Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Frustrated Redick asking to play in D-League - O-Sentinel

The quote about JJ maybe having a problem with alcohol would suggest to me that he is not handling not playing very well. If true then this is sad because it will mean that a great opportunity has been wasted. Come on JJ get your act together. Something is definitely going on behind the scenes, and this would be two years running now.

quote:
Originally posted by clarkn1237:

Also, how can you bench a guy who's jersey is worn by about 75% of the fans at the arena? This guy is a fan fav and he still get no pt, come on SVG your killing me, I went out and spent $80 on a JJ jersey over a Shard during the off season thinking that now he was going to actually play for us for many years to come. PLAY JJ COACH before we trade him for nothing like Ariza.

If the 90% of the fans have the declerq jersey and im a good coach I NEVER PLAY HIM.

I like JJ but i know Stan is one of the best coach in the nba and probably he know what he does when he don

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

The quote about JJ maybe having a problem with alcohol would suggest to me that he is not handling not playing very well. If true then this is sad because it will mean that a great opportunity has been wasted. Come on JJ get your act together. Something is definitely going on behind the scenes, and this would be two years running now.

Where did you get a quote that JJ has trouble with alcohol?

I dont know about any alcohol problems or anything... but I do know that he has to work for what he wants. Look at Bogans. He was for almost every analyst in the nba the worst 2 guard in the nba. He has proven all of them wrong and is really good in our offense. He has improved a lot since he was first drafted and his defense is pretty solid. JJ wants pt? work on defense a lot and keep practicing shot and he can get pt in no time. But he needs to really prove that he wants it. Remember a guy that was picked in the second round and now is an all star and wears the 0 jersey??? He worked his you know what off and now it's paying off for him.

JJ needs to stay healthy, stay ready, and be patient. All it will take will be an injury to either Bogans or Dooling and JJ will find himself playing some real minutes. I really hope that he somehow gets his chance.

Unless he implodes. I would never fault a player who was working hard. But if he has given up, we need to get rid of him. Let him start his coaching career, or score 50 a night for the Barcelona Bullfighters.

Meanwhile, we can admire his picture on every fourth ticket in the season ticket packet. HMM. They featured DH, Jameer, Lewis, and Redick. Somebody in the FO needs to talk wiht the marketing bunch.

Yah, that's it! JJ's a boozer! Why didn't I think of that! Hey, I got another idea; JJ's not playing because he's a white kid. He's paying for the " sins of his forefathers ".

He must be showing nothing on practice and that's why he is not playing. Look at Dooling and Carlos, they have not been consistant by any means on the court but they still playing their minutes. Why? they most be showing up at least on practice and they get minutes. For me that could be the reason. Other reason is, Bogans and Dooling have been doing the job at SG. Dooling gets beat up on D# many times but he's been doing other things to keep playing. Also JJ defense has not change from last season. He should be traded to a team like Suns where he can get minutes.

quote:
Originally posted by Arroyo fan:

He must be showing nothing on practice and that's why he is not playing. Look at Dooling and Carlos, they have not been consistant by any means on the court but they still playing their minutes. Why? they most be showing up at least on practice and they get minutes. For me that could be the reason. Other reason is, Bogans and Dooling have been doing the job at SG. Dooling gets beat up on D# many times but he's been doing other things to keep playing. Also JJ defense has not change from last season. He should be traded to a team like Suns where he can get minutes.

This is a weird sentence for me to say but ... I totally agree with the Arroyo fan.

The differential between the way he's played in games and the way anyone else has played in games isn't enough .. there must be stuff behind closed doors that we aren't seeing. (I would bet at least some of it is simply bad attitude)

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

But if he has given up, we need to get rid of him

quote:
Originally posted by DustinMyselfOff:

(I would bet at least some of it is simply bad attitude)

I don't know why JJ is not getting playing time. It might be because of his defense. It might be because of his back-/hand-problems. I might be that other players on the squad are better than him right now....

But I don't think that JJ has "given up" in any kind of way! I mean this guy played in the summer league, he's been with Team USA in training camp and now he is willing to play in the D-League just to get some on-court minutes.

I don't think that the lack of playing time has anything to do with JJ's attitude towards the game or towards the team.

quote:
I don't think that the lack of playing time has anything to do with JJ's attitude towards the game or towards the team.

I think the fact that he played with team USA and the fact that he played so well in the summer league is exactly WHY he has a bad attitude -and I think he's right to be pissed, I mean what else can the guy do to prove himself?

But JJ always has carried himself with a certain swagger and to think that he wouldn't turn that attitude toward his own team if he's pissed about not playing is looking at him with rose-colored glasses

I think we have to be careful about speculating on JJ presently having a drinking problem. We have all heard of reliable sources being wrong. Speculating on a persons basketball talent and their personal character are too different things.