Sign in to follow this  
Admin

OrlandoMagic.com Beat Writer???

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Hey Rock ...

Why did you ask...

Don't leave us hanging.

I was just curious to see how all of your felt. Clearly you all think it would be a good idea and I agree.

Stay tuned....

Would he/she be employed by the Magic? If so, then I think this is a lousy idea b/c it would be very biased reporting. How could the writer honestly assess the job of the players, coaches, management, and ownership, if he/she was working for them? Am I missing something here?

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Would he/she be employed by the Magic? If so, then I think this is a lousy idea b/c it would be very biased reporting. How could the writer honestly assess the job of the players, coaches, management, and ownership, if he/she was working for them? Am I missing something here?

Uh, who do you think should be employing him/her?

The Miami Heat?

I understand your point about the potential lack of objectivity, but I don't expect RockChalk has any authority to make things happen outside the Magic organization.

Besides, we're talking about a beat writer, not a columnist. A beat writer reports on what he sees happening, asks questions, conducts interviews, and reports the information.

The advantage to having a beat writer directly tied to the forum is that his job would be ask the questions WE want answered, and to raise concerns that WE have.

The last thing we need is another columnist babbling his opinions. We need someone that gives us information so that we can intelligently (or not-so-intelligently) discuss it in our cyber world.

Charisma, he/she wouldn't ask our questions. No way. I'm not for this because I already feel like the organization dodges honest questions, responsibility, and accountability from various reporters. No way would this new writer ask pointed questions to his employer. BTW, have you noticed how "Otis Speaks" has conveniently disappeared? I want honest information, not prepared or spun information.

The more info we have...

the better off we are in making the right answers.

I don't trust any of our sources...

because the whole NBA thing is a business.

So it wouldn't hurt.

The right person would know how to feed us what we need.

quote:
I want the Job. Im in college. School sucks. So give me the job. I got talent. I could be the next Michael A. Smith

LOL.. who?? Do you want to be Stephen A. Smith?? or possibly Micheal W. Smith. google it.

Soul Bro, you could have Saint Peter himself interviewing Magic management, and you will not get honest information.

Otis, in particular, is such a blatant liar that anything said means nothing anyway. (Note that I am not criticizing him as a GM, just acknowledging that what he tells the press generally has nothing to do with the truth).

So regardless of who the writer works for, they are going to receive the same lies as answers to their questions.

If you are correct that the writer would not ask the questions being raised by our forum, then I am in agreement with you.

But we won't know unless they give it a shot.

If they do it and it turns out you are right, then we are no worse off than we are now.

Just to go on the record, I would want this job and I would not hesitate to ask pointed questions or give those responses to the public.

I am a 27 year old housewife. I do not need to work, therefore if they wanted to fire me for reporting on what I see, so be it. Someone that is in the position and would need to kiss butt for a paycheck would be much more diplomatic.

Not to mention I think a female would be better anyway. We have a way of getting information out of men!