Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

Magic Going All In For Chris Paul's Backup?

That's fine because the more important trade is KG to the clips because then Chris Paul will most likely resign, there are so many good quality coaches out there right now.

I wouldn't be suprised if my draft night Bledsoe is making his way to Orlando.... there are rumors he was in town last week looking for houses... don't know how much of that is true again but just something I heard.

Yeah, but there's just one problem..

KG has a no-trade clause in his contract. Without Doc Rivers going right away, he could nix his trade from happening in the first place if he doubted Doc-going-to-L.A. would follow through.

let's just say I have a good friend who is a Realtor in Downtown Orlando.. but it won't matter unless we are able to complete the trade.

;-)

I'm not a fan of dunk crazy PG's. JV's offense needs a floor general not just a young athlete. He has a ton of talent, but he is more a scorer than facilitator. If we want a combo type guard who can score then I say trade down, gain an extra pick and draft Ledo.

Or trade for someone like Jeremy lamb. If we really want a PG NOW, then MCW or Wolters , but I feel like we can wait until next draft/offseason. As it stands now we posses two 1st rd picks in 2014 why not grab another pick along with a young player if we are going to lose AA.

Here is a scenario I posted elsewhere.

We know that RH is looking to acquire as much young talent in the next couple seasons as possible. This means acquiring more picks, especially in deeper drafts than this one.

We also know AA, Baby Davis, Turk, & Al Harrington

not be with the Magic in 2015. Of them the only trade-able assets are Afflalo and Baby.

So here we go.

Scenario #1

MAGIC RECEIVE:

2013 #9 pick

2014 1st round Pick (Minn)

TIMBERWOLVES RECEIVE:

2013 #2 Pick(ORL)

Glen Davis

* T-wolves are Probably loosing Pekovic, and desperately need a SG. Big Baby helps with the loss of Pekovic and gives them another offensive post option as a reserve or injury replacement. Ben MacLemore would be an ideal compliment to Rubio and Love.

* Minnesota is a borderline playoff contender if healthy next season so a mid to late lottery pick should be expected in 2014.

* Magic Draft Steven Adams , C Pitt. Develop him as a PF/C alongside Vuch or in reserve. He will struggle initially and the Magic will compete for the cellar again. Which will give them a shot at Andrew Wiggins in 2014 plus 2 additional 1st rd picks in a potentially deep draft.

*Carter- Williams if available would also be an option.

Scenario #2

MAGIC RECEIVE :

Jeremy Lamb SG

2013 #12 pick (OKC)

2014 1st round pick (OKC)

THUNDER RECEIVE:

2013 #2 overall pick(ORL)

Arron Afflalo SG

* Sounds like Kevin Martin is leaving. Afflalo slides right into his role and provides better defense.

* Thunder Select Anthony Bennett or Alex Len and finally get a little offense from the PF/C.

* Magic get another long, athletic, and coachable young player to develop in Lamb.

* Magic draft CJ McCollum/ Ricky Ledo

Yeah, but there's just one problem..

KG has a no-trade clause in his contract. Without Doc Rivers going right away, he could nix his trade from happening in the first place if he doubted Doc-going-to-L.A. would follow through.

I feel you on this one, I think it will get done and if not you are forgetting Aflalo could help CP3 so its not a complete lost cause just would make it a little harder. I have 100% trust in Hennigan and if there is a good deal to be made he will make it.

I'm not a fan of dunk crazy PG's. JV's offense needs a floor general not just a young athlete. He has a ton of talent, but he is more a scorer than facilitator. If we want a combo type guard who can score then I say trade down, gain an extra pick and draft Ledo.

Or trade for someone like Jeremy lamb. If we really want a PG NOW, then MCW or Wolters , but I feel like we can wait until next draft/offseason. As it stands now we posses two 1st rd picks in 2014 why not grab another pick along with a young player if we are going to lose AA.

Here is a scenario I posted elsewhere.

We know that RH is looking to acquire as much young talent in the next couple seasons as possible. This means acquiring more picks, especially in deeper drafts than this one.

We also know AA, Baby Davis, Turk, & Al Harrington

not be with the Magic in 2015. Of them the only trade-able assets are Afflalo and Baby.

So here we go.

Scenario #1

MAGIC RECEIVE:

2013 #9 pick

2014 1st round Pick (Minn)

TIMBERWOLVES RECEIVE:

2013 #2 Pick(ORL)

Glen Davis

* T-wolves are Probably loosing Pekovic, and desperately need a SG. Big Baby helps with the loss of Pekovic and gives them another offensive post option as a reserve or injury replacement. Ben MacLemore would be an ideal compliment to Rubio and Love.

* Minnesota is a borderline playoff contender if healthy next season so a mid to late lottery pick should be expected in 2014.

* Magic Draft Steven Adams , C Pitt. Develop him as a PF/C alongside Vuch or in reserve. He will struggle initially and the Magic will compete for the cellar again. Which will give them a shot at Andrew Wiggins in 2014 plus 2 additional 1st rd picks in a potentially deep draft.

*Carter- Williams if available would also be an option.

Scenario #2

MAGIC RECEIVE :

Jeremy Lamb SG

2013 #12 pick (OKC)

2014 1st round pick (OKC)

THUNDER RECEIVE:

2013 #2 overall pick(ORL)

Arron Afflalo SG

* Sounds like Kevin Martin is leaving. Afflalo slides right into his role and provides better defense.

* Thunder Select Anthony Bennett or Alex Len and finally get a little offense from the PF/C.

* Magic get another long, athletic, and coachable young player to develop in Lamb.

* Magic draft CJ McCollum/ Ricky Ledo

The second trade is great for OKC, terrible for us; the first trade may be ok for MIN, although I don't think they would bite on Baby, they would take it if it had a better player probably though.

I am not very high on Bledsoe when we will have to pay him $ after one season in which many here think will be a tanking season. It just doesn't make business sense. And the basketball sense is questionable unless he resigns for 4-6th option type money.

We don't have to extend him if it doesn't work out or we want to go a different direction. We can always trade him again, or sign and trade in 2015 for more assets. His value is going to go up once he gets more playing time.

BTW his rookie deal ends in 2015 but he'll be eligible for an extension in 2014.

Bledsoe isn't going to get more than 7-9 mil a year and that's if he breakouts

Jrue Holiday got what? 10 and he's atleast shown he's a starter. Curry got underpaid.

I don't think Bledsoe is going to get grossly overpaid anywhere.

His value is going to go up once he gets more playing time.

BTW his rookie deal ends in 2015 but he'll be eligible for an extension in 2014.

We could trade him if he became too expensive, agreed, but then we lose a good chip in Afflalo who could possibly net us a late lotto pick next year instead of Bledsoe. That would seem to fit the mantra of what the FO is trying to build, and give us more flexibility.

Also, his rookie deal ends after next season; a qualifying offer is not a contract year, unless the draft pick is terrible they will always reject the qualifying offer anyway-and management has to offer the QO to begin with.

Without knowing how he 'breaks out' or not next year, I would be happy with him in the 7-8mil/year range though. If he has a good season I could see the offers approach 10mil/year but you're right Jareth if Jrue and Steph are getting 10 the market is pretty much set for Bledsoe since both those other players are way more complete than him.

Bledsoe isn't going to get more than 7-9 mil a year and that's if he breakouts

Jrue Holiday got what? 10 and he's atleast shown he's a starter. Curry got underpaid.

I don't think Bledsoe is going to get grossly overpaid anywhere.

As I look at the talent level at that spot around the league, I'm compelled to agree. Even if he becomes a candidate for the MIP award with the Magic next year, he'd still be the point guard of a bad team with a bad record (and likely still coming off the bench).

And we have a deal for Rivers to go to the Clips, all but sealing that CP3 will return, making Eric Bledsoe expendable. I truly do think they already have something worked out with the Magic. There is a reason they were so stern on not including Bledsoe in trade talks to the Celtics.

And if the "looking for houses" rumor is true, then this is very, very good news indeed.

I'm giving an 80% chance Bledsoe is traded to the Magic by draft night. Other's thoughts?

And we have a deal for Rivers to go to the Clips, all but sealing that CP3 will return, making Eric Bledsoe expendable. I truly do think they already have something worked out with the Magic. There is a reason they were so stern on not including Bledsoe in trade talks to the Celtics.

And if the "looking for houses" rumor is true, then this is very, very good news indeed.

I'm giving an 80% chance Bledsoe is traded to the Magic by draft night. Other's thoughts?

Yes, this site would garner far more attention if it were named after one of the other two colors (rather than blue).

My thinking is in line with yours although I wouldn't blame the Clippers if they waited until after CP3 signs the dotted line before they pulled the trigger.

I don't know.. it's the Summer, it's the time be a dreamer and full of hope for a Magic fan. I'm hopeful that come draft night we get the 13th pick from Dallas AND that Bledsoe for Afflalo (and Nicholson?) goes through sooner or later.