Sign in to follow this  
Daddy_Yankee

Cook In.... Will Pat get Benched??

I swear some of you speak out of your ***, have any of you watched Cook play?

He can play defense he can block and he can rebound and he can shoot, Crazy Serb he played in LA so using stats proves nothing Kobe is LA, of course he wont get any points.

Pat 2.0 my god, that is retarted.

Now it would be interesting what kind of reaction there would be among the Magic faithful if all of the sudden Pat was finally shipped out of here

The Magic organization reeeeally loves him.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

I swear some of you speak out of your ***, have any of you watched Cook play?

He can play defense he can block and he can rebound and he can shoot, Crazy Serb he played in LA so using stats proves nothing Kobe is LA, of course he wont get any points.

Pat 2.0 my god, that is retarted.

yes, i saw him play

and maybe you're right, maybe he can rebound, block shoots, play D, shoot,... just he never does all that

btw yes, every lakers player has much less trade value because of kobe

Hey everyone! Hope you don't mind some input on from a Laker fan about this trade; I just felt compelled to inform you guys what you got yourselves into. I really don't like gloating or rubbing things into people's faces, but I truly had to question what your GM/Front office was thinking with this trade.

Let me just tell you straight off the bat that I would have traded Brian Cook for a bag of chips. You think I'm kidding? Well, don't. I noticed a lot of Pat Garrity bashing and hatred in this site, and let me tell, go to ANY Laker forums, and I guarantee you will find something along the lines of "The Official 'I Hate Cook' Thread". Sure, Cook has a been a career decent shooter, but any points he puts up on the offensive end, he will give right back thanks to his defense, or lack there of. The guy epitomizes the definition of "matador defense." Constantly gets beat off the dribble, and poor fundamental big man skills. I know this isn't nice to take in, but I just had to say it.

Mo Evans, on the other hand, I believe is the main guy you can rely on on this trade. He's an energy guy off the bench with a defensive mindset(although not elite by any standards) who can also knock down a fair share of mid-range jumpers which he loves. His playmaking and penetration are pretty average at best, so you can't really expect that much in those terms.

One thing I've been hearing a lot about your team is that you guys were looking for players to really spread out the floor to better compliment Howard's skillset, so in those terms, Cook and Evans truly fit that bill.

To be brutally honest though, as a long time and avid Laker fan, I truly believe we just pulled a fast one on you guys. I know it sucks to hear it, but I can't find any negatives on the Laker end. We got rid of 2 players we didn't need while acquiring a young promising talent with a real focus on the defensive end, which we DESPERATELY needed.

I do hope you guys find more success with Cook and Evans, but most of all, I truly thank you organization for the nice gift in Ariza. GL to you all.

quote:
Originally posted by LakersFan08:

Hey everyone! Hope you don't mind some input on from a Laker fan about this trade; I just felt compelled to inform you guys what you got yourselves into. I really don't like gloating or rubbing things into people's faces, but I truly had to question what your GM/Front office was thinking with this trade.

Let me just tell you straight off the bat that I would have traded Brian Cook for a bag of chips. You think I'm kidding? Well, don't. I noticed a lot of Pat Garrity bashing and hatred in this site, and let me tell, go to ANY Laker forums, and I guarantee you will find something along the lines of "The Official 'I Hate Cook' Thread". Sure, Cook has a been a career decent shooter, but any points he puts up on the offensive end, he will give right back thanks to his defense, or lack there of. The guy epitomizes the definition of "matador defense." Constantly gets beat off the dribble, and poor fundamental big man skills. I know this isn't nice to take in, but I just had to say it.

Mo Evans, on the other hand, I believe is the main guy you can rely on on this trade. He's an energy guy off the bench with a defensive mindset(although not elite by any standards) who can also knock down a fair share of mid-range jumpers which he loves. His playmaking and penetration are pretty average at best, so you can't really expect that much in those terms.

One thing I've been hearing a lot about your team is that you guys were looking for players to really spread out the floor to better compliment Howard's skillset, so in those terms, Cook and Evans truly fit that bill.

To be brutally honest though, as a long time and avid Laker fan, I truly believe we just pulled a fast one on you guys. I know it sucks to hear it, but I can't find any negatives on the Laker end. We got rid of 2 players we didn't need while acquiring a young promising talent with a real focus on the defensive end, which we DESPERATELY needed.

I do hope you guys find more success with Cook and Evans, but most of all, I truly thank you organization for the nice gift in Ariza. GL to you all.

You needed a defender, we needed depth that can shoot the rock.

It wonder if Ariza will be a lockdown defender for LA? Do lockdown defenders even exist? Ariza gets his hands on a lot of balls and bothers players like Chris Bosh and Dirk with his length, but he isn't above average guarding players shorter than he is. He can't guard Kobe Bryant, for example.

Ariza only marginally imrpoved his game since we got him from New York. He still can't shoot and he's still too thin to play the 4. He couldn't crack our rotation. It will be interesting to see if he can crack yours behind Odom and Walton at the 3. Nonetheless you still have Radmonovic eating up gobs of salary cap space.

Ariza is going to be looking for more $$$ this offseason, enjoy going further over the cap to resign him.

And we have nothing at the 4. Our best, healthy, true 4 besides Brian Cook is James Augustine. He's cheap anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Daddy_Yankee:

Now that we have ourselves another big man who can shoot the long distance shot and is more powerful in the paint.. will Pat "the fat" Garity finally get benched for ever n ever??

If cook come in here and shoots and plays well pat will be benched.

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for stopping in Lakersfan08. I think you guys will really like Trevor, I'm just curious as to how Phil is going to use him (he doesn't have very solid handle and he isn't really a passer) and how much patience you think Kobe will have with him.

Trevor has his short comings but he plays really hard and really helps a lot on defense, he always seems to be in the right place on D.

Any chance that Cook can be hidden on D?

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

thank you

some of us have to realize that otis isn't exactly a god in the front office, he's more of an "zeke of the front office"

LOL, no one is that bad.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

You needed a defender, we needed depth that can shoot the rock.

It wonder if Ariza will be a lockdown defender for LA? Do lockdown defenders even exist? Ariza gets his hands on a lot of balls and bothers players like Chris Bosh and Dirk with his length, but he isn't above average guarding players shorter than he is. He can't guard Kobe Bryant, for example.

Ariza only marginally imrpoved his game since we got him from New York. He still can't shoot and he's still too thin to play the 4. He couldn't crack our rotation. It will be interesting to see if he can crack yours behind Odom and Walton at the 3. Nonetheless you still have Radmonovic eating up gobs of salary cap space.

Ariza is going to be looking for more $$$ this offseason, enjoy going further over the cap to resign him.

And we have nothing at the 4. Our best, healthy, true 4 besides Brian Cook is James Augustine. He's cheap anyway.

To tell you the truth, pretty much the general consensus on the Laker forums was that this trade was an example of "Addition by subtraction." Cook and Evans were pretty much redundant players in our system, so trading them for someone whose skill-set we didn't have was great. The good thing about Ariza is that, as you said, he's an expiring contract. We're expecting nothing more than someone who can bring some tenacity and defense off the bench; anything extra we get now or down the line is just icing on the cake. If he turns out to be a worthwhile potential to keep in this league, then we shouldn't have a problem resigning him, seeing as how Kwame Brown's $9 million(of wasted money I might add) will be off our books and ready to be used on whoever we want.

Also, I woulnd't exactly call Cook a "true 4". If anything, many have described him as a player with an SG's mentality trapped in a 4's body. He can't hold his ground in the paint and has zero lateral movement to guard off-the-dribble plays, which is why he was such a liability for us on the court. Like I said earlier, I believe you guys will find Mo Evans to be the small saving grace with this trade.

Lakersfan08, if the Lakers were looking for a hustle player with no basketball skills who gets by on pure athleticism, then I guess they did pull a fast one. I like Ariza, but people have been talking about him developing a jump shot since before he was drafted. Either he's not really working at it, or it ain't gonna happen. Also, his basketball IQ is borderline retarded, so good luck with him learning the triangle.