Sign in to follow this  
FENDI

JJ and Carlos, likely to start? (update page 4)

I don't get it: Hedo is the starting 3, so who the hell is the backup? If Mo Evans is a backup 2, then who comes off the bench for the 3?

Seriously, I think Mo should stay at 3 (his natural position), and have Dooling and JJ at backup 2's... Dooling can be the defensive backup, and JJ is the scoring backup.

Isnt Arroyo starting because Jameer has some sort of personal problem?

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Jose:

Arroyo started would be optimal. He has great chemistry with the starters and is a pass first player when he's playing with that rotation. He's developing amazing chemistry with Dwight, and is always finding the open man on the 3pt line(unfortunately they haven't been going in lately). When Arroyo normally comes off the bench, he tries to do everything. I prefer him playing the role he has now has the disher/creator.

Jameer is slumping, but its not time to give up on him yet, he should remain starter till he gets out of his slump.

But props to Arroyo for adjusting his style for the better of the team.

Are you kidding me??! Arroyo has one good game and suddenley he is a pass first PG??! Every time I see him play he chucks up shots and often kills the chemistry.

Jameer has been awesome this season and has a couple of bad games while injured and suddenley Arroyo after one good game is starting material!

Jeez I thought everyone accepted Carlos' role here

Unfortunately your a bias Arroyo hater thats not open to facts, just anything that supports your hate for Arroyo. Listen up kid, I said Arroyo is more pass-oriented when he plays with the starters. When he comes off the bench, he tries to do much(his role in the Olympics), and most of the time gets him back on the bench. When Arroyo is playing smart and with passion, the offense looks good. When Arroyo is playing with no energy and dominates the ball; he gets sent back to the bench, this is the Arroyo we don't want to see.

Arroyo had a couple of good games himself, so don't gas yourself up. I don't want a line up change but it is not time for changes right unless injuries happened. But Arroyo is definitely showing he can play in crunch time with the A-squad, this is good news because our bench before was terrible. Now guys like Redick, Evans, and Foyle's post defense are coming alive and clicking well together. Despite us losing a bull**** game in Phoneix, we still look **** good, and I'm pretty confident we'll impress again in Los Angeles.

quote:

quote:

Arroyo started would be optimal. He has great chemistry with the starters and is a pass first player when he's playing with that rotation. He's developing amazing chemistry with Dwight, and is always finding the open man on the 3pt line(unfortunately they haven't been going in lately). When Arroyo normally comes off the bench, he tries to do everything. I prefer him playing the role he has now has the disher/creator.

Jameer is slumping, but its not time to give up on him yet, he should remain starter till he gets out of his slump.

Are you kidding me??! Arroyo has one good game and suddenley he is a pass first PG??! Every time I see him play he chucks up shots and often kills the chemistry.

Jameer has been awesome this season and has a couple of bad games while injured and suddenley Arroyo after one good game is starting material!

Calm down Adam...

Nelson is the starter clearly but I don't like the way you are saying Carlos has had just one good game. Carlos has had more than one good game. 13pts 8ast 4reb...18pts 6ast(as starter)...14ast and yesterday 6ast making a couple of runs. Anyhow, there has been more than 1 good game for him.

I shocked that a mod is able to start a thread that isn't true and wasn't locked. When he himself locked a thread about how our team got the raw end of the deal from the refs the other night. Amazing....

quote:

quote:

Blasphemy! You shall pay for your digressions infidel!

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

I shocked that a mod is able to start a thread that isn't true and wasn't locked. When he himself locked a thread about how our team got the raw end of the deal from the refs the other night. Amazing....

jeez. don't you realize we lock threads because it was related already to an existing topic?

what i realize is you in particular lock threads that you don't feel are right, but you are a mod and that is your job. However, had someone else started this thread you would have locked it down. I've seen it before many time. So, enjoy the perks o'master of the threads.

quote:
what i realize is you in particular lock threads that you don't feel are right, but you are a mod and that is your job. However, had someone else started this thread you would have locked it down. I've seen it before many time. So, enjoy the perks o'master of the threads.
alright, lets do it this way, if you have any complaints, message the board admin.

As I have said on the thread start, this is purely a speculation from me.

This is one of divisive threads for a team that is doing very well. I said repeatedly,that jameer and Carlos would have cyclic performances according to various game situations. Jameer's offensive performance has been afected by hisnew starting role specially at the 3 pt range. Many of you thought he would do better coming off the bench where his offensive role would be needed more and where he could runover most of other teams benches. I think this could be true and they could be alternated coming out as starters cooording to their performances. I personally think Jameer ahs improved 100% in his ball handling skills but he really cant adjust to being just a feeder yet carlos has made the transition well since he has his national team to show off. I think Carlos ands get us going to the finals as a starter and Jameer could shot the lights off out of the bench.

dude, you don't get it. I could care less that the thread was a little misleading. What I care about is you in particular constantly locking decent threads and then you create one that you know you would have locked had it been someone else. Either be consistent and admit you shouldn't have started this thread or don't and have people think you misuse your position.

I think this thread should remain open. Heck, it should be stickied. Why? Because Jameer/Carlos and our shooting guard situation are the two most hotly debated topics on the forum, and it's no surprise. All of our guards are closely talented, there shouldn't be disagreement on that. (If they weren't, there wouldn't be so much talk about it.)

But this is going to keep coming up because there's a lot to talk about. Which is why I think there should be ONE thread for it, and then discussion about it should be left out of other unrelated threads. However, everyone should calm down a bit. I mean it's not like what we think is going to change what SVG does or how the players play.

Of course everyone thinks they'd be a better GM than Otis Smith, but that's a different topic.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I think this thread should remain open. Heck, it should be stickied. Why? Because Jameer/Carlos and our shooting guard situation are the two most hotly debated topics on the forum, and it's no surprise. All of our guards are closely talented, there shouldn't be disagreement on that. (If they weren't, there wouldn't be so much talk about it.)

But this is going to keep coming up because there's a lot to talk about. Which is why I think there should be ONE thread for it, and then discussion about it should be left out of other unrelated threads. However, everyone should calm down a bit. I mean it's not like what we think is going to change what SVG does or how the players play.

Of course everyone thinks they'd be a better GM than Otis Smith, but that's a different topic.

BTW A bit OT-

I like your Stock Up/ Stock Down segments after games. Keep it up.