Sign in to follow this  
fishybashi

Ariza the next Magic Killer?

Ariza started for the Lakers today, and he looks very impressive. A couple hard dunks in the first half.

We need someone like him in our team. Is is possible to trade back???

I don't mean to be a downer on us Magic fans, but posted this for the Ariza fans out there. I am proud of the fella, I think he is going to do just fine with a nucleus of Bryant, Bynum, and Odom.

We need to get out of this curse of seeing ex-Magic players shine! Varejao is another example. He looked strong playing for the Cavs today.

Ariza started for the Lakers today, and he looks very impressive. A couple hard dunks in the first half.

I don't mean to be a downer on us Magic fans, but posted this for the Ariza fans out there. I am proud of the fella, I think he is going to do just fine with a nucleus of Bryant, Bynum, and Odom.

We need to get out of this curse of seeing ex-Magic players shine! Varejao is another example. He looked strong playing for the Cavs today.

Sorry Fishy, don't agree. I in fact never understood all the hype he got when he was here. Dude never showed me anything except some highlight reel dunks. The NBA is chok full of guys that can dunk and make strong cuts to the basket. They're called slashers and they're a dime a dozen. Until he gets a shot, which I don't believe he ever will, that's all he'll be.

Besides, I've posted this before and I'll post it again. He wanted out of Orlando. It doesn't take a lot to figure that out. The Magic brass don't want any congestion for Dwight to operate in the post. That's about all they could have done to give Trevor any minutes was slash him to the basket but obviously that would create congestion for Dwight.

They aren't gonna design plays for a guy to come off of picks that can't shoot nor has any confidence in his shot.

Besides, we were and still are loded at the small forward position which is his natural spot.

Ariza had every right to leave but the Magic had both rights and wrongs when they let him go. Ariza 'never' got enough minutes here to show that he could actually contribute to this team.

Its not all about Ariza's Negatives which I've seen repeated so much, its all about his positives. What DID Ariza do for this team when he played on that court?

Even though Ariza's only offense was dunks, his dunks helped his teammates "mentally" and right now this team is struggling "mentally". When Ariza dunked on someone, he not only owned that player but even brought excitement to his teammates if anyone noticed. When Ariza dunked on Emeka, did Dwight not give a leap of joy? Doesn't a dunk have more of a chance of going in then a open shot? lol Is Trevor Ariza NOT 22 and doesn't have at least 14 years to get a shot?

Look what happened today when Trevor Ariza was actually given fair minutes and started even started. He had like 5 dunks, 2 easy steals, picked up some charges a charge, and grabbed 7 rebs.

Phoenix has to feel bad tonight cause this is the type of team that many of us would suggest he play in.

BallJunkie, if you had the chance before Ariza was traded, would you send him this if you could?:

BETTERSHOOTING2.gif

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

BallJunkie, if you had the chance before Ariza was traded, would you send him this if you could?:

BETTERSHOOTING2.gif

I'll give you credit O-Dub, that is a good one! See there, I can laugh at myself.(lol)

quote:
Originally posted by fishybashi:

Trade back to get another small forward? No, I'd trade to get a a pg or pf but I wouldn't lose sleep over getting Trevor back.

Plus Redick is on our team?!?!! It makes me want to trade the guy less sometimes seeing his video. If he's not working out there, make him work!!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Sorry Fishy, don't agree. I in fact never understood all the hype he got when he was here. Dude never showed me anything except some highlight reel dunks. The NBA is chok full of guys that can dunk and make strong cuts to the basket. They're called slashers and they're a dime a dozen. Until he gets a shot, which I don't believe he ever will, that's all he'll be.

Besides, I've posted this before and I'll post it again. He wanted out of Orlando. It doesn't take a lot to figure that out. The Magic brass don't want any congestion for Dwight to operate in the post. That's about all they could have done to give Trevor any minutes was slash him to the basket but obviously that would create congestion for Dwight.

They aren't gonna design plays for a guy to come off of picks that can't shoot nor has any confidence in his shot.

Besides, we were and still are loded at the small forward position which is his natural spot.

pretty short-sighted assessment. It's interesting how someone who calls himself a ball-junkie can't see what a player like Ariza brings.

Excellent post fishybashi!

All one has to do is look at the (few) players comparable to Ariza in the game. All are very coveted. Nobody's stupid enough to ship them away like Otis did.

Heck what players with the ability of Ariza wouldn't want out of Orlando when all of the sudden some dimwit coach benched them for Pat Garrity!

Ariza is not in a mediocre organization anymore, good for him.