Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

Magic Going All In For Chris Paul's Backup?

If true I think we should retire the "Going in for" tagline for threads....Have one of these ever come true??

Ummm.... no i dont believe so... I think we failed each time.

If true I think we should retire the "Going in for" tagline for threads....Have one of these ever come true??

Only time they came true was when the Moldy Hobo spoke them into being 24 hours before they happened.

Why would he be that clear about that and so vague the other 14 and a half minutes of the press conference?

I think both front offices are playing chicken with each other, in the hopes of squeezing out more (or giving up less).

New info on the Clippers Trade:

"So if we're about to make a trade with them, I guess I missed that memo." - Rob

Bledsoe is not a go

I think it's dead.

I'm surprised the Knicks aren't rumored to Bledsoe yet. They could use talent in the backcourt.

I think it's dead.

I'm surprised the Knicks aren't rumored to Bledsoe yet. They could use talent in the backcourt.

Yeah, but LA needs a starting SG. They'll be back

why would hennigan tip his hand here? when he was close to trading dwight, did he come out and say a deal was close? what about JJ Redick?

Exactly

The thing is, how many of us knew anything about the Dwight pieces we'd get? Nobody, it wasn't reported. Did we know about Harris for JJ, nope it wasn't reported either... Because most of the time news surfaces about deals after the two sides are done talking and haven't agreed.

Why would Rob say "we're not making a trade with them" and then trade with them, that makes him look like an ass. Until I have reason not to I'll trust his word.

The thing is, how many of us knew anything about the Dwight pieces we'd get? Nobody, it wasn't reported. Did we know about Harris for JJ, nope it wasn't reported either... Because most of the time news surfaces about deals after the two sides are done talking and haven't agreed.

Why would Rob say "we're not making a trade with them" and then trade with them, that makes him look like an ass. Until I have reason not to I'll trust his word.

I went back and listened again (the questions regarding Clippers begin right around 1:45 in part 2 of the press conference) and Hennigan never says, "we're not making a trade with them". He said that all talks up until now (with all teams) have been exploratory, that in all honesty he hadn't talked to them in nearly three weeks since after the draft combine, and that he'd be "stunned" if a deal was made tomorrow. If you and others are going to take his words at face value, and hold him to them, then at the very least be accurate when quoting the guy