Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Frustrated Redick asking to play in D-League - O-Sentinel

All i have to say and i know preseason doesnt mean nothing but wasnt JJ averaging like 15ppg and hes still not playing. Why not, hes a shooter Stan isnt that what you in ALL our players, to be ALL SHOOTERS.

I am noticing that SVG doesnt want to have a deep bench, and plays the starters the majority of the game. This means there are few minutes available for a guy like JJ, because Arroyo, Dooling, and now Mo will take up the majority of the bench minutes at guard. Even in the artiticle today about Brian Cook, Otis was only looking for a guy that can play a small contributing role at the forward spot. This year we will be riding our starters, hopefully they hold up(Lewis, Hedo).

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

The PG who doesn't warrant getting his name mentioned, did not run any plays, hogged the ball, and totally ignored JJ when he was open. The offense was a total mess. As soon as JJ was out of the game, this PG started running plays.

I think I know a little something about this "certain PG" and you are completely off base by saying that he ignored JJ when he was wide open. If anything he was the only PG we had that would give JJ touches.

quote:
I am noticing that SVG doesnt want to have a deep bench, and plays the starters the majority of the game.

Do you think this shows he doesn't 'want' to have a deep bench, or maybe he doesn't feel we 'have' a deep bench. I bet the bench would see more minutes if he had more faith in them, or if they were producing.

Just got in from the game tonight, and continuing on the JJ theme, I was sitting 5 rows in back of the Magic bench tonight, and all game long I was watching JJ's demeanor all night, I notice first off that usually I see JJ sitting by one of the asst coaches and tonight he was all by himself at the end of the bench. Also never once did I see Van Gundy look his way all night, it's almost like he was ignoring JJ or something.

Also, we had the game in control the whole 4th qtr and the crowd was chanting JJ's name the whole 4th but SVG still didn't even look at the guy, what gives? Bogans, Dooling and Turk were all getting wide open shots and bricking them left and right, why not give JJ some decent playing time he couldn't have done any worse thats for sure.

I know it has to be frustrating for JJ knowing that everyone but the coaches feel that he can play. I'll stil wear my JJ jersey with pride over my Howard to the games just for the simple fact that I feel JJ's days in Orlando unfortunately look like there numbered.-Disappointed JJ Fan

Yea, I always noticed he tried to sit the closes to the coaches. I don't get it either. I think something must be going on that we don't know about. The bench definitely needs more scoring. They are not holding their own.

Here's what I don't get. The Magic won this game by 13 points. We are playing extremely well this season only losing to 3 title contending teams. I love Keith Bogans because he's from Kentucky and so am I. But I don't care if Keith doesn't play or not if the Magic win the game. I'll be a happy camper! Cause I'm a Magic fan first and foremost!!

This is a Magic Message Board you know...? Not a Redick website.

I was at the game.... Redick and the other players should've of played. SVG was just upset all night. As far a JJ people were asking for him. He seemed ticked and was not happy. Really, if you are not going to play him then trade him somewhere he can contribute.