Sign in to follow this  
MilitaryMagic

Is a Hedo Trade Inevitable?

why trade him when he alongside Dwigth had been our more consistant players. If the Otis Smith pulls the trigger in the trade there is no question who should be USA next president

I hope we don't trade Turk - 'Shard and him are playing very well together and forcing teams to adjust to two 6'10 G/Fs who can shoot threes well and also slash.

No doubt that Turk's playing well because we have Rashard, but the whole team's winning because Turk etal. are able to move and score.

The weakest link is the PF and PG slot. Arroyo's been playing pretty well when Jameer hasn't been, and Jameers been doing fair when Arroyo's slumping, so I can live with what we have at PG.

Trade anyone but Hedo, Lewis, and Dwight: they're our core.

Sell high. Trade Hedo. Just Kidding but seriously if the right trade came along you can't say Hedo is off limits. This season by far has been his best as a pro but just because a guy has a good 30 games doesn't make him untouchable. Hedo historically has been inconsistent.

The thing is Hedo's contract is awesome when you look at his production this season. I can't see a trade involing him that would be good for us. Unless Maybe we include some expirings with him. I'm just not sure trading Hedo is worth it at the moment.

You know, if Orlando and everyone really is that enamored with Hedo, that's cool. The guy is really, really stepping up and I think it's great. We wouldn't be anywhere near where we are not without him.

But saying Hedo is untouchable is like saying any of the guys I mentioned in my first post are untouchable. Now, I understand it's worth seeing where Hedo goes in his new role. He really might take it all the way to the next level in the next couple years. But consider how many borderline all-stars there are in the game. Statistically, there are nearly 100 players with a higher PER than Hedo.

I think his clutch play is valuable and his aggressive play is practically invaluable but you don't declare a guy like Hedo to be untouchable.

Dwight is untouchable.

Rashard is untradeable.

I firmly believe the Magic must capitalize on their talent and I'm just not so sure we're going in the right direction. Heading into the season, pundits everywhere basically figured that Hedo would be marginalized this season with Rashard's arrival and for good reason. Rashard really was one of the most efficient offensive players in the game last season and was nearly as efficient the two previous seasons as well. Shooting a high percentage and taking care of the ball are Rashard's fortes and those are the exact attributes we needed around Dwight.

Now we have a player that was Top-10 at his position last year producing like an average NBA player. It's a simple equation - if you trade Turk for a comparable power forward and move Rashard to the 3 spot, now you'll have Rashard returning form and you'll have a power forward that can still score the ball but produce the rebounding and defense that would put us over the top.

If you want to look at it from a business standpoint to maximize return on investments, a Hedo trade to get a star PF is about as good as it gets...

Every struggling team in the league would love to acquire a player like Hedo with his minimal salary. You combine him with an expiring deal or two and a top-notch PF should be very possible.

The flip side of the coin is, who can the Magic get by trading only expiring deals, young players, or future picks while keeping Hedo?

I don't think there's any reason to trade Hedo. But if the right deal comes along, you certanly must consider it.

I agree, but unless that trade is for the perfect fit (say, Bosh for Hedo, or Kobe for Hedo), I'd say no.

If we trade Hedo for Brooks Thompson and a bag of Cheetos, I will not be happy.

I really think the Suns would take a good hard look at it if we did offer Turk. Throw it Dooling and Garrity's expiring contracts and they save alot of money. The deal obviously makes sense for us as well. Marion is a outstanding defender/rebounder who can spread the floor and run. He would fit in very well here.

If the right trade comes along (and it absolutely has to be a power forward) then Otis has to consider making the trade. I absolutely love the way Turk is playing but we would be crazy not to trade him if we can get an allstar calibre power forward in return.

Marion = 16pts, 10reb, 2stls, 2blks per game

I don't know if they would really want Hedo though. They already have a ton of swing forwards also.

You never know though. They've been rumored to be involved with dumping Marion for 3+ years.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Though I LOVE the Matrix, this trade would leave us with absolutely no "go-to" guy.

I would rather keep Turk over Rashard but I don't see any way that is going to happen. If this trade happens then Rashard needs to step up and be that go to guy that we are paying for. He did it in Seattle so he definitly has the ability.