Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Appears Golden State Might Want Carlos

http://www.contracostatimes.com/warriors/ci_7848879

Would you trade Carlos to GS? For whom? I think Carlos is much more valuable to our team than Pietrus would be so it would have to be for a lot more than Pietrus. I'd rather trade Dooling than Los but even then I'm not sold that Pietrus would be an upgrade over Dooling. Now if Harrington or Biedrins were thrown into the discussion, my opinion would change. Thoughts?

BTW, this other article below suggests that we did have interest in Pietrus over the summer. Hmmm ...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/01/01/SPQ6U735R.DTL

http://www.contracostatimes.com/warriors/ci_7848879

Would you trade Carlos to GS? For whom? I think Carlos is much more valuable to our team than Pietrus would be so it would have to be for a lot more than Pietrus. I'd rather trade Dooling than Los but even then I'm not sold that Pietrus would be an upgrade over Dooling. Now if Harrington or Biedrins were thrown into the discussion, my opinion would change. Thoughts?

BTW, this other article below suggests that we did have interest in Pietrus over the summer. Hmmm ...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/01/01/SPQ6U735R.DTL

oh gawd. pietrus has low IQ... :-S but who do we send? We need to trade some of our 2's in this deal. Pietrus wants starter minutes which I believe is unlikely to happen.

Yeah, I've been reading up on Pietrus. He is an over-rated defender and he can't dribble, according to Hollinger. Frankly, we don't need him. IMO, we can't lose Keyon's slashing abilities or Los' passing abilities.

*Edit: Just changed the title to include "might" to better reflect situation. Thx pimpin!

we need a big man. that is it for now. other then that no. arroyo is playing well and dooling cant run the offense by getting others involved. dooling looks for his shot more then passes the rock.

if we dont trade for a big. then i say that we dont trade at all. imo. how may sg do one team need? dooling, bogans, evans, jj, and other players that can play mins in that spot.

I don't think Pietrus would be beneficial since we have Shard, Turk and Mo at his position.

But I would be interested to see Biedrins involved. He might be the missing PF that we need.

quote:
I don't think Pietrus would be beneficial since we have Shard, Turk and Mo at his position.

But I would be interested to see Biedrins involved. He might be the missing PF that we need.

that would take alot. they didn't even pull the trigger, reportedly, when they were offered Josh Smith for him.

That should tell either they have become desperate or KRAZY! Either way, I don't see a need for what he brings, we need a big with real time skills!

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:

that would take alot. they didn't even pull the trigger, reportedly, when they were offered Josh Smith for him.

Wow. Makes sense b/c he is a 10/10 guy with a PER of 19 at age 21.

true.

but anyway back to the topic

quote:
Yeah, I've been reading up on Pietrus. He is an over-rated defender and he can't dribble, according to Hollinger. Frankly, we don't need him. IMO, we can't lose Keyon's slashing abilities or Los' passing abilities.
I'd rather give up Keyon for Mickael. But comeon, losing another point and adding another 2? last time I heard, we have another SG whom we used the 11th pick on, and hes not even getting significant PT.

On to Pietrus, he'd be an interesting add. I wouldn't say he is an over-rated defender since he a better defender than KeBo, IMo. but Kebo is a better shooter. Pietrus has the tenacity and the athleticism the Kebo lacks defensively, and hes a good slasher too.

Good find Soul Bro. Interesting.

I have a question for the guys that like all the trade talk.

Obviously the Warriors are in need of a point guard. For you guys that are good with the salary cap, is there any trade scenario we could realistically work out with them to upgrade our roster?