Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Maybe, just maybe "everything" is not the coaches fault!(Denton blog)

No doubt the chemistry is missing on this team. Selfishness it appears is the number one goal . Too much complaining about refs...we sound like the Knicks from the prior game! Blame Ayers for the tech, blame Jameer for his constant one on one, blame Grant for his poor in bound pass, blame Hedo for his bonehead plays and poor defense, but blame Bhill for not knowing when and who to play after 70 games.

I loved what Arroyo was doing in his time on the court. I would have stayed with him. He hasn't been playing a lot lately so it's not like he was tired.

I agree with some earlier poster's. It's time to maybe put Jameer on the bench if he's not going to do what the coach is asking him to do. I think most of us if we were coaching after it happened multiple times would have no patience left for him either.

I think it's obvious Brian is struggling with discipline on this team. Supposedly that's one of his strengths.

Listen, I'm not trying to say Brian Hill is a great or even a good coach. I'm saying the players are just as responsible for games as he is. It's mutual. All year long leading the league in turnovers and foul shooting is killing us.

Ultimately though a coach in the NBA is graded on W's and L's. If you can't get it done you'll be gone. Brian Hill is responsible for everything that goes on with this team on the court.

I'm just trying to point out that the players have many faults also.

Better execution in simple situations and we wouldn't even have needed overtime.

Can't disagree that the players have responsibilty and they are making some very poor decisions, but hedo didn't practice in the morning because he had the turkaflu again and then he not only starts him but plays him for over 40 minutes? That is good coaching?

Yeah, I agree totally with this thread. It was overall a well-coached game aside from not having Redick or Arroyo towards the end.

The players need to be more responsible for making free throws and making the right decisions when it comes to crunch time.

Last night was a tough loss. We should have won that one.

I could not watch lasts nights game but based on multiple phone calls from my brother and these posts it seems like this was a hard one for us to lose. I do have 2 questions that I was trying to find the answer for??

1. In watching the 3 at the end of overtime by Pierce in the highlights why wasn't Ariza guarding him. Did Boston just run that play right after Dwight's dunk??

2. I have seen a couple people talking about a technical by Ayers?? How and why did he get a technical??

Brian did not lose the game, although he did some stupid things. But this team continues to lose to bad teams by barely showing up and making boneheaded plays.

This loss had to be one of the most frustrating of the year because it took a such a combination of scew-ups to lose to such a bad team.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

I could not watch lasts nights game but based on multiple phone calls from my brother and these posts it seems like this was a hard one for us to lose. I do have 2 questions that I was trying to find the answer for??

1. In watching the 3 at the end of overtime by Pierce in the highlights why wasn't Ariza guarding him. Did Boston just run that play right after Dwight's dunk??

2. I have seen a couple people talking about a technical by Ayers?? How and why did he get a technical??

We didn't put Trevor on Pierce at all. Turk and Grant took turns on him. Simply amazing.

No one could see what happened with Ayers tech. The ball (according to our sideline) was off Boston, the refs called it different. Hill was arguing it and somehow the ref heard Ayers say something. The tech couldn't have come at a worse time as we were up by 1 with time running down, they tied it up off that tech.