Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Who should be our LEADER ?...For the rest of the season.

I'll go with Grant on this one. I think he'll come though in the "clutch"/end part of the season, as long as our PG's give hime the ball after creating the space needed or executing what PG plays should be.

I believe Grant still has something special left in him, one last HOORAH in his game, and I truly believe he will be solid in the playoffs!

Grant's the man we should look for at this point in the season, has the experience and is one of those special players the league has ever seen.

This is a piece of my quote in Junkie's thread about being or not being a coach:

"Take a look at the natural leaders from the past who have made it all the way, from the likes of Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russel, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Isaiah Thomas, Dr. J., Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, to name a few...do you think those specific teams would have made it all the way if they relied on their coaches exclusively to get the guys motivated? As great as some of those coaches are or were, do you think Red Auerbach, Pat Riley, Chuck Daly, Phil Jackson, inter alia, would have won those championships without the leadership and in-your-face-expect-the-best of your teammates attitude from their "stars"?

I think not! I truly feel their individual leadership roles had much to do with their success, and most of all when such stars were in the stage of unselfishness, it was no longer about them, but about the team.

We do have such a star on our team IMO, his name is GRANT HILL. I feel he could and should be that guy, he just needs to get his hands a little more dirty and start grabbing people by their jerseys and tell them how things are. His nice days as a player are long gone, just as his better days of his prime, but he can still be that FORCE to reckon with regarding the leadership role one of our guys should and must take.

It's not about the coach in this team, and shouldn't be untill we see drastic changes come about in the coaching staff both at basketball I.Q. level and Basketball Logic as well. For now it should be about a team sticking together, striving for the best result it can reach, and in doing so, having that one "star" player willing to give his all to lead our young guys into victory!"

Much Love!!!

So that's my two cents...GRANT HILL all the way...if you want to read more into my thoughts as to why I chose him, check out Junkie's thread I previously mentioned. Mi post is the 3rd or 4th post in the thread.

Attitude wise JJ is most suited to be the leader but he is a rookie who the coach doesn't trust so he can't be the leader I would go with Grant given the situation.