Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD * Magic @ Lakers * Dec. 2nd

When was the last time we beat the Lakers on the road? I believe we haven't done it since we had Shaq. Let the streak come to an end! Hopefully Dwight dominates, Rashard gets out of his slump, and Kobe will be held to less than 25......

quote:
Originally posted by love#12:

We should win this game..I hope so i am going to the game.Anyone else going?

GO MAGIC!!!!!!

MAGICRISINGSTARSWITHRIPPLINGWATER.gif

love#12, I love your sig.

We haven't won in LA since 96, so it would be nice to end that streak. I haven't made a prediction all year but i'll make one here

Orlando 106

Los Angeles 94

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:

GO MAGIC!!!!!!

Thanks truemagicfan07 hooked me up with it.

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!

Man I hope Keith does a better job this game. He was getting killed by Barbosa I think last game. If he and Mo doesn't step up a bit, they'll both be utterly destroyed by Kobe. There's no other player that I don't want to face other than Kobe (well Dwight too, glad he's on our side).

Anyway, fully expecting a win. A one pointer or a blow-out, doesn't matter.

An angry Dwight and Magic team take out their frustrations on the Lakers. Rashard gets hot from 3pt land...

Magic win, 119 - 107

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

We haven't won in LA since 96, so it would be nice to end that streak. I haven't made a prediction all year but i'll make one here

Orlando 106

Los Angeles 94

Wow more than 10 years huh? We definitely need to get rid of that stat. This is a new era in Magic basketball, let's start a new streak.

Love #12- Have fun!! Wish I was back out in Cali....

NBA Preview;

Magic-Lakers Preview

By BRETT HUSTON, STATS Writer

Posted Dec 1 2007 4:22PM

Kobe Bryant gives the Los Angeles Lakers the NBA's most dominant player at his position. Thanks to Dwight Howard, the Orlando Magic may be able to make the same claim.

Howard and the Magic (14-4) look to improve their NBA-best 9-2 road record Sunday when they face Bryant and the Lakers with a chance to end a 10-game road losing streak in the series.

Orlando fell 110-106 at Phoenix on Friday night for its second loss to the Suns in three weeks. The defeat certainly couldn't be blamed on Howard, as the 21-year-old center had 30 points and a season-high 23 rebounds, prompting Phoenix coach Mike D'Antoni to label him a "monster."

Despite that performance, the Magic proved to be outclassed by the Suns. Orlando couldn't overcome a 31-16 deficit after the first quarter despite outscoring Phoenix 90-79 the rest of the way.

"We didn't play well enough or long enough,'' said Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy, whose team fell to 2-1 on a five-game Western Conference road trip. "I'll give our guys some credit for their resilience at the end. But I'm not going to act like it was a great performance.''

Howard's leap from solid presence in the paint to emerging superstar in his fourth NBA season has been the biggest reason for the Magic's outstanding start. He averaged 17.6 points last season and his 12.3 rebounds per game ranked third in the league. In 2007-08, however, he's scoring 23.8 points a game and grabbing a league-best 15.0 rebounds.

He had eight dunks against Phoenix, giving him an NBA-best 81 on the season - the Lakers' Andrew Bynum is in second with 34. He had more dunks than 25 teams prior to Friday night's games.

Howard certainly isn't the only reason Orlando is off to a fast start. New addition Rashard Lewis is averaging 19.1 points and shooting 38.7 percent from 3-point range, and Hedo Turkoglu (37.5 percent) and Keith Bogans (37.1) have also been accurate from beyond the arc.

Orlando is making 9.1 3-pointers per game, best in the league, and its 103.4-point average is tops in the Eastern Conference.

The Lakers (9-7) boast a potent offense of their own, averaging 106.0 points, among the top five in the league. Los Angeles is led once again by superstar guard Bryant, who's averaging 27.6 points a game.

Unlike past seasons in which Bryant has carried Los Angeles offensively, however, Bryant's been getting help this season. Four other Lakers are averaging double figures in scoring, and eight total players average at least 7.3 points. Jordan Farmar (10.1 ppg), Vladimir Radmanovic (8.9) and Ronny Turiaf (7.6) give Los Angeles a deep bench.

Despite the newfound balance and depth, the Lakers have been up and down, winning seven games by at least 10 points but losing four by at least 13.

That inconsistency was on display in the Lakers' two most recent games. They beat Denver 127-99 at home Thursday, but followed it up a night later by losing 120-96 at Utah, which was playing without leading scorer Carlos Boozer and Mehmet Okur.

"One of my coaches said we were as soft as Dairy Queen ice cream (at Utah),'' coach Phil Jackson said.

The Jazz scored 52 points in the paint in the first half and 70 on the night.

"They were just having a frolic in the lane," Jackson said. "Our big guys just didn't step up and play and our guards weren't controlling the dribble and penetration."

The Lakers will look to bounce back and continue their dominance of the Magic. Los Angeles hasn't lost at home to Orlando since March 17, 1996, and has won five in a row and 15 of 17 overall in the series.

Orlando and Los Angeles haven't met this season, but they made a trade Nov. 20. The Lakers sent forwards Brian Cook and Maurice Evans to the Magic for forward Trevor Ariza.

Cook and Ariza haven't made much of an impact for their new teams, but Evans has contributed 6.0 points off the bench for the Magic.

Copyright 2007 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited

Orlando Magic -

Record: 14 - 4 (.778)

Standings: First, Southeast

At Home: 5 - 2

At Road: 9 - 2

Streak: L 1

Season

PPG: 103.4 Opp PPG: 96.5

FG%: .467 Opp FG%: .431

RPG: 43.8 Opp RPG: 44.1

Los Angeles Lakers -

Record: 9 - 7 (.563)

Standings: Second, Pacific

At Home: 6 - 3

At Road: 3 - 4

Streak: L 1

Season

PPG: 106.0 Opp PPG: 101.9

FG%: .468 Opp FG%: .439

RPG: 44.5 Opp RPG: 41.8

http://www.nba.com/games/20071202/ORLLAL/preview.html?nav=scoreboardhome

3 Things to Note;

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/Spo...A/sptMAG09120207.htm

1. J.J. Redick has a total of 19 points in the last two games for the Magic after having gone scoreless in limited playing time

2. Trevor Ariza, whom the Magic traded away two weeks ago for F Brian Cook and G Maurice Evans, has played only 15 minutes in three games with the Lakers

3. The Magic are 2-15 in their last 17 games against the Lakers.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...ec02,0,1945675.story

1. All Kobe Bryant, all the time.

2. Brian Cook, Maurice Evans return to L.A. after trade.

3. Trevor Ariza would love to show 'em Showtime.

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:

GO MAGIC!!!!!!

OMG TruemagicFan you are awesome. Can you make me another sig like this one. This is so cool,

If we come out aggressive don't start slowly like we did in Phoenix then we should be the better team. We can't defend their best player but they can defend ours either so our other players need to step up on this one.

Dwight will dominate Bynum for 28pts and 17 rbs while Bynum gets in foul trouble early in the second quarter