Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Maybe, just maybe "everything" is not the coaches fault!(Denton blog)

quote:
You SUCK!!!

Gotta love a good joke grenade!

Trust me, the link could have been A LOT worse. I have been to the nether-regions of the intra-web and back again. It's scary out there.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

The players have been awful all season, ok Hill messes with the rotations but for real, how can our starting PG play 41mins and score 9 with 4 assists.

3 Questions on that. Can a good coach keep going to that player? and when a good coach has a PG playing like that to the point of the PG waving of the play called to get his own number what does a good coach do by way of getting some control of his team back? and finally is a coach responsible at all for either creating or encouraging a shoot first mentality from his starting PG?

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Brian did not lose the game, although he did some stupid things. But this team continues to lose to bad teams by barely showing up and making boneheaded plays.

This loss had to be one of the most frustrating of the year because it took a such a combination of scew-ups to lose to such a bad team.

Sorry, I respectfully but completely disagree with this. The Magic may have a lack of talent in certain areas. But at least they could play hard. And "boneheaded plays" at this time of the year reflect on only one person: the coach. A well-coached team simply would have corrected most mistakes by now.

The coach controls who gets to play and by doing so should be able to get good effort consistently and keep people on their toes. I, along with many other people, also feel that Hill is not getting anywhere near the maximum potential from the players he currently has, because he doesn't use them properly (or at all, as with Diener). Also, he plays his veterans excessively when they are clearly tired and/or even ill or injured. These are problems which have been noted the ENTIRE SEASON.

Give us a different coach and this team would look much better.

quote:
Originally posted by oldmagicfan:

I have to agree that the players have to take over the games to a point. But still, they need to have a coach who subsitutes properly. If Ariza is our man then why wasn't he in there in overtime to guard Pierce? Hedo is not a good defender..period.

Just so everyone knows cause I was wondering the same thing. Coach Hill took a lot of crticism yesterday for not putting Ariza in the second half to gaurd Paul Pierce here's two reasons. One from the Sentinel and the other from the Florida Today:

quote:
The Magic are expected to have forwards Darko Milicic and Trevor Ariza in the lineup again. Milicic played only two minutes after sustaining a bruised thigh muscle early in Wednesday's game. And Ariza left Wednesday's game because of flu-like symptoms and a migraine. Without two of their top reserves, the Magic starters played considerably more than usual in the double-overtime game, which contributed to their sloppy play.

quote:
The Magic hope to get power forward Darko Milicic and small forward Trevor Ariza back tonight. Ariza, Orlando's best on-ball defender, was unavailable to cover Pierce down the stretch because of a migraine headache and nausea. Milicic was kneed in the thigh, but hopes to play.

Just wanted to set the facts straight.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

If Milicic didn't play because of a thigh bruise, than I have lost all respect for him.

Big freaking sissy, man up!

That one really surprised me, thigh bruises can hurt but they usually hurt worse the next day. Playing on it is not going to make it worse, so suck it up and get out there. Maybe dish out a little pain yourself.

Vince Carter > Darko Milicic a million percent. I've been telling you guys!

There's just this inherent lack of passion and toughness, and right now his lack of consistency doesn't justify it.

If he showed his "flashes" of talent for the entire time he was out there, maybe he could overcome his lack of guts, for lack of a better term.

Hopefully the Magic can sneak into the playoffs and get some experience for Dwight, Ariza, etc.

Then Vince for '08, baby. Even if it means Darko has to cash in somewhere else. Thigh bruise.. gimme a freggin' break!