Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

What would your rotation look like if you were Stan?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Oh, and as usual I applaud you Smack for not being afraid to throw your opinions out to be at the mercy of the board.(lol)

I appreciate your candor. Your always gonna get his true thoughts. I think.

No beating around the bush here.

Okay Smack, since you are the only one responding I'll ask you this.

You've told me what you think should happen. Let's deal more with reality.

You know Nelson is gonna be the starter with Arroyo backing him up, at least that's how Stan has played it thus far. That leaves Dooling backing up the "2" guard as he's done so far. With the addition of Evans and him getting minutes also at the "2" who's the odd man out?

We've just got to many guards.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh, and as usual I applaud you Smack for not being afraid to throw your opinions out to be at the mercy of the board.(lol)

You know Nelson is gonna be the starter with Arroyo backing him up, at least that's how Stan has played it thus far. That leaves Dooling backing up the "2" guard as he's done so far. With the addition of Evans and him getting minutes also at the "2" who's the odd man out?

I know you have asked Smack but I'll give you my opinion. Ever since Ariza was traded, I have strongly felt that JJ is trade bait. He's been showcased on this road trip. I think its only time before he is gone.

It is pretty hard to take away anyone's starting job on a 15-4 team (10-2 on the road) that ESPN just put on top of their power rankings.

The problem with Jameer is he struggles against big PG's. Luckily for him you can count the number of big PG's in this league on one hand.

Unfortunately he gets to face one his top two nightmare match ups tonight in Baron Davis. Will be interesting if SVG goes to Dooling early and how well Dooling does against Baron.

I love to argue all day about quality bench players fighting for time, instead of cringing at the idea of relying on Pat Garrity to play big minutes. This is a good problem to have.

Nelson/Arroyo

Bogans/Redick

Lewis/Evans

Cook/Turkoglu

Howard/Foyle

Turkoglu playing the 3 and 4 being the 6th man coming off the bench playing about 30-35mins. Gives us more scoring power and in the starting lineup i would tell Jameer to be more of a scorer than just being a passer.

quote:

quote:

quote:

IMO Arroyo's the odd man out. It's possible that he could be packaged along with JJ and Garrity to bring in a player worth 8-10 million around he trade deadline. But out of that group Arroyo is the only one that has definite, recognizable value as a player. The fact that JJ's still playing for peanuts from his rookie contract kinda prohibits him from being dealt outside of a package.

The Magic can afford to be patient with JJ because he isn't getting paid too much and really doesn't have a voice or a gripe about playing time.

Dooling gives us something that neither of our PGs do, defense. That's why IMO I think Dooling deserves minutes at the PG and not the SG.

So as I stated before, my rotation is still:

Jameer/Dooling

Bogans/JJ

Turk/Evans

Shard/Cook

Dwight/Foyle

The only reason I went out on that other tangent was because I was offering my perspective on the Jameer vs Arroyo comparison and the impact the extension has on that arguement. The extension pretty much demands that Arroyo be moved (unless he wants to resign for 1-2 million).

quote:

Jameer/Dooling

Bogans/JJ

Turk/Evans

Rashard/Cook

Dwight/Foyle

A nine man rotation is tough for us to do. We have too many versatile players that deserve playing time.

This rotation = The Truth.

At least from MY perspective, this would be a winning formula.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

Did a Redick fan just agree with me? ****!

Now I need to rethink everything! lol JK

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

Did a Redick fan just agree with me? ****!

Now I need to rethink everything! lol JK

I know, hell hath frozen the **** over!!! But seriously, I hate guys who want to play Evans and Dooling at the SG position; they should play their natural positions: SF and SG, respectively.

Evans plays well against the best SF's on teh game, and Dooling is very competitive against the good SG's of the league. Not to mention we could move a more zone-style defense when Redick is on the floor to help compensate for his lack of D.

Redick's shooting is WAY too valuable to give up for anything less than a star-caliber player (which we wouldn't get). Every time that cat comes in, he logs in at least 2 three's and a couple of running jumpers and a few FT's... what's not to like???

People have forgotten quickly how well we played ending the regular season last year with Dooling providing a defensive presence off the bench playing PG.

I've said it a million times. Dooling is a high intensity player and will give you great effort even if you want him to play center. But, he is more naturally suited to matchup with PGs. SGs are typically bigger and stronger than Dooling which neutralizes his quickness advantage.

And the thing is, when you have Redick, Dooling, and Evans in at the same time as a SOLID second unit, you could have each player rotate defensively.

Redick could play the smaller PG, Dooling plays the SG, and Evans the SF... or play a 3-2 zone... why the hell not? The zone works well against us, and Redick can play zone... hell, ANYONE can play zone.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

Nelson/Arroyo

Bogans/Redick

Lewis/Evans

Cook/Turkoglu

Howard/Foyle

Turkoglu playing the 3 and 4 being the 6th man coming off the bench playing about 30-35mins. Gives us more scoring power and in the starting lineup i would tell Jameer to be more of a scorer than just being a passer.

Sauce I like this line up also. It makes our bench 100% better. Makes Jameer the third option for offense for our starting line up, witch I think would help his production. You still have 10 players up there. But I think Reddick, Evans and Dooling you would use when the match up calls for it.

quote:

Holding on to a faded past: NBA Finals 1995... We still have Anthony Bowie, right???

Smack is not saying this is the winning formula, its just the one that will be casted because of Jameer's contract extension and Arroyo's appeal in the market to get quality big player.