Sign in to follow this  
Adam_Magic

Pau Gasol

With Memphis having another awful season alot of talk has centered around going in a new direction and trading Pau.

I think he would be the perfect PF to compliment Dwight, my question is, with the improved play of Carlos, Hedo and our expirings do we have a shot at acquiring Gasol?

The only stumbling block is the fact they have a potential stud in Gay at SF already so Hedo may not be as attractive to them.

With Memphis having another awful season alot of talk has centered around going in a new direction and trading Pau.

I think he would be the perfect PF to compliment Dwight, my question is, with the improved play of Carlos, Hedo and our expirings do we have a shot at acquiring Gasol?

The only stumbling block is the fact they have a potential stud in Gay at SF already so Hedo may not be as attractive to them.

I doubt they would do it, Adam, b/c of Gay. Maybe it could be done via a 3 team trade. But would I trade Hedo for Pau? Yes, all day.

Junkie, as for Darko, anyone can talk smack. Who's starting and who's riding the pine in Memphis? I am so thankful that slug is no longer on our team.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I doubt they would do it, Adam, b/c of Gay. Maybe it could be done via a 3 team trade. But would I trade Hedo for Pau? Yes, all day.

Yeah, I'd consider that trade, too. And if Otis is also aiming for it then maybe SVG should start "showcasing" Turk at the SG-spot.

The reason I don't think a trade between us for Gasol wouldn't go down is because they had the chance to trade him to the Bulls....with all the talent on the Bulls the Grizz could have gotten back anyone they really needed because the bulls are loaded at each position. Why would they rather trade to us as opposed to bulls?...which makes me think, hmmmm...Is there any possible way we could make a trade with the bulls???

Hmmm...wouldn't a trade for say a tyrus thomas and duhon be nice for our team too? Hmm would something like this be possible?..sure would be nice!

I agree NA4P. That is the exact reason a trade like this won't happen. While the Grizz wouldn't get Deng, Gordon, and a 1st rounder or anything that has been talked about before, they would certainly get a better deal elsewhere with a team even more desperate for a star player.

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

The reason I don't think a trade between us for Gasol wouldn't go down is because they had the chance to trade him to the Bulls....with all the talent on the Bulls the Grizz could have gotten back anyone they really needed because the bulls are loaded at each position.

True. Pau is definitely a long shot.

But the trade-talks between the Bulls and the Grizz went down before the season. At that time the Grizz still considered themselves a fairly good team. Gasol, Gay, Miller, Conley and the additions of Darko and coach Iavaroni looked pretty solid on paper. Now that they are in rebuild-mode they might consider a trade with us....