Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

Magic Going All In For Chris Paul's Backup?

Yeah I get that, that's why I said "I assume you were implying in terms of impact". Cool sig btw

Wow, I can't believe I missed that. Went right over my head. And thank you, tribute to Hark and one of my favorite bands.

On the topic though, Bledsoe for Afflalo is a steal for us. I wish.

i think dom was referring to a lot of people here overvaluing ish when he first was signed and crying that he'd be a stud if he was just given more minutes. then he got more minutes and proved otherwise.

Overvaluing Ish (which I can't relate to because he never showed anything resembling potential) is a lot different than seeing the potential in Bledsoe, based on actual production on the court, and getting excited about the prospect of adding him...especially at a position that many feel needs to be addressed.

It looks like Toronto is in the game or is it a Clipper ploy to drive up the value on Bledsoe? I hope Henny doesn't over pay for him. I think that we have a great management group in there now and won't fall victim to all the chatter. I LIKE WHERE WE'RE GOING! slow steady well thought out decisions.

One thing to remember is Bledsoe will be a RFA next summer when we will have the capspace to offer a contract that the Clippers are unlikely to match.

We don't have to solve our PG problems this year when we are still in tank mode. We could easily punt to next summer to see how the next draft shakes out and possibly pick up Marcus Smart to pair in the back court with Olidipo.

I can also see us giving Olidipo some back up PG minutes to test the waters in that respect. Personally I think he is a SG but apparently some scouts think he could make a transition.

Worst case we overspend to sign Bledsoe as a FA next summer without giving up any assets.

• Upvote 2

1) Butler for Barngani is a steal for the Clips. They should do that.

2) What are the Raptors going to do with Lowry if they trade for Bledsoe?

3) Magic at the head of the list? I doubt it.

4) Interesting that he wants a extension, but it may be that he wants to get things moving in the front office.

1) Butler for Barngani is a steal for the Clips. They should do that.

2) What are the Raptors going to do with Lowry if they trade for Bledsoe?

3) Magic at the head of the list? I doubt it.

4) Interesting that he wants a extension, but it may be that he wants to get things moving in the front office.

Agree strongly with point 4. I wonder if those Bledsoe sightings in Orlando a couple weeks ago were accurate?

One thing to remember is Bledsoe will be a RFA next summer when we will have the capspace to offer a contract that the Clippers are unlikely to match.

We don't have to solve our PG problems this year when we are still in tank mode. We could easily punt to next summer to see how the next draft shakes out and possibly pick up Marcus Smart to pair in the back court with Olidipo.

I can also see us giving Olidipo some back up PG minutes to test the waters in that respect. Personally I think he is a SG but apparently some scouts think he could make a transition.

Worst case we overspend to sign Bledsoe as a FA next summer without giving up any assets.

Very good point

Aaron Brooks released by the Rockets. I don't know much about his game, but I think I recall him doing a pretty decent job in the OKC series once Lin went down.

he's been a solid player in his career, has had his moments too. My guess is he's trying to latch on to a contending team.

i think dom was referring to a lot of people here overvaluing ish when he first was signed and crying that he'd be a stud if he was just given more minutes. then he got more minutes and proved otherwise.

Uh, I don't think people were overvaluing Ish in that sense. They just wanted him to play over Duhon, who we know can't play at all.

• Upvote 1

Uh, I don't think people were overvaluing Ish in that sense. They just wanted him to play over Duhon, who we know can't play at all.

Yeah, nobody claimed Ish was going to amount to anything. Everyone was just desperate to get Duhon off the floor.

• Upvote 1