Sign in to follow this  
fishybashi

Ariza the next Magic Killer?

The way the Magic are playing, I'll say something radical:

I'd rather take Ariza over Lewis right now--straight up. Lewis is so one-dimensional, Ariza has so much more of an upswing.

A line up of Howard, Turk, Ariza, Bogans, Arroyo -- is a threat in my book.

After seeing what Ariza can still do as part of a starting team, I'd give Cook and Evans back.

As an aside, we need a new starting PG who can direct offense at a more efficient and consistent basis. I say give Arroyo a try at starting. We also need another banger like Varejao in the lineup.

All I'm saying is this: The Magic have made poor decisions on giving up hustle players: Wallace, Billups, Varejao, Kasun, Harpring, Miller ... to name a few. Not many people know we had Billups before trading him to the Pistons for Hill. I know that's in the past now, but Ariza's good play was not so distant and Otis traded him for perennial bench players. Why do we keep letting go of hustle players and get stuck with soft players with very high and undeserved salaries???

And I say stop with playing high profile players out of position. G. Hill is so much more effective as a SF now. I think Lewis needs a chance to thrive in his natural position. We are the only team that keeps doing this. Why can't we learn from the past???? That's what I don't get!

quote:
Originally posted by MagicNoles:

Do you honestly have to begin every post you make putting down someone with a different opinion than you?

MagicNoles or anybody else for that matter, Someone has already hinted around on another thread that they think Mellow is really LilPenny in disguise. The writing style looks eerily similar. If I'm not mistaken LilPenny got suspended for this very reason, putting people down and in general being rude to others.

He thrives on getting under peoples skin and trying to get others pissed off. When you respond to him(get mad) he wins.

The way to win with him is simple, "ignore him". Then when he breaks the forum rules like he'll probably do when he reads my post the mods will suspend him again.

I know how kids "like him" operate, I've got kids in the "elementary" school where I work that do the same thing. When he gets you pissed off, he wins.

The best thing is just ignore him. If you choose to respond to him just don't go to his level by putting others down and their opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by fishybashi:

I'd rather take Ariza over Lewis right now--straight up. Lewis is so one-dimensional, Ariza has so much more of an upswing.

After seeing what Ariza can still do as part of a starting team, I'd give Cook and Evans back.

As an aside, we need a new starting PG who can direct offense at a more efficient and consistent basis. I say give Arroyo a try at starting. We also need another banger like Varejao in the lineup.

All I'm saying is this: The Magic have made poor decisions on giving up hustle players: Wallace, Billups, Varejao, Kasun, Harpring, Miller ... to name a few. Not many people know we had Billups before trading him to the Pistons for Hill. I know that's in the past now, but Ariza's good play was not so distant and Otis traded him for perennial bench players. Why do we keep letting go of hustle players and get stuck with soft players with very high and undeserved salaries???

And I say stop with playing high profile players out of position. G. Hill is so much more effective as a SF now. I think Lewis needs a chance to thrive in his natural position. We are the only team that keeps doing this. Why can't we learn from the past???? That's what I don't get!

anf your crazy if you would take ariza over shard...absolutly crazy...

quote:
Originally posted by MagicNoles:

quote:

anf your crazy if you would take ariza over shard...absolutly crazy...

Interesting line up Fishy...how do you feel they are a threat? Are you basing this on last years stats for Ariza.....which were 10ppg, 5pg,2apg and 2spg (from Magic stats page for trevor's 7 starts last year)?

It is interesting because many think that D12's and Hedo's play has improved because of Lewis' presence on the floor, and the stats seem to support that. Is the bench the same as last year?Who would come off the bench in your scenario, because that would also factor in.

I do agree it is not good to play some out of position, and that we need better PG play. I would try Arroyo as well, but both PG's have been inconsistent so i am not sold that it would make all the difference.

quote:

Ariza started for the Lakers today, and he looks very impressive. A couple hard dunks in the first half.

We need someone like him in our team. Is is possible to trade back???

I don't mean to be a downer on us Magic fans, but posted this for the Ariza fans out there. I am proud of the fella, I think he is going to do just fine with a nucleus of Bryant, Bynum, and Odom.

We need to get out of this curse of seeing ex-Magic players shine! Varejao is another example. He looked strong playing for the Cavs today.

Yes, let's trade back for Ariza so he can sit on our bench yet again.

For whatever reason the kid wasn't getting minutes here. I am happy for him that he is getting some playing time.

quote:

I'd rather take Ariza over Lewis right now--straight up.

Yeah, I pretty much stopped reading after that. Something about zero credibility...

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:

I'd rather take Ariza over Lewis right now--straight up.

Yeah, I pretty much stopped reading after that. Something about zero credibility...

Honestly. You'd think Ariza had a triple double last night or something.

Ariza would never return to Orlando as long as he has the oppurtunity to play in LA his home town....

We disrespected him.

We told him he was going to be a major piece of our youth and we bench him and trade him.

Dont think for a minute it would be a happy return for him. We like to burn our bridges when we get rid of a player..

Every team has players they regret getting rid of...even the great teams. As good as the Spurs are, imagine if they had kept Leandro Barbosa. Imagine if Joe Johnson was playing point guard right now for the Celtics, instead of Rajon Rondo.

The Raptors had Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady in the same lineup! The Magic have plenty of regretable moves, and losing Shaq and signing Grant Hill are two of the biggest in NBA history.

The trade of Ariza shouldn't even be a blip on the radar in comparison.