because otherwise Billups will average 40 and we will get swept Brian needs to and I have asid it before stop coaching with the feelings of the players, and more for what there abilities are.

If we start Dooling and give him 30 minutes a game he will go 4 for 15 turn the ball over 4 times and have 5 assists. Billups will have a harder time to score but he will just pass the ball. Jameer/Carlos/Dooling/JJ need to average approximatelly 20 minutes with the starter getting 25. If Jameer/Carlos or Doling get 30 minutes a game they will lauch 15 shots and force 8 of them. The best bet is have them fear each other. Much like the other night when Jameer played like garbage and Carlos finished the game. Jameer probably got the message. However, tonight he put himself in the same category as Wade which demonstrates that his head is full of wishfull thinking.

Ditto! We need to put a lot of different guys on Billups, while taking advantage of who is hot between them... make Billups a passer or just let him scorch us and make him beat us. I think GHill can do a good job on Rip...We also need ariza to keep his head up in there with prince.... can anybody say "All Alone, nobody even 10 ft from Prince" Prince got like 2-3 3pts with nobody on him. Also need to tighten inside defense... couple of shots in there with nobody around whoever was inside the last game... sleeping beauties need to wake up!!!!

Take Prince all alone 3pts out and the 6-10 we gave on the inside that were not even contested, they couldn't since nobody was even remotely close, and we might have won!

little things that make a whole of a difference even us playing the way we did offensively.

HEY guys. Do you think to have Carlos to take Billups. For me it is not a bad idea Carlos know Billups and Dooling can make the diferent to. Other think we have to keep JJ CARLOS DOOLING NELSON out of fault and Billups make other PG to have a lot of fault.

quote:
Originally posted by PR:

HEY guys. Do you think to have Carlos to take Billups. For me it is not a bad idea Carlos know Billups and Dooling can make the diferent to. Other think we have to keep JJ CARLOS DOOLING NELSON out of fault and Billups make other PG to have a lot of fault.

The only problem is that Billups abuses the hell our of smaller PG's. Carlos will be no different in this area, not saying he couldnt do it, but its just Billups style of play. He is sort of like a Power Foward in a PG's body. Really the best defense against him, is to make him hold the ball and drive. Dont let him pass or set up for jump shots.