Power Forward -- Darko Milicic/Tony Batie

Center -- Dwight Howard/Bo Outlaw

Come on down, Vince. We need you!

Ooooo! Or we could go with this lineup!

PG - Carlos Arroyo

SG - Carlos

SF - Arroyo

PF - CA

C - That one guy Dwight something, something, something...

How about (since it seems like the VC thing is going to happen no matter what I want):

PG: Diener / Jameer

SG: VC / JJ / Jameer

SF: Turk / Ariza

PF: Darko / Battie

C: Dwight / Some bruiser we pick up off of free agency or the draft.

lol. quite honestly i am just frustrated with this team's inconsistencies and reliance on an uncharacteristic pg who turns the ball over way too much. i would love to trade him for andre miller, but i don't know if philly would go for it now.

I'd take Luke Ridnour over Andre. At the very lease, someone who averages at least 6-8 assists per game and maybe 1-3 turnovers (hopefully high on the first and low on the second).

Someone who can knock in 10 points and maybe 1-2 steals a game would be nice, but I'd be happy with someone who just knew how/when to pass the ball.

I know I am repeating myself here but trust me when I say, no team in the league past or present will ever give us something for nothing.

Philly is not going to give us Andre for Jameer. If we want a top flight PG it will cost us big time. If we trade someone Trevor we have a hole at the 3, if we trade Darko a hole at the 4, JJ a bigger hole at the 2, so we have to pick our poison. Where do we want the missing link?

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

I'd take Luke Ridnour over Andre. At the very lease, someone who averages at least 6-8 assists per game and maybe 1-3 turnovers (hopefully high on the first and low on the second).

Someone who can knock in 10 points and maybe 1-2 steals a game would be nice, but I'd be happy with someone who just knew how/when to pass the ball.

You have just described Andre Miller's whole career. He has averaged around 8 assists and a couple of turnovers the entire time hes been in the NBA. Ridnour might become that kind of player but right now he is very inconsistent. Last time I checked Earl Watson had taken his starting job.

I was just doing the math on their ages, but PGs tend to be more hardy and have better careers a bit later (Stockton, Kidd, Nash, etc), so I'd buy into that. And it would be nice to have an experienced PG who understood when to get people involved and when to take that shot.

Maybe Jameer will become that guy, but I still see him as being more Frances than Bibby.

The trick, as Marc pointed out, would be to get a top-flight PG and not have to trade away the heart of our team.

Who's up on free agency?

Besides Billups the only notables are Steve Blake and Mo Williams.

I guess I kind of figured Detroit would be stupid to let Billups go. **** - if we could swipe him, I'd take Billups over VC any day. He's smart, smart, smart, knows how to win, and used to play for us.

Won't happen, but still....