Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

Magic Going All In For Chris Paul's Backup?

I think it goes back to the waiting game. I don't see them doing this trade without CP3 signed, but I feel like CP3 is going to resign there with 90 percent confidence anyway. I think he's just holding Sterling's feet to the fire to get as much improvement to the team as possible before he signs the dotted line.

I hope when it's all said and done something similar to this trade goes through, even if its after the Draft. You can never have too many PGs and if you somehow end up with Jameer, Bledsoe, and another good one, well..

..as much as I obviously support the guy, that sure would open up the possibility of trading Jameer and still being solid (or better) at the PG position afterwards, not to mention younger.

Yeah its the All-Star holdout by CP3 exactly what that %^&* did to us last year say get more talent then I will sign.. In the end CP3 will stay and it will all be over.

I can't see this trade happening until Chris Paul resigns with the Clippers, but I do think its likely that it will happen.

Dunlap is pretty insufferable, I haven't seen him say anything with a positive connotation yet.

Bledsoe really has incredible potential. Some of the chase-down blocks he had last season were truly unbelievable... he's got elite athleticism, quickness, and instincts on defense. If we can get him it would be a steal.

I want to get rid of Afflalo, but Bledsoe has only a few (2?) years left in his rookie contract and he'd ask for like 8 million after that. We're not in a position to start dishing out money yet, we are still trying to figure out how much our guys (Harris, Harkless, Vucevic, #1 pick) are really worth (they could all become All-Star salary players).

Also, I wouldn't want to take a gamble on a PG that could use his time here to simply increase his market value and leave to a "contender". But if that's the only way to get rid of Afflalo... then do it

---

I'd much rather get a PG with more years in his contract (via draft, preferably). Dennis Schröder with the #13 ;)/>/>

He won't be able to leave, he'll be a RFA, so if he becomes good enough to command a big salary a sign and trade would be on the table but if he becomes that good it's unlikely the magic let him leave. bledsoe has some westbrook in him, he's a kid dying to get an opportunity as a starter

and yeah the celtics got greedy, now watch KG retire, and doc resign because they completely overvalued both. hope it doesn't cost us bledsoe

Bledsoe reminds me a little of a young Baron Davis. Similar size, aggressiveness, athleticism, and if we're really lucky, an above average defender. If Henny pulls off Bledsoe, he would officially be the bizzaro Otis Smith.

PG:Bledoe-23yrs old

SG: (2012 #2 pick, McLemore?)

SF: Harkless-20yrs

PF: Harris-20yrs

C: Vuc-22yrs

Nicholson/D. Jones

That's a very nice athletic young core moving forward and has every position covered. Would love to build on that...c'mon Hennigan, get it done!

Bledsoe might be overrated or not the future at PG, but if we can do the deal for Afflalo. Why not? I'd rather gamble on Bledsoe's upside compared to what we already know we'll get in Afflalo. Especially since we are likely to take his replacement in the draft with McLemore or Oladipo. It isn't like if we do this move we are married to Bledsoe and have to give him a deal at some point or don't even have to avoid drafting his replacement (Smart?).

I see this as a trade that doesn't have to be done right away, but it happens. Unless the Clippers find a better wing dangling Bledsoe around. Because it is looking pretty obvious that if they can keep CP3, the Clips want to move Bledsoe for an impact wing player.

Bledsoe might be overrated or not the future at PG, but if we can do the deal for Afflalo. Why not? I'd rather gamble on Bledsoe's upside compared to what we already know we'll get in Afflalo. Especially since we are likely to take his replacement in the draft with McLemore or Oladipo. It isn't like if we do this move we are married to Bledsoe and have to give him a deal at some point or don't even have to avoid drafting his replacement (Smart?).

I see this as a trade that doesn't have to be done right away, but it happens. Unless the Clippers find a better wing dangling Bledsoe around. Because it is looking pretty obvious that if they can keep CP3, the Clips want to move Bledsoe for an impact wing player.

Granger is one rumor out there

Am I the only one that's seeing Bledsoe and thinking he's pretty much Jameer 2.0? I love Jameer, he's one of my favorite Magic players, but...we already have Jameer on this team - why do we need Bledsoe? Am I missing something?

Am I the only one that's seeing Bledsoe and thinking he's pretty much Jameer 2.0? I love Jameer, he's one of my favorite Magic players, but...we already have Jameer on this team - why do we need Bledsoe? Am I missing something?

I think Bledsoe has the chance to be a much better defender and more dynamic scorer than Jameer. He's 23 and hitting his prime that's why you get him now!

I think Bledsoe has the chance to be a much better defender and more dynamic scorer than Jameer. He's 23 and hitting his prime that's why you get him now!

Eh - I'll buy that. A 23yo 'Meer who's a better defender and healthier sounds like a good move. I'd still rather have my PG to be in the 6'3+ range, but good PGs at that height aren't real common.