Sign in to follow this  
Hoezzz33

Jameer needs to step up....

quote:
Originally posted by Hoezzz33:

He is a starting POINT GUARD and i think he only had 3 games with 10 or more assits last year. Common that is pretty weak.

Slow your Redlion roll down a bit there and try some facts on for size. Only three pointguards in the league average 10+ assists per game. This 'pretty weak' point guard is 15th in the league in assists.

RNK NAME GP MPG AST APG TO TOPG AP48M AST/TO

15 Nelson 19 30.8 118 6.2 48 2.5 9.7 2.46

If you want to complain about a facet of his game, maybe focus in the Ast/to ratio where his overall ranking drops down to 26.

And, since you mentioned his shooting... ask yourself what the outcome of the GS game would have been without his 22 points, not to mention his 11 assists.

He has average 4.2 assists for his career and that is up to 6.2 this season. Surely you just havent seen any games and assumed that B.Hill was still coaching and the team was the same as last year?

Jameer is a good point. He has developed very well over the last couple seasons. He will get points and about 7 ast. a game and he will be the DIFFERENCE maker come playoff time mark my words. We have 2 quality PG's i think if jameer gets his to's down he will have major success.

not to mention, raymond felton, tony parker, allen iverson, and mo williams average 7,7.1,7.1,and7.4 assists. This is also in 4.6, 3.8, 7.8, and 5.1 more minutes per game then jameer. Who's to say he couldnt get that 1 assist more with an extra 5 minutes.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

not to mention, raymond felton, tony parker, allen iverson, and mo williams average 7,7.1,7.1,and7.4 assists. This is also in 4.6, 3.8, 7.8, and 5.1 more minutes per game then jameer. Who's to say he couldnt get that 1 assist more with an extra 5 minutes.

OH GOD NO!!!!!!!!

Lewis4thewin, dont use LOGIC on him...it throws off his entire thread!

To the person who started this thread (i could look to the top to find out your screen name, but you really arent that important)...

...you make me laugh. Do you do kid's birthday parties?

TheGodfather

Since we are on a logic roll, I'll keep it going....

The quicker the tempo of an offense, the less shot clock is used per possession. This leads to more possessions per game, which leads to more opportunities to score. More opportunities to score leads to more opportunities to earn an assist.

As the tempo of our offense has increased this season, Jameer's assist total has increased. As the season goes on, we should see Nelson's assist average continue to increase.

However, we will not see Nelson averaging 10 assists with the personnel we now have on the team. Not only is Nelson only averaging 30 minutes a game (a low average for a starting PG), but he has players like Hedo and Rashard in the lineup with him. Both of these players, but especially Hedo, have strong passing abilities in their own right.

Nelson could realistically increase his average to 7.7-8.0 assists per game by season's end, which would be tremendous.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

I hae afeeling that when is not hot offensively his PG performance will be affected. Lets hope not.

Nice observation Ibone, i agree.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

**** it how did another one of these start?

I've pretty much come to expect any thread that mentions either one to turn this corner.

quote:
Originally posted by Hoezzz33:

Everything else aside Jameer needs to earn his keep as the starting point guard here. It seems to me that he still doesn't understand that his role is to enable his teamates to score points. He has too many weapons inside and out for him to be taking bad shots. On the same token Jameer does great when he drives to the lane, and also is a great shooter when left open. I think Jameer is a great player but he needs to make the adjustment. If anyone on the team is going to shoot a bad shot it needs to be Rashard or Turk. Jameer must stay away from 5-16 shooting nights, stay away from long jump shots off the dribble, and boost his Assists per game up into the 8-10 range. Once he does that I think the Magic will truly become a Title contender.

What the **** is this? We're 16-4 and I"m hearing Jameer needs to step up!!?? LMAO

Are you watching the Magic's midget Jameer Nelson or are you watching the New York Knicks midget Nate Robinson? Jameer making an adjusment? Are you still in last years season? He made the adjustment since the beginning of the preseason.

Dude, this thread is funny....wow. I think your 1 year behind my friend.