Sign in to follow this  
MilitaryMagic

Will the Magic Make a Trade Before the Deadline?

Simple question, tough answer.

It's one thing for Otis to trade JJ for a pick or something like that.

It's another thing for Otis to make a trade where our rotations change.

I for one don't believe Otis makes any moves besides peripheral moves involving JJ or other assets not in our usual rotation.

Simple question, tough answer.

It's one thing for Otis to trade JJ for a pick or something like that.

It's another thing for Otis to make a trade where our rotations change.

I for one don't believe Otis makes any moves besides peripheral moves involving JJ or other assets not in our usual rotation.

My gut tells me Otis will probably make a minor move ala the Ariza deal. Hopefully in return we get a serviceable PF this time around.

Not to go off topic, but how long is it before we can trade Evans or Cook? Not saying I want to, just curious.

Jan. 20 according to Realgm is the date when Cook can be traded.

I know this because I have included him in just about every trade scenario I come up with.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Not to go off topic, but how long is it before we can trade Evans or Cook? Not saying I want to, just curious.

They can be traded in combination with other players 2 months after their previous trade.

So, in a few weeks I guess?

If he doesn't it will be a big mistake. Not only do we not have enough to contend with Bos and Det, but he would be taking a chance that no one else like (Clev, Toronto, Washington) makes a trade either, that will make them better that we are now.

I'm not interested in trading away players just to get some marginal back up that might help a little bit this year. If Otis doesn't want to make a trade that drastically helps this team I don't want it. We've been burned in the past by making moves without thinking about the consequences.

I don't see it happening. Look at the moves he's made in the past, low risk, high reward. Cato and a #1 (that we felt would be later in the 1st round), think he was worried about the impact of losing Kelvin vs what Darko and Carlos could bring? Steve for Trevor and cap space, was he worried about losing Steve? I think he would have given him away.

He stood pat and watched with Travis and Grant. I would say that we haven't been aggressive on anything outside of going after Rashard, we hear a whole lot of stay the course type talk. Sooner or later we are going to need to take a chance (a calculated risk please, not drafting a player in Spain that shows flashes)on something to go after the big money and fabulous prizes.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Sooner or later we are going to need to take a chance (a calculated risk please, not drafting a player in Spain that shows flashes)on something to go after the big money and fabulous prizes.

LoL, well put. IMO that time is now - no Battie, no frountcourt depth, Rashard struggling at PF, Otis has every excuse/reason in the world to take a risk now instead of later.

Too bad Otis has no cajones, like Smack said!