Sign in to follow this  
Crazyhorse81

time for me to weigh in.....

okay, since i'm sure everyone noticed i've been gone for a while (sarcasm i'm afraid), i haven't been able to post on here. was actually on leave in ocala spending Christmas with the family before shipping out...

but about the magic. seems like we have a lineup problem. and i think the cure is young Auggie. please start him stan!! howard can't go for the block AND get the board on defense, he needs help. and i'm sorry to say it but shard is NOT a pf.

speaking of that, i wonder how much of his slumping streak has to do with him playing out of position? would we see a resurgence if he starts at sf?

Arroyo/Nelson/Dooling

Turk/Bogans/Evans/JJ

Shard/not sure about this one....

Auggie/Gortat

Howard/Foyle

reasons: arroyo is a great distributor and sees the court fine.

with turk, i'm not sure how good he'd do at SG, but i have a feeling he'd be fine.

shard back at his familiar spot would help him, and then you've got auggie.

i doubt he'll make the all-star team this year, but if all he does is score a few points here and there, grabs a couple of boards at each end of the floor, and hustles, i think he should stay a starter.

and finally our resident Beast Man would be able to relax a little since auggie will help on the boards...

for the bench, turn nelson loose! tell him he has one specific mission: score points. take it to the rim and score! gortat might be raw but he can feed off of our veteran foyle (who seems to be worth his weight in gold if you ask me)

i'd love comments, maybe tweaking this lineup a little...

okay, since i'm sure everyone noticed i've been gone for a while (sarcasm i'm afraid), i haven't been able to post on here. was actually on leave in ocala spending Christmas with the family before shipping out...

but about the magic. seems like we have a lineup problem. and i think the cure is young Auggie. please start him stan!! howard can't go for the block AND get the board on defense, he needs help. and i'm sorry to say it but shard is NOT a pf.

speaking of that, i wonder how much of his slumping streak has to do with him playing out of position? would we see a resurgence if he starts at sf?

Arroyo/Nelson/Dooling

Turk/Bogans/Evans/JJ

Shard/not sure about this one....

Auggie/Gortat

Howard/Foyle

reasons: arroyo is a great distributor and sees the court fine.

with turk, i'm not sure how good he'd do at SG, but i have a feeling he'd be fine.

shard back at his familiar spot would help him, and then you've got auggie.

i doubt he'll make the all-star team this year, but if all he does is score a few points here and there, grabs a couple of boards at each end of the floor, and hustles, i think he should stay a starter.

and finally our resident Beast Man would be able to relax a little since auggie will help on the boards...

for the bench, turn nelson loose! tell him he has one specific mission: score points. take it to the rim and score! gortat might be raw but he can feed off of our veteran foyle (who seems to be worth his weight in gold if you ask me)

i'd love comments, maybe tweaking this lineup a little...

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

i appreciate it. i was looking for insight into how good turk would be at the 2.....anyone have any ideas?

I'm also considering the same thing if we can acquire a PF or start Auggie, or anything that would put Shard in 3.

For Turk, he has played SG lots of times before. In Efes way back here in Turkey, in Sac-Town in playoffs vs. Lakers and sometimes in SA if needed. His size would be a pretty good advantage since he's started to penetrate more.

On defense though, which he seems to be improving, he'd probably be passed by easily. Hedo's quick for a 6'10 but not quick as some SGs around (eg. Iverson, Ginobili, Kobe etc..)

If we start Auggie or get some one else I'd rather bring him off bench but both of the possibilities seem so distant right now.

I like to see;

Dwight, Augie, Rashard, Hedo and Arroyo as our line-up to see how they would be.

I think Hedo would make up for playing the other sgs cause he'd make them play defense and he can score.

Shard would be in his natural position.

Augie would give us another big and energy.

Arroyo who is a better passer would feed these guys .

Dwight speaks for himself.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

I like to see;

Dwight, Augie, Rashard, Hedo and Arroyo as our line-up to see how they would be.

I think Hedo would make up for playing the other sgs cause he'd make them play defense and he can score.

agree me too

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

I like to see;

I AGREE!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by The Can Opener:

I thought we wanted to be more defensive? All the two guards would blow by Hedo for easy baskets or foul trouble for Dwight. Bad Idea.

Maybe... though I wouldn't be surprised to see Hedo recover and black a few layups as well. Plus, it would be a match up nightmare for those same 2 guards to defend Hedo in the low post, or even bother him at all from the three point line.

At least it would be an interesting experiment.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

I thought we wanted to be more defensive? All the two guards would blow by Hedo for easy baskets or foul trouble for Dwight. Bad Idea.

Maybe... though I wouldn't be surprised to see Hedo recover and black a few layups as well. Plus, it would be a match up nightmare for those same 2 guards to defend Hedo in the low post, or even bother him at all from the three point line.

I could see it as a situational type of thing, but not as a starting line up. Who would back up at 4? Garrity? Maybe Cookie when he gets back is shape.

I just know I want Shard back at his natural position. He gets by at the 4, but its like hes only playing to 60% of his capabilities. Ive been watching the guy for years, hes better than this.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

I could see it as a situational type of thing, but not as a starting line up. Who would back up at 4? Garrity? Maybe Cookie when he gets back is shape.

I just know I want Shard back at his natural position. He gets by at the 4, but its like hes only playing to 60% of his capabilities. Ive been watching the guy for years, hes better than this.

You could go big at times, move Dwight to the 4 and bring in Foyle. Use Garrity and Cook sparingly until Cook gets into better shape or we get a real 4, then use Auggie as the back up, even go back to Shard at the 4 and Hedo at the 3 whn other teams go small... there are a ton of things you could at least try.

I can only assume SVG has at least thought of these things and ruled them out for one reason or another. Who knows?