Sign in to follow this  
FRED

Jameer Not The Answer!

We were 10 points down when Carlos got in the game and change the tempo and put us back in it. Same for the NJ game. But I bet you he won't play against Indiana.

The problem the coach has now is that we are so close from the playoffs that he has to stick with the decissions he made now about our rotations and initial fives, otherwise if he make drastic changes in the line up now and we don't make it then he'll get lots of heat from the management (not to mention the fans). So in my opinion buckle up to your seats because this end of the season is going to be bumpy. At least there has being SOME improvement in our game lately so let's see if that's enough to get us to the next step (playoffs).

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

He needs now to benched for in essence waving off the play Bhill actually called in order to call his own number last night. He totally self destructed at least two solid chances we had to win the game by nothing more than his own selfishness.

I noticed that after his shot they showed BHill and he was furious about something. My first thought was he was mad because he missed but then I thought, "come on! The game is tied at least. You can't get mad like that for missing it. It's not like we lost the game. We are going to an OT". Then I realized it had to be something that Jameer or some else was supposed to do and didn't, but never figured what or who. Now it makes sense.

The problem is that the management's mind is made up about jameer and Carlos will not be retained for next year. Using Carlos now could allow him to perform better than jameer and that would create fan pressure on the management. It seems next years plans are more important to them than the playoffs this year. Sad....... I am glad for Carlos if Brian Hill will remain the coach. Miami will be the destination for Carlos next year.

I'd rather have dooling handing the ball, JJ is not even close to being ready(he looks like a confused child out there half the time, plus plays arms down defense), carlos is about as predictable as jameer, he'll take that top of the key shot almost every time he is halfway open(with mixed results), and jameer has his problems because he will do a good move(split a double team) and complete screw it up after. That's my biggest problem with him, not realizing his faults(mainly size) and retaining the ball.

If the rumor that Tom Crean going to Miami to be the head coach next year would come true, I think Travis would also probably be heading down there to play for his college coach & D-Wade.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

The problem is that the management's mind is made up about jameer and Carlos will not be retained for next year. Using Carlos now could allow him to perform better than jameer and that would create fan pressure on the management. It seems next years plans are more important to them than the playoffs this year. Sad....... I am glad for Carlos if Brian Hill will remain the coach. Miami will be the destination for Carlos next year.

I dont care what is good for Carlos, I know that trading him to Miami is not good for the magic. He is probably much better than he has been playing and in my book a better option than Jameer. However, if we are going to trade him it better be to a team like memphis where it will not bite us in the arse. Jameer does not suck but not PG material he should be playing off ball and off the bench. Right now, Carlos is probably our best option but we will not see that happen.

D-Guy...another JJ hater. That won't get you anywhere here on this forum. Gee he never looked confused beating the crap out of NC.. I assume that is where your from. Remember JJ is not our problem. Don't criticize his defense (Old news) he isnt the one giving up 100 points a game. Arm defense..really...I am sure coach K taught that well...duh!

quote:
Originally posted by D-Guy:

I'd rather have dooling handing the ball, JJ is not even close to being ready(he looks like a confused child out there half the time, plus plays arms down defense)

JJ is not a point guard D-guy and his defense is not a huge problem. Several of the guys on this team play worse defense. When JJ plays 15 or more minutes he tends to have very good outings and for your information he seems to have one of the highest basketball IQs on the team. Last night he had two turnovers by thinking a bit too much. When he gets space he just needs to rise and take the shot not worry about driving or dishing off. If he did play point I don't think he would average less than Jameer does (but he is a little too slow to play the point in my opinion)

I like Jameer. I really do: have since his college days. But the dude needs to run the play that's drawn, especially in the final seconds of a game.

Hopefully, it's a learning experience. Nearly tying your defensive-minded center in assists when you're the ball distributor is not a way to make friends or fans. Scoring less than any other starter while trying to be an AI-like PG is not good.

The more I watch Jameer, the more I think he's lost on this team. I think he's a legit NBA player, but maybe not a good fit for the Magic.

quote:
Originally posted by jasinfla:

If the rumor that Tom Crean going to Miami to be the head coach next year would come true, I think Travis would also probably be heading down there to play for his college coach & D-Wade.

I havent heard anything about that- the last I read, they we predicting he would end up at Kentucky. I really hope that the Magic retain TD, I have this faint hope that placing him on the Inactive was a way to NOT showcase him, Out of sight, out of mind for other teams,kinda thing. Also people wanting a PG this summer have a buttload of talent thruought the draft, and would go that direction or maybe look for a more seasoned guy than him- with that being said, and against all probabilty, I think the Magic need to admit Jameer isnt the guy - nor is 'Los... we need consitancy out there, and the guy who can make the pass out wide-open shot. Not a guy who will take shots away from others like both meer- and CA do. It surely will be an interesting summer!

quote:
Originally posted by The Dude Abides:

quote:
Originally posted by jasinfla:

I havent heard anything about that- the last I read, they we predicting he would end up at Kentucky. I really hope that the Magic retain TD, I have this faint hope that placing him on the Inactive was a way to NOT showcase him, Out of sight, out of mind for other teams,kinda thing. Also people wanting a PG this summer have a buttload of talent thruought the draft, and would go that direction or maybe look for a more seasoned guy than him- with that being said, and against all probabilty, I think the Magic need to admit Jameer isnt the guy - nor is 'Los... we need consitancy out there, and the guy who can make the pass out wide-open shot. Not a guy who will take shots away from others like both meer- and CA do. It surely will be an interesting summer!

I hope that keep him also & give him PLAYING TIME but yeah I heard it on ESPN 1080 on Tuesday morning. Rick Majerus mentioned it & said that Pat more than likely will retire with his health & D-Wade maybe pulling for Crean to come down to Miami