Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Yahoo recap of last nights game. Best recap i've read all year. A must read IMO.

quote:
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- It might have been easy for the Orlando Magic of old to melt down in a game like this, and go home satisfied with a 3-2 road trip.

This team doesn't settle for any such thing.

After Dwight Howard nearly cost the Magic the game in the final minute of regulation, he helped them win in overtime.

Howard scored four of his 18 points in the extra session and the NBA's top road team pulled off a hard-fought 123-117 victory over Golden State on Monday night to snap the Warriors' six-game winning streak.

"We trust each other. That's the main thing," said Rashard Lewis, a key figure late in the game for Orlando. "We have trust in a lot of guys on this team. That's why we're coming up big in a lot of games."

Howard missed a dunk with 18.7 seconds left in regulation and was fouled, but smacked the padding on the basket standard for an automatic technical. Stephen Jackson hit a free throw for the infraction, then Howard converted both of his chances from the stripe -- on a play that sent Golden State star Baron Davis to the bench for good with his sixth foul.

For the entire article, go here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AnwhNeqmCtyQUYvZ...d=2007120309&prov=ap

Something about this recap just gave me goosebumps.

Let me know what you think.

quote:
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- It might have been easy for the Orlando Magic of old to melt down in a game like this, and go home satisfied with a 3-2 road trip.

This team doesn't settle for any such thing.

After Dwight Howard nearly cost the Magic the game in the final minute of regulation, he helped them win in overtime.

Howard scored four of his 18 points in the extra session and the NBA's top road team pulled off a hard-fought 123-117 victory over Golden State on Monday night to snap the Warriors' six-game winning streak.

"We trust each other. That's the main thing," said Rashard Lewis, a key figure late in the game for Orlando. "We have trust in a lot of guys on this team. That's why we're coming up big in a lot of games."

Howard missed a dunk with 18.7 seconds left in regulation and was fouled, but smacked the padding on the basket standard for an automatic technical. Stephen Jackson hit a free throw for the infraction, then Howard converted both of his chances from the stripe -- on a play that sent Golden State star Baron Davis to the bench for good with his sixth foul.

For the entire article, go here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AnwhNeqmCtyQUYvZ...d=2007120309&prov=ap

Something about this recap just gave me goosebumps.

Let me know what you think.

I think it's the respect we get from the opposition that makes it that much more special.

Last year we never got quotes like that.

good article, I read it last night, but it was late and I knew someone else would post it....

How about that technical on Howard....that was stupid and unnecesary from the refs...

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

I think it's the respect we get from the opposition that makes it that much more special.

Last year we never got quotes like that.

Yeah if you notice every REAL head coach we face (Jerry Buss' future son-in-law doesn't count) is giving us props every game, whether the Magic win or lose.

That tells me that a. Orlando is already playing late season-type b-ball and that b. Dwight is a beast. BEAST I SAY~!

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:How about that technical on Howard....that was stupid and unnecesary from the refs...

even the sports talk people who cover the warriors here in the bay area said that was an unneccesary technical.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

good article, I read it last night, but it was late and I knew someone else would post it....

How about that technical on Howard....that was stupid and unnecesary from the refs...

Might have been the worst call of the year...and its really early. I have no idea what that ref was thinking.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

Might have been the worst call of the year...and its really early. I have no idea what that ref was thinking.

If nothing else, a warning would have sufficed! What did Dwight do, did he have a Darko like meltdown?? LOL.. it is very sad, that things like this and the missed (failed) call (Rashard game winning shot) in Phx......need to be addressed!!!