Sign in to follow this  
Berto

Chris Webber back in two weeks

Cook played decent against Utah. For once, he had productive minutes.

I think we're gonna be seeing a lot more Brian Cook than any chance in hades we see Webber on the court in a 'Gic jersey.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Oh come on, you know that's not true. Not even Pat Garrity is as Bad as Brian Cook when it comes to defense and rebounding.

I know that's supposed to be a joke but it's actually true. He can't hit a 3 to save a family member's life anymore, but at least whenever he's been out there he hustles.

LMAO Pat Garrity.. our next Bo Outlaw.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Cook played decent against Utah. For once, he had productive minutes.

I think we're gonna be seeing a lot more Brian Cook than any chance in hades we see Webber on the court in a 'Gic jersey.

You're probably right. Otis doesn't want to look like an idiot for trading Ariza.

quote:

You're probably right. Otis doesn't want to look like an idiot for trading Ariza.

Frankly, I'm tired of all the posts on here stating that Otis won't do this or won't do that becaue it will make one of his previous moves look bad. Face facts Otis. You made mistakes and the only way you'l keep your job is if you clean them up.

All I hear lately is how we can't trade Shard. We can't trade Jameer. We can't trade JJ. We can't trade the rights to Fran because he'll never play in the NBA. We can't...

We can dammit! It'll just require Otis to swallow his pride and make things right. The alternative is for him to be unemployed next year. Which would you prefer if you were him?

He put the team in this position and it his sole responsibility to ger them out.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Frankly, I'm tired of all the posts on here stating that Otis won't do this or won't do that becaue it will make one of his previous moves look bad. Face facts Otis. You made mistakes and the only way you'l keep your job is if you clean them up.

All I hear lately is how we can't trade Shard. We can't trade Jameer. We can't trade JJ. We can't trade the rights to Fran because he'll never play in the NBA. We can't...

We can dammit! It'll just require Otis to swallow his pride and make things right. The alternative is for him to be unemployed next year. Which would you prefer if you were him?

He put the team in this position and it his sole responsibility to ger them out.

Good post Smack, agreed.

Come on Otis, don't leave us hanging!

Hey Smack, I lost your phone number. Send me a PM so I can call you back.

Junkie

On this one, I'd say: "Don't be confused by 'what was' with 'what is.'" Chris was a great player, and probably one of the most dynamic PF to play the game in recent memory.

But his knees are SHOT. The guy can't even jog anymore. It's sad.

I already cry every time I watch the Magic play...

quote:

If there's a single contender in the NBA that could give Webber minutes at the PF, it's us.

It depends who you consider to be a contender.... but seeing that the Lakers are 3rd in the West right now and Bynum is expected to miss about 8 weeks I'd say that Phil Jackson could give Webber significant minutes.

quote:

I don't know why but when I read this it reminded me of a scene from Braveheart where Wallace is argueing with the Scotish nobles.

Craig: Well what will you do?

William: I will invade England and defeat the English on their own ground.

Craig: Invade? That's impossible.

William: Why? Why is that impossible? You're so concerned with squabbling for the scraps from Longshank's table that you've missed your God given right to something better. There is a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with possession. I think your possession exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."

Otis exist to provide us with a winning team, or if we look at it from a business stand point, a winning team sells more tickets, get's more playoff games etc. I really hope that he has some sort of a plan going on here and that if one of his chosen guys isn't panning out then he will make changes to that plan.

Personally I don't think Webber who seems only able to contribute on offense is the answer but I guess if he can pick him up on the cheap and it won't impact our ability to get what we really need then I'll be ok with it.

quote:

quote:

I'm not sure Otis could trade Rashard for anything that makes sense no matter how much pride he swallowed.