quote:
Originally posted by Orlando Mellow:

Smith is almost as inept as Stan

Hard to say which one's worse

Smith is worst... he hired Stan

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

I understand that hindsight is the nature of this thread

The funny thing is that it is hindsight for most of you. While for a select few, this was all predicted 5-6 months ago (before the season began).

This is where I dole out a big fat helping of "I Told You so" pie.

That's bullcrap.. a lot of this isn't hindsight because I believe Otis made good moves heading into this season. Trading Kelvin Cato, his horrific contract and a first round pick for Darko Milicic and Carlos Arroyo was a good move. Trading the goon Steve Francis for Penny's contract and Trevor Ariza was a TERRIFIC move.

But since the beginning of summer, Otis has slowly undone all of the good moves he made and let Grant Hill walk for nothing to boot. To think that for Grant Hill and Ariza we probably could of had Vince Carter. Instead we have Evans and Cook.

As far as Battie, I like him. He actually plays.. you know defense? And *gasp* rebounds!? But absolutely we overpaid for him.

For those that voted drafting J.J. Redick was a mistake, please tell me someone from that weak '05 draft class that we should of picked at the time. Please! Redick was just what we needed at the time.. since we've loaded up on "shooters" his need to the team isn't urgent anymore, but I think last night proved we still need him.

Actually what we need is SVG and Otis to pull their heads out of their butts, that's what we need!

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

The funny thing is that it is hindsight for most of you. While for a select few, this was all predicted 5-6 months ago (before the season began).

you can predict the future and therefore are an asset to this organization

quote:
Originally posted by StufFtheMagicDragon:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

you can predict the future and therefore are an asset to this organization

Oh, I don't know. Some predictions are much easier to make than others. For example, I can confidently predict that if you jump off the top of the empire state building tomorrow, you won't be posting on this board anymore after that. Easy, isn't it?

The point is that the unbalanced nature of the team Otis was creating was evident to some of us over the summer, and the consequences of that followed logically. There was basically a schism on the board; one side was confident that SVG could somehow overcome the roster limitations (team defense, blah blah blah) and that players like Auggie/Gortat would replace or even be better than Darko. Those of us on the other side of that argument didn't share that view.

Looks like the chickens are coming home to roost. And they may be roosting a long time, since Otis has put much of our roster in cement with expensive long-term contracts.

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

Oh, I don't know. Some predictions are much easier to make than others. For example, I can confidently predict that if you jump off the top of the empire state building........

SPLAT!!!

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

I would judge him based on what he did with this team from this past offseason on.....

SPLAT!!!

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution

POLL SUMMARY

AFTER 73 VOTES:

Otis has scored a D (2 33/73 ave) on his job performance largely on what he has done since the departure of Brian Hill. 75% of the members have lost confidence in him. There were no areas that the members were overwhelmingly or reasonably happy with him...nothing.

There were no surprises and his vote of confidence that he enjoyed last year has disappeared.

Most members were willing to wait and see what he would do this summer. The results are in and it ain't pretty.

Otis is in trouble.

SPLAT!!!

do you really think otis has the power to make calls on spending this kind of money. no no no. these kind of decisions are made by others. he is just a mouth piece/advisor for others who control the money. he just happens to give horrible advice. he wouldnt know a basketball player from race horse jockey. jacklj