Sign in to follow this  
nbr

I know I shouldn't.........

but I will. Nole's thread has fired me up a little and this may just be a continuation of fury that I have toward the small amount of time I spend thinking about this team at this point.

Over the past few weeks, or more so post deadline we have been talking about Vince Carter and various possible acquisitions. Plenty of people have great ideas for this franchise from a fan perspective on the basis of improvement. Here's the best move possible for this franchise:

It begins at the top, not with ownership etc. but at the top of the squad. The coach must go for this team to grow. When he arrived he was often referred to as a teacher of the game. He possessed a variety of strengths and one that has stuck in my mind and that is the area of discipline. How can such a man possess this characteristic for starters, let alone distribute it to a team when it can't defeat the likes of Atlanta and various undermanned teams throughout the season. On having the facet of being a teacher of the game I'll leave on this point, this team doesn't need a ****ing teacher it needs a coach. It needs someone with the ability to act on situations within the game. It needs someone who displays trust in every individual on the team and it needs someone who will still allow this team to grow.

I don't give a crap who it is, just as long as it isn't the Coach Hill. Stick a fork in him he's done! His weaknesses glare over any strength this man has as a basketball coach.

but I will. Nole's thread has fired me up a little and this may just be a continuation of fury that I have toward the small amount of time I spend thinking about this team at this point.

Over the past few weeks, or more so post deadline we have been talking about Vince Carter and various possible acquisitions. Plenty of people have great ideas for this franchise from a fan perspective on the basis of improvement. Here's the best move possible for this franchise:

It begins at the top, not with ownership etc. but at the top of the squad. The coach must go for this team to grow. When he arrived he was often referred to as a teacher of the game. He possessed a variety of strengths and one that has stuck in my mind and that is the area of discipline. How can such a man possess this characteristic for starters, let alone distribute it to a team when it can't defeat the likes of Atlanta and various undermanned teams throughout the season. On having the facet of being a teacher of the game I'll leave on this point, this team doesn't need a ****ing teacher it needs a coach. It needs someone with the ability to act on situations within the game. It needs someone who displays trust in every individual on the team and it needs someone who will still allow this team to grow.

I don't give a crap who it is, just as long as it isn't the Coach Hill. Stick a fork in him he's done! His weaknesses glare over any strength this man has as a basketball coach.

How did I figure you were gonna start a thread like this?

It wouldn't be because of a certain poster who started a thread months ago in regards to Coach's discipline and how it was being applied to our team?(lol)

Anyway, I guess you saw last night where Jameer basically blew Brian off in regards to his instructions for the last shot in both instances.

Not a good situation for the well-being of our team, quite frankly.

It stems from more than that. Its a season of woeful tactics. This is the NBA, not a domestic league. When people such as yourself pay for this **** its amazing he's still here. Its beyond a joke.

NBR, my felings in this area are well known, I posted this very point in December. Let me clearify one thing about last night in Boston. Most of the blame for that loss falls to our boys. BHill didn't miss all the free throws, make the insanely stupid mistake, and possess Jameer to launch from half court, with D12 wide open at the end of regulation!!

Now is that defending BHill, far from it, it is just restating the obvious!!! We need a real coach, with a real program and it only gets better from there........Good post man!!! Oh I am sorry.... "Mate" LOL

NBR,

I agree wholeheartely, I have been laying off the Brian Hill thing lately because I want this team to make the playoffs and I still do. But make them or not he has to go.

This team has shown little improvement overall since drafting Dwight. Considering his growth as a player since he was a rookie, there is something seriously something wrong with that fact.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Anyway, I guess you saw last night where Jameer basically blew Brian off in regards to his instructions for the last shot in both instances.

My big questin then was why didn't Brian sit Jameer's butt down in the overtime then? Carlos played a whale of a second half, Jameer wants to pull that BS, then find him a nice seat next to Bogans.

I have never been more baffled about a Coach's management of team before.

For me thank christ I am not a season ticket holder.

For those who are, you'd almost be beating the door down.

And to make clear this post as you referred to is on growth. We can make calls for individuals like Carter, Nocioni, Pietrus etc. to come in which would be great in any situation but this team will not go any where with this coach. As stated this team doesn't need its teacher anymore. These players have grown, some of them need to grow up. With the current coach and various acquisitions it may see fit that we are marginally improved but mate this team needs to push and push hard. Players like Dwight don't come along all to often and you have to take advantaged of those situations sooner rather than later.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

NBR,

I agree wholeheartely, I have been laying off the Brian Hill thing lately because I want this team to make the playoffs and I still do. But make them or not he has to go.

This team has shown little improvement overall since drafting Dwight. Considering his growth as a player since he was a rookie, there is something seriously something wrong with that fact.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

My big questin then was why didn't Brian sit Jameer's butt down in the overtime then? Carlos played a whale of a second half, Jameer wants to pull that BS, then find him a nice seat next to Bogans.

I have never been more baffled about a Coach's management of team before.

He should have put Jameer on the wood. I agree, Carlos should have stayed in the game.

I think Brian knows his reputation is as a hardhead and stern disciplinarian. He has tried to compensate for that by maybe backing off a little and letting the players be involved in making gametime decisions and relaxing with his tough discipline approach he was labeled with during the Penny days.

Obviously now it has turned the other way with the players not looking very disciplined with following the coach's instructions or with their ability to play consistent basketball as evidenced by our league leading team display of turnovers.

He needs to start sitting guys who are careless regardless of the name on the back of the jersey.

It's probably a moot point cause the team to me is obviously lacking discipline.

I hope before the season is over order can be restored but right now, I don't feel good about it.

Does this make sense?

We need Billups this summer, F* Carter, F* Lewis, we need a smart point guard, we need a winning point guard, we need a point guard who can distribute the ball... We need Billups, Mark my words today, B-B-B-BILLUPS, bring em back to O-TOWN

CHAU CHAU CHAU, I got on the Chauncey train some time ago. Its wishful thinking, but money talks.

Anyway, this thread is about the need for the coach to go, this is the move of all moves that needs to be made for this team to go further.

I like Billups, but I don't see him leaving a contender behind in Detroit unless Dumars gets cheap on him. Dumars is no dummy, he knows he can't replace Chauncey like he did Big Ben.

He will do what is needed to keep him, otherwise they may as well tear down and rebuild.

Oh and Junkie, I hear ya. I would not have as big a problem with Hill not sitting Jameer if he was playing well before that. But Jameer was having an awful game, why keep a hot hand on the bench for a guy who is way off his game and now not listening?

Chauncey sat on the bench for this team and got absolutely no respect. Why would he want to play for this joke of an organization? This team is buried in medicrity. We are the Clippers of the east and it isn't changing anytime soon.