Sign in to follow this  
FRED

Jameer Not The Answer!

Everyone watching the game knows Jameer is going to take the last shot. He will stay out front and dribble the ball down to around two seconds take two steps forward and shoot a 3 pointer. The rest of theam doesn't even have to be on the court. 67 games of this. Give JJ 67 shots at the end and I bet he would nail a much higher percentage. 4 assists in 42 minutes and JJ had 3 in 10. Team ball...I am not sure he knows what that is. He looked terrible playing the SG....Like Brian Schmitz stated" Nelson's size is a factor, whether he likes to hear that or not."

Jameer is clearly tring to be "THE HERO" every game and thats not going to happen. He reads the paper and he knows the management, writers and fans are questioning his abilities. So now he has that I will show them attitude. The team can do it if they play like a team. Pass the more and quit driblling so dam much.

quote:
Originally posted by serviviente:

what about driving to the line???? WE were tied!!! Go to the basket and create FOR OTHERS or try getting fouled!!! Man Jammer had to chances at the end of the game and in the overtime and both times he decided to shot from behind the 3 point line. He might be clutch but the closer to the basket the better chance of making the shot.

I agree, both of the last second shots he took were bad after he hit the jumper over Pierce. Out of everyone on the team I would prefer having Jameer take the last second shot, I would just rather have seen a couple of passes and some type of play to set up a shot.

I just have to let it out.

Why the heck was Arroyo benched this past games?

The reAson they gave is 'cause he was struggling, not making shots and not "passing the ball".

NELSON HAS BEEN STRUGGLING THE WHOLE SEASON!!

SIT HIM DOWN ALSO THEN!!!!

The coach better star playing 'Los 'cause he has been playing he's heart out in practice and in games lately. For god's sake he is even in great attitude after been disrespected this way. Yesterday, he did great in just 10minutes scoring 6pts and giving the Magic a spark to win. But after he went to the bench the team kinda collapse. Nelson in the other hand, just 9pts in 40+ minutes!!! That's not a PG job!!

And hell the most critical positions shots 33 between the two, that is Tony and Nelson. You cannot win like that! YO 33 SHOTS THAT'S 40% OF THE WHOLE TEAM ONLY SHOOTING AT 30%!

Why do you take a 3 point?

In that situation the ball should go inside...inside...inside or drive to the basket...and please if Carlos and Dooling are doing the job,please let them play what else do they have to do to play...

I agree with your title but the same reasons you posted.

You're right in my opinion Jameer is not the answer for when it comes down the stretch he isnt a go to guy every play when it comes to OT or late in the 4th quarter. That part I agree with. The problem is the Magic dont have a guy to do this. He doenst exist on our current roster. At Least not yet. JJ isnt ready in my opinion. Dwight can't hit free throws and turns the ball over when being triple teamed.

Jameer is a guy who can hit a clutch shot. Not every time but I dont have a problem with him taking it. I would say Jameer is a 2nd option clutch shooter guy. But again the Magic doesnt have a first option. So Jameer takes the shot.

Hedo to me is not a clutch shooter at all I'm sorry He's terrible at it. Just because he hit that shot in Seattle at the begining of the season he seems to think he can do it all the time now. He took some really bad unadviced shots late in the 4th last night and in OT.

It all boils down to consistency for any major player/starter on this most frustrating team...

I have a feeling, if we're lucky, we'll grab the 8th seed.

The only player who has been consistent on this entire team has been Dwight...

quote:
Originally posted by orlando12:

It all boils down to consistency for any major player/starter on this most frustrating team...

I have a feeling, if we're lucky, we'll grab the 8th seed.

The only player who has been consistent on this entire team has been Dwight...

This is not a knock on Howard but truth be told even he leads the team and the entire NBA in turnovers.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

But there's a double standard. NO one says anything we he makes those shots, only when he misses them.

Thats false and you know it. There have been multiple threads where Jameer's selfishness has been discussed. Two games back we had a thread where the entire thread was about not liking the way we won that game and it was almost entirely about Jameer taking all those shots. One of the usual objections was raised against anyone who had a problem with Jameer - "What kind of fan are you when you complain after a win?" - but the point I and others made is that when Jameer has these wonderful clutch moments it sets us up to lose by encouraging him to try and get the glory again. Last night the other shoe dropped.

This guy is a head trip and a head trip at the point is a cancer even when you win because he destroys the team concept on the floor for many games to come. He needs now to benched for in essence waving off the play Bhill actually called in order to call his own number last night. He totally self destructed at least two solid chances we had to win the game by nothing more than his own selfishness.

quote:

But there's a double standard. NO one says anything we he makes those shots, only when he misses them.

I'm not a Jameer apologist, he's been disappointing this year, but I still want him taking the shot when the game is on the line.

kberto, let me enlight you on how wrong you are with your statement. If you look on the postings you may find a posting that reads "I'm not satisfied with the win. What about you?". If you go in there and read it you'll see the number of people that dispite Jameer hitting the winning shot and our win, none of them are happy with the game we played, specially big critics to Jameer taking those shots. There are already 87 posts on that thread, most of them against the tactic of Jameer taking those shots. There are some posts there as well that agree that he should take those shots. Not the first time you start ranting to people here when Jameer is being attacked without thinking what you are saying. Now, on the satatement that you preffer Jameer to take the last shot no one can critizize you for it because that's your opinion on something that you don't even need prove. That's your prefference and I respect your opinion. Even more, I see a good reason (even I disagree for other reasons that I believe are more important and have more weight on that decision) that Jameer is consider a good outside shooters and he has the cahoots (forgive me since I have no idea on how to spell this word being from another language that I don't know) to take those shots and his percentage is not so bad. The case other people make, like me, is that the point guard should be concentrated on his duties and Jameer appears to be concentrated on shining like a star shooting too much, not passing or not moving the ball, not arming a continious moving offense, and that is what is bothering us. He's not playing like a playmaker but as a scorer and a team CAN'T have a scorer only in the point guard position and be succesfull. Someone in one of the threads printed a list of the top ten point guards and how many shots they made per game, which I rolled on the floor when I read it. The HUGE difference between those guards and Jameer is that when you look at their assist numbers (and assist/turn over ratio) they are way better than Jameer in that department. They take care FIRST of their duties before starting thinking in their offense. THAT'S the difference. Jameer is thinking in scoring from the moment he steps in the court. He may be a great second guard, which is what I have said before many times, but he can't be our point guard. If he were our second guard I would join your group inmediately because as you already know, he has lots of good offensive resources, but not as a point guard. Last night it killed me when Grant Hill was hot in the forth quarter and he brought us ahead in the game with 3 minutes left and then Jameer came in and he (Grant Hill) never saw the ball again. Grant was playing like in his best days and Jameer compleatly turned him off. Amazing difference. It's your job as a playmaker to recognize who in your team is hot at certain moment and keep him hot passing the ball in his prefered spots. Jameer was too busy shooting the ball to recognize any body at all. Not saying either that the playmaker should never take their shots.

I don't know if the last play of the 4th quarter was design for Jameer but how about this? Situation: 13 seconds on the clock and the game is tied. Why not having Jameer to drible a little to kill some seconds and then clear the right side and pass the ball inside to Dwight with five seconds left. The Celtics have being fouling him all night so the best could happen is that he either makes the basket, or the highest possibility is that they will foul him and we have two free throws. I preffer Dwight alone with no one over him taking two free throws than Jameer trying to score against Delonte West who besides being taller than Jameer (go figure) he had played a magnificent defense against him allowing him very few liberties throughout the whole game. That play there was stupid to me. Give the ball to Dwight and he'll either score or get a few free throws. All we needed was for him to hit one. So there you go again, even if we had won the game (which in that case I had celebrated the win) I would have not be satisfied with the way we won AGAIN.

quote:

I can't stand the hypocrosy with the fans here. When he makes the clutch shots against the kings, spurs, nets and knicks, you all love him and say "wow he's clutch. But when he misses the shots at the end you think he's a selfish bumb. The negativity from Orlando fans is rediculous.

to me you dont sound like a magic fan.you mention the magic fans as if you were talking about the Heat fans. face it Jameer is not a PG he is a SG in a PG body.