Sign in to follow this  
~O~

The "Orlando Magic Forum" Peace Post

Healthy discussions are fun. I am disappointed the mods pmed Smack. I've never seen him use any foul language. Opinions are what make these topics so much fun. Smack I may not always agree with you(prob never icon_smile.gif), but keep speaking your mind. Let's keep it real.

quote:
I hear ya Osprey, but the hyper sensitive stuff just bugs the heck out of me. What are we a bunch of girls? We can't allow somebody to say something condescending without it getting on our fragile little nerves? As for the insults, I've made a huge effort not to allow that to happen. But if somebody is going to get offended because they are told that flip side of the coin exists, then whatever, not my problem.

Yea I agree Smack. People get a little sensitive sometimes. There's going to be disagreement, discussion and some hilarious name calling. I thought that was the whole point of message boards.

I actually think this board is pretty low-key compared to many others.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
I hear ya Osprey, but the hyper sensitive stuff just bugs the heck out of me. What are we a bunch of girls? We can't allow somebody to say something condescending without it getting on our fragile little nerves? As for the insults, I've made a huge effort not to allow that to happen. But if somebody is going to get offended because they are told that flip side of the coin exists, then whatever, not my problem.

Yea I agree Smack. People get a little sensitive sometimes. There's going to be disagreement, discussion and some hilarious name calling. I thought that was the whole point of message boards.

I actually think this board is pretty low-key compared to many others.

I'll speak for myself, and not for the board, by saying I too enjoy reading Smacks point of view. Yet, I sometimes feel as if one is to disagree with Smack, one is labeled "stupid" and "ignorant". I'm not singling him out either, since alot of posters do that here.

No need to be ultra PC around here, God knows i'm not. Just ask yourself before you post something "Do I sound like a total rooster?", and then proceed to type.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

Healthy discussions are fun. I am disappointed the mods pmed Smack. I've never seen him use any foul language. Opinions are what make these topics so much fun. Smack I may not always agree with you(prob never icon_smile.gif), but keep speaking your mind. Let's keep it real.

I'm betting that came from the thread he started with his take on a little Foxworthy humor... it got a little nasty in there, and I think that thread was locked, deleted, burned, and was scheduled for dispersal in the Pacific (the mods wanted it far far away), unfortunately a great lion burning the brightest color of red seems to have stolen the ashes and sniffed them.

Edit: Just so no one takes that the wrong way, there wasn't any foul language used, it was just the general tone/direction of the comments.

quote:
unfortunately a great lion burning the brightest color of red seems to have stolen the ashes and sniffed them.

There has been some true internet gold the past few days on this forum.