quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by Robert56:

quote:
Originally posted by Detroit Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Not to stray to far off the subject, I promise.

I guess we can laugh about it now but when this happened the other night I got mad and hollered at the TV at Darko.

I'm referring to the play where Darko got the ball in the low post and Malik Rose was manned up on him. Darko started leaning on Rose with his body weight and Rose just took about two steps back and Darko fell right on his a-s-s!(lol)

That was foul. Even NY announcers indicated that after replay.

You are right that was a foul. Rose had grabbed Darko's jersey and pulled him. The refs missed it as normal, Darko isn't getting the calls he should be, as the refs don't repect him yet. Most of that disrepct from the refs comes from Larry Brown not allowing Darko to play in Detroit.

Ok it was a foul, but why didn't Darko get upset? The only emotion I saw was embarrassment if anything, he should have demanded the ball on the next possesion and taken it right at Rose who was giving up 20 pds and six inches to Darko.

You want respect, you want to get paid? Then show a little passion and pride, use your god given physical attributes to put the guy in his place. I love watching Darko play when he gets fired up and really goes after people, just wish he would do it more often.

The one play that epitomized Darko for me is when he picked up his third foul. He gave Eddy Curry a half-hearted arm slap as he flashed to the basket. He then left the game went to the bench and looked like he totally did not give a crap. Darko is very skilled and can be a great player but he definitely needs to pick up the intensity.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I guess we can laugh about it now but when this happened the other night I got mad and hollered at the TV at Darko.

I'm referring to the play where Darko got the ball in the low post and Malik Rose was manned up on him. Darko started leaning on Rose with his body weight and Rose just took about two steps back and Darko fell right on his a-s-s!(lol)

That was a foul. Even NY announcers indicated that after replay.

You are right that was a foul. Rose had grabbed Darko's jersey and pulled him. The refs missed it as normal, Darko isn't getting the calls he should be, as the refs don't repect him yet. Most of that disrepct from the refs comes from Larry Brown not allowing Darko to play in Detroit.

Ok it was a foul, but why didn't Darko get upset? The only emotion I saw was embarrassment if anything, he should have demanded the ball on the next possesion and taken it right at Rose who was giving up 20 pds and six inches to Darko.

You want respect, you want to get paid? Then show a little passion and pride, use your god given physical attributes to put the guy in his place. I love watching Darko play when he gets fired up and really goes after people, just wish he would do it more often.

Forgive if I am wrong but I think after next contact with Darko Rose went to the bench to fix his finger! I am not sure was it Darko or not but Rose paid for it.

Smack, I actually agree with almost everything you are saying about Darko. However, I do not see Darko getting a legit chance to develop here ... especially if we go sign a scoring sg this summer ... which we badly need. Some games Darko only gets 3 to 4 fg attempts. Would he get more with VC or Lewis here? How? Everything I have seen leads me to believe just the opposite.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That was foul. Even NY announcers indicated that after replay.

The one play that epitomized Darko for me is when he picked up his third foul. He gave Eddy Curry a half-hearted arm slap as he flashed to the basket. He then left the game went to the bench and looked like he totally did not give a crap. Darko is very skilled and can be a great player but he definitely needs to pick up the intensity.

I'm confused by your point here. Darko got beat by a good player, and fouled him. Are you mad he didn't punch him? And how many wuss fouls did Tony have that game? Or in the Toronto game, for that matter?

J. Nelson retire, you SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. AND BRIAN HILL SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS TEN TIMES MORE, this "coach" did not made one substitution the entire 2 overtimes while Doc Rivers did his job and developed a strategy and made a couple of adjustments and substitutions.

Nice game B. Hill and nice shots Nelson you two are really THE ODD COUPLE

quote:
Originally posted by rdeezy:

not today

Spoken like a person that doesn't know there are two halves to a basketball game.

Battie came back in the second half to shoot 5-8 from the field. His final stat line read 13 points and 11 rebounds. He was awarded the double-double of the game by Goukas and Steele on the TV broadcast. It's true he didn't shoot well at the begining of the game. In my eyes the dunks he missed were contested shots though.

The point is after having a sluggish start he didn't hang his head and pout the rest of the game. He continued to play hard and as always provided some great leadership. Then, good things happened and he actually hit a "big" baseline jumper with about 2 minutes to go and the score tied at 77 apiece.

Listen, nobody is saying that Tony Battie is gonna fill up the stat sheet cause he's not. What he will give is solid defense and 100% effort every stinking night.

Maybe there's a reason nationally renowned sports writer's question Darko's heart. Speaking of which it's been done twice just this week by two different ESPN personalities.

On Darko and his heart(desire), I'm not gonna play doctor here but Tom Sterner said at halftime he had his leg wrapped. It looked to me as if he got kneed in the thigh by Paul Pierce. Sterner said he was going to come out after halftime and give it a go. I'm not sure if he meant in the real game or just trying to play on it during halftime to see how it felt.

I do know he did not attempt to get back in the game.