Sign in to follow this  
D-Guy

ESPN NBA Coast to Coast Power Rankings Discussion

Anyone see the NBA coast to coast last night where they discussed the magic being rated #1 in the power rankings? 2 of the 3 "experts" lynched Stein for putting the magic at #1, while Greg Anthony and Stein both reiterated that the list is a now first, playoff strength/potential second type list and right now the Magic are the best team(a few mentioned because Duncan is injured). I was just happy to hear Greg Anthony say "you gotta give the magic their due".

On a side note, for those of you who watch ESPN relatively alot(myself included), anyone else notice the random comments from ESPN commentators wondering if the magic are going to do the same thing and burn out like we did last year. I have a feeling that is why the magic are still not getting as much attention/respect as they really deserve from the talking heads. I swore if we had half the games the Lakers or heat had on national TV I would almost not care as much about the FSN fiasco.

Anyone see the NBA coast to coast last night where they discussed the magic being rated #1 in the power rankings? 2 of the 3 "experts" lynched Stein for putting the magic at #1, while Greg Anthony and Stein both reiterated that the list is a now first, playoff strength/potential second type list and right now the Magic are the best team(a few mentioned because Duncan is injured). I was just happy to hear Greg Anthony say "you gotta give the magic their due".

On a side note, for those of you who watch ESPN relatively alot(myself included), anyone else notice the random comments from ESPN commentators wondering if the magic are going to do the same thing and burn out like we did last year. I have a feeling that is why the magic are still not getting as much attention/respect as they really deserve from the talking heads. I swore if we had half the games the Lakers or heat had on national TV I would almost not care as much about the FSN fiasco.

yeah, i saw that. We are finnaly getting the respect we deserve. i agree some w/ you when you say that some people are doubting us because of our start last year. Just wait untill the end of the season when we are first in the east.

Well as much as i love this franchise, we have sort of faded in years past. We have had a great year but until you can do it 82 games, we really have just gotten off to a good start. Now im a believer as much as anyone on here and i really think this will be a sustained pace were on, but i cant blame anyone who questions us because of our track record

Only time will tell,but i will tell you what these team is so much diffrant then last year.The close games that we played this year last years team would have lost them. Also these team seems to be all business, and that is credit to our new coach.I dont think this team will fade but we will find out.

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!

MAGICRISINGSTARSWITHRIPPLINGWATER.gif

You're hearing the last gasps of our critics. This is their final bullet, that we started strong last season, why won't we fade again?

It's a reasonable question to ask. That is, if you had literally been living in a cave and didn't hear that the Magic fired Brian Hill, hired a good coach, and brought some all-star guy from Seattle in to play with Dwight.

Unfortunately for the critics, all of that actually happened so their question has no real merit.

I watched the whole session of coast to coast, and was disgusted with every "expert analysis" opinons from Rick, and Tim, Anthony did give some props to the Magic, but Tim, and Rick gave about no real credit to the Magic other than saying they are in there top 5 list. This team will not fade because we are beating all the teams we are supposed to beat. Our next level, is to start beating every team. (PHX, DET, SA). The elites.

We have played one of the hardest schedules in the nba just of SOS. We are for real last year we had the schedule boston has this year expect with a 5 game road trip in there. We are for real no doub about it i see us making some serious noise in the playoffs!!!!!

they are saying that we did this last year. but what they are failing to point out is that the schedule is different then it was last year. We are winning on the road in the hardest part of our schedule. Our schedule last year was a cake walk in the beginning. we started losing when we went on our west coast trip and when ariza got hurt. now we have won on the west coast and ariza is not even on the team.

Things are different and our players seemed to have learned from last year.

you guys are kidding right? i'm not reading people complain about the amount of attention we're getting, am I? this must be a joke, right?

if you don't think we've gotten enough respect, then you must be smoking something.

loved how anthony defended our team getting the top spot. legler and carlisle are idiots! key word, "NOW" meaning short term... but oh well, we are 16-4 baby and won 11-2 on the road!!!

stick it to them!

dont really care what they say since they favor the west and boston... come april, we will prove them wrong... 73-9 record... anyone??