Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD * Magic @ Suns * Nov. 30th

We really need to execute with great concentration.

Howard needs to dominate inside and make his FTs, if they think they can let him make his points and worry about everybody else, let him have 50pts.

Everybody needs to make their shots, no more Lewis struggles. This is a game when he needs to prove his really a piece to a championship.

We need to be effective and physical in the defense. Nash will run around shooting like crazy and looking for open 3s or open guys inside. Let them work for that. No cheap fast breaks and no cheap 3s.

We probably need to attack inside like crazy and put them in foul trouble while hitting FTs too. Makes sense for me when playing when playing vs a run and gun small size, small rotation team to play great defense and great offense in the paint.

This is a great game in my opinion to gauge where this team is.

I too think we can win this game but the Magic cannot let them dictate tempo or let Nash and Barbosa get wherever they want on the court. This will be a tall order for Nelson and Arroyo and it will be interesting to see if they are up for the challenge.

I also expect a Flop-A-Thon to try and get the Magic men in early foul trouble but hopefully the refs won't cave into it. It seems like besides the Portland game and just in general they are calling less flops this year so we shall see.

Hopefully its a close game with the Magic pulling out a 114-108 victory.

quote:
Grant Hill ****** Foward......

PPG

RPG

APG

Don't forget these numbers:

35.1 - MPG

4 - Back-to-backs PHX has played already this season

0 - Number of games missed by GHill

Guess we just babied him too much.

GH is the main reason I want to beat them. For years we were less than mediocre because of his absence. It doesn't matter who or what is to blame.

He deserves to lose for the simple fact that he was too stupid to realize the potential of our team with DH and another premiere Free Agent.

There are a lot of nice guys in the NBA. I want to beat them all. But it would make it all the better if we beat the guy that left us for greener pastures.

quote:
GH is the main reason I want to beat them. For years we were less than mediocre because of his absence. It doesn't matter who or what is to blame.

He deserves to lose for the simple fact that he was too stupid to realize the potential of our team with DH and another premiere Free Agent.

There are a lot of nice guys in the NBA. I want to beat them all. But it would make it all the better if we beat the guy that left us for greener pastures.

Amen. Especially since anyone who criticizes him is the bad guy because he's so "professional." Even though last year, from about January to right before the playoffs, he wasn't playing to win--he was playing to not get hurt so he could play to win this year for someone else. Which is exactly what he's doing. Last year he was falling apart and could barely show up in street clothes for the second half of a back to back. This year he's played 4. Amazing. It's because he's so professional.

We haven't figured out how to beat the suns yet, plus this is the third game of a West coast road trip. I think this will be a tough game for our guys.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

Come on guys, we have beaten teams that beat them, why see this team as invincible? We need some of that JD's positive attitude here. We wind any way is necessary,period.

Agree Ibone, we can beat them.

quote:
Originally posted by magic01:

the paper lists this game as 9pm. I'm guessing that paper is wrong over the magic website.

Can anyone confirm what time this game is? The Magic website says 10:00, but I went to record the game so I can watch it when I come home from work and the on screen guide says it starts at 9:00.

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

quote:
Originally posted by magic01:

the paper lists this game as 9pm. I'm guessing that paper is wrong over the magic website.

Can anyone confirm what time this game is? The Magic website says 10:00, but I went to record the game so I can watch it when I come home from work and the on screen guide says it starts at 9:00.

Pregame?

quote:
Pregame?

I doubt it. It is slotted for 9:00pm-11:15pm, with the postgame from 11:15pm-11:30pm. If the game started at 10:00pm than that would only leave 1 hour and 15 mins. I would originally think it was a mistake on screen, but the papers are also reporting the game at 9:00pm which makes it a bit strange. Also there has been confusion with this game possibly being on ESPN, which we found later to be false. Point being, there are alot of uncertainties about this game.