Sign in to follow this  
clarkn1237

We need a Good Trade Otis!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

Im watching this Nuggets vs Rockets game and Karl has completely took J.R. Smith out of his rotation. You look at Smith on the bench and he doesnt look happy at all. Now i know hes been known to be a headcase but the guy has talent. We could really use him to start at the 2 for us and let him grow with Howard since their both 22 yrs old. So if Smith is at the 2 i would want to move Lewis to the 3 and take Turk out of the starting lineup to give us some bench scoring. Turk will still get 30+ mins. I just thought we should take Turk out cause you dont want to have all them scorers in the same lineup so 1 of them has to play a backup role. Bogans can back up Smith. I chose Smith over Bogans because Smith is more all around player than Bogans is and he can shoot 3s good. He can slash to the basket and thats something we dont have in most of our players, the ability to slash to the basket. Only problem is now we have to fill the pf position so possibly a trade for someone. Next year we should be fine with Battie coming back and letting Gortat show what hes capable of. Smith has talent and we can get him now by trading Redick or somebody. Hes not playing now and he should be but you know in Denver its the Melo and Iverson show there. We could run a 9man rotation. We already know what Bogans and Turk will give us off the bench. This gives Arroyo some actual scorers to go to in that 2nd unit. So when the starters are out we can keep on scoring. Everybody play a certain amount of minutes so nobody gets over worked. This gives us more balance and bench scoring.

Starters

Nelson

Smith

Lewis

Pf

Howard

Bench

Arroyo

Bogans

Turkoglu

Foyle

Possibly we could trade with Seattle and get Wilcox or Collison.

quote:
Originally posted by clarkn1237:

It seems like Otis great idea of bringing in Cook and Evans is backfiring big time. These 2 were supposed to bring us more outside shooters, but after seeing last nights game, where both guys got decent playing time again, I'm convinced that there not the answer.

I think we need another go to guy, who can come right in to the starting line up and make a difference. I would hate to see Turk go, especially since he's off to a career start. But I seriously doubt any team is going to be interested in Shard, and even Otis is smart enough not to listen to trade talks involving Dwight. So I think Hedo is our only attractive trade piece.

What about packaging Hedo and Jameer for someone like Jason Kidd? He wants out of Jersey, and they would be getting 2 starters for 1. A Kidd, Lewis, Dwight lineup would be almost unstoppable. Kidd still has prob 3 solid years left in him so I think if Jersey would entertain this idea, Otis should pull the trigger on something like this.

We need a REAL starting PG, Jameer's just a backup on most any other team. Anyone else think this would be a good trade?

This is a horrible idea.

Jason Kidd is in his mid 30's, he is not capable of the 20 points a night like Hedo is, he's more like a 10 pt guy. Yes he would run the offense better than Jameer but then your looking at Evans as a full time starter.

Hedo only goes if it brings us back an all star scorer, Jason Kidd is one of the worst shooting guards in the league.

If we had another defender/rebounder or a better 2 position we'd be set.

quote:

quote:

Im watching this Nuggets vs Rockets game and Karl has completely took J.R. Smith out of his rotation. You look at Smith on the bench and he doesnt look happy at all. Now i know hes been known to be a headcase but the guy has talent. We could really use him to start at the 2 for us and let him grow with Howard since their both 22 yrs old. So if Smith is at the 2 i would want to move Lewis to the 3 and take Turk out of the starting lineup to give us some bench scoring. Turk will still get 30+ mins. I just thought we should take Turk out cause you dont want to have all them scorers in the same lineup so 1 of them has to play a backup role. Bogans can back up Smith. I chose Smith over Bogans because Smith is more all around player than Bogans is and he can shoot 3s good. He can slash to the basket and thats something we dont have in most of our players, the ability to slash to the basket. Only problem is now we have to fill the pf position so possibly a trade for someone. Next year we should be fine with Battie coming back and letting Gortat show what hes capable of. Smith has talent and we can get him now by trading Redick or somebody. Hes not playing now and he should be but you know in Denver its the Melo and Iverson show there. We could run a 9man rotation. We already know what Bogans and Turk will give us off the bench. This gives Arroyo some actual scorers to go to in that 2nd unit. So when the starters are out we can keep on scoring. Everybody play a certain amount of minutes so nobody gets over worked. This gives us more balance and bench scoring.

Starters

Nelson

Smith

Lewis

Pf

Howard

Bench

Arroyo

Bogans

Turkoglu

Foyle

Possibly we could trade with Seattle and get Wilcox or Collison.

Think of this lineup

Starters

Nelson

Smith

Lewis

Collison

Howard

Bench

Arroyo

Bogans

Turkoglu

Foyle

Smith is more leading to be a future all star than Ariza was. Whenever Smith gets a starting role with 30+ minutes hes gonna go off. Why not bring him to the Magic to play with Lewis and Howard. And all we might have to give up for him is Redick. Redick not playing anyways might is well trade him. This trade we wont regret unlike the Ariza trade. Denver needs a spotup shooter. We need an all around 2 guard.

quote:
Originally posted by jakprut87:

that smith thing is awesome..love that..hope we could close that deal..

dwight annd smith smashing the ring..!!

GO MAGIC!!!beat the JAZZ..

but we need more def and smith is not good at that.

Come on people, since when did everyone on here become an NBA talent scout? It seems everyone on here wants us to trade nothing for a potential talent, and thats it.

No one wants us to trade any of our own solid talent (Turk, Nelson), were never going to be anything but an average team with this talent we have now. It seems like Otis keeps trying to find diamonds in the rough so to speak but keeps coming up with fools gold (Evans, Cook come to mind).

We need another solid vet on our team now, not another 22 yr old with a huge upside (J.R Smith, Wilcox, etc).

Thats why I stated earlier that we need another proven all-start, like a Jason Kidd (or someone of this caliber). If we want to be taken as serious contenders we need another playoff tested vet. Like the Spurs, they have vet role players like Finley, Horry, not some 22 yr old kid who was riding the bench somewhere else. Or Look at Detroit, they go out and get guys like a Webber or Antonio Mcdyse. This is what the Magic are missing a player of this type of caliber.

We don't need to trade for more young talent, if thats the case, we need to play JJ more. NO MORE BAD TRADES OTIS!!!

Jr Smith, is a bad defender, have a bad attitude and a mediocre balhanding skills.

Yes, he is a good shooter, but for only a good shooter we have JJ.

And in my opinion we need a rebounder enegetic force from the bench. Like Danny Fortson. I love this guy!

quote:

Before he was drafted he was labeled as the next Kobe Bryant by scouts.

That would be revisionist history. I don't have a problem taking a flier on JR Smith. He's got a nyce outside shot and has athleticism. But, he's also a lazy defensive player, and that appears to be our problem, not the solution to our problem.

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

quote:

Before he was drafted he was labeled as the next Kobe Bryant by scouts.

That would be revisionist history. I don't have a problem taking a flier on JR Smith. He's got a nyce outside shot and has athleticism. But, he's also a lazy defensive player, and that appears to be our problem, not the solution to our problem.

If I am not mistaken wasnt, Deshawn Stevenson dubbed the next Michael Jordan, the analyst arent always right....lol