Sign in to follow this  
FENDI

JJ and Carlos, likely to start? (update page 4)

I know starting is very important but isn't the closer just as important? I don't care who starts for us if that player is gonna give his all which didn't happen yesterday. Bogans has been very solid for us but he was disinterested yesterday(JJ closed for us and did more than Ok IMO). Mo may get the nod to play against his former team, that defence and intensity will come in handy against Kobe.

It seems to me that Jameer is either injured or distracted so maybe having Arroyo start for a few games while he recovers might be a good idea. But as far as starting for the rest of the season, I think Jameer should be the starting point guard, he has played just as good or better than Arroyo for most of the games, except the last 3.

I havent seen JJ play enough to have a opinion about his defense. It has seemed decent enough. He should get more minutes and see what happens.

Guys.... I believe this is a ploy from SVG to get one RL, JN, and maybe KB to step up and get their game going again. Lets put this way, if CA starts and the team goes into a spin people are going to want his coconut on a plater. I like JJ Redick but he is not the defender that SVG wants as his SG. Again lets say SVG starts JJ at the 2 position and the team goes into a loosing streak people are going to second guess SVG. I'm sure the coach does not want that to happen. Leave the starters in, when and if the team goes into a loosing streak then maybe make a change.

I truly believe that Jameer could easily become a Chris Paul or Tony Parker type pg. Scorer and a good for setting teammates up. Chris Paul knows how to set his teammates up and get his points and i thought that was going to be Jameer role this year. However i guess SVG wants his pgs to more of passers and that isnt Jameer's game. Hes a scorer and a good one that can set teammates up. I think we should use his talent as a scorer more than him just being a passer.

Every team in the league is using there pgs as one of the top scoring options and were using our pgs for just being passers. Im not complaining because were winning but scoring is Jameer biggesst part of his game and we shouldnt hold him back. Because we already have a big 3 scoring options in Turk Lewis Howard starting for us, it might not be a bad idea to put a playmaker with them and put our other scoring pg to come off the bench. I dont know if this will work but we can try it. Nelson off the bench might not be what he wants but he has to think that its best for the team.

As for JJ starting, that might not be such a bad idea. He can get more comfortable with that role since hes the only sg that will be here next season as of right now. I really believe that he can do a good job as bogans has done on the offensive end but on defense i dont know. Even bogans is gonna have a hard time defending Kobe tonight so its a toss up to me who starts. I would only start bogans there because he has more chemistry with the starting lineup then JJ does. But all we need for JJ to do is spotup for open shots. Cause having Lewis Howard and Turk penetrating should leave an open JJ Redick to knock down shots. Also if JJ can play good against Kobe then he can play against anybody in this league. We will definitely get a much needed lesson tonight. I think he will do fine. He just needs that opportunity to shcwcase himself and his defense is looking better. I see potential in this guy and hopefully he will live up to the hype. Also i saw him attacking the basket the last game and thats something i love about certain players. When they attack the basket either your gonna get a lay up or dunk or get fouled and earn your points at the line. JJ shoots in the 90s% range for as freethrows so i would like players that shoot well get to the line alot. Thats the only thing i cant stand about Lewis. If Lewis was to get the line theres not telling how many points he would have per game. But he doesnt and hes a great ft shooter. But trying JJ and Arroyo in the starting rotation isnt a bad thing. Cause we already know what were getting out of Nelson and Bogans so our bench will be deeper and our starting lineup still have our top 3 scorers in it with a playmaking pg and another great shotter. I love the idea so lets see if SVG does it.

quote:
Originally posted by Fern1960:

Guys.... I believe this is a ploy from SVG to get one RL, JN, and maybe KB to step up and get their game going again. Lets put this way, if CA starts and the team goes into a spin people are going to want his coconut on a plater. I like JJ Redick but he is not the defender that SVG wants as his SG. Again lets say SVG starts JJ at the 2 position and the team goes into a loosing streak people are going to second guess SVG. I'm sure the coach does not want that to happen. Leave the starters in, when and if the team goes into a loosing streak then maybe make a change.

See this is the problem, our bench is lacking points and their very inconsistent. Now because we have our top 3 scorers in the starting lineup then Nelson really isnt needed that much to be a scorer for us and thats what hes really good at. I know hes a passer too but hes a better scorer and he will tell that too. And Keith Bogans gonna play good defense and hit some clutch shots for you. Hes good for about 10ppg the same with Nelson. Nelson could score more points but they dont need him to. Arroyo can score but he likes being a playmaker more. So to give this team more balance then you might want to put Arroyo as the starter and Nelson off the bench to give us that scoring we need. Bogans is solid and will do his part. Evans is a hustle player so he will help out. Cook and Foyle are decent enough to hold there own. Now we have a bench. I always wanted Hedo to come off the bench to give us more scoring power but sense thats not happening then we need another great scorer to come off the bench and that should be Jameer new role. JJ will be fine. His defense isnt perfect but given good minutes it will give him time to learn and get better. He will never get better if you dont play him. Maybe just for this year until we get another scorer but Jameer might need to come off the bench so we can use his scoring ability that were not using because we already have 3 great scorers.

i think if we are going to make changes...it should be putting jj and dooling in. put dooling on kobe and jj on derek fisher. he could hold his own against him. that sounds like a winning combo for the magic tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

Just a reminder-JJ was on the Team USA practice team this summer so he would have had to go up against Kobe.

and JJ ASKED to defend Kobe to improve his defense. and even when JJ defended Kobe and Kobe missed... Kobe would run down the court and would say something to JJ like, 'Young fella, you can guard me', even though he missed.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

Any one seen BJ or Smack? I am sure they are both thrilled over this possibility. Personally I think Ball Junkie and Smack are the same person. Notice how they post in the same topic most of the time, and don't in others. :o

Come on man,that would be like MR;Jekyll and Mr. Hyde sort of posts.LOL

quote:
Originally posted by synthiat:

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

Just a reminder-JJ was on the Team USA practice team this summer so he would have had to go up against Kobe.

and JJ ASKED to defend Kobe to improve his defense. and even when JJ defended Kobe and Kobe missed... Kobe would run down the court and would say something to JJ like, 'Young fella, you can guard me', even though he missed.

i'm pretty sure kobe said "young fella, you CAN'T guard me" whether he missed or made it

Ok, Arroyo has improved. However, I am pissed off that it took him this long to understand that he could get more minutes by passing and reducing turnovers and continued to launch his stupid off balance shots that led him to the bench. I am happy for him and for our team but I hope he does not revert to the street basketball and superman attitude that we do not need here. We only have one superman and he wears number 12. Then we have Batman and Robin and their initials are HT and RL. However, he is welcome to make things easy for our superstars. Having said that late is better than never and if Carlos continues to distribute like this he may get a new contract at about the same level of his existing contract.