Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Magic Acquire Brian Cook and Maurice Evans From L.A. Lakers

I dont get how Ariza can't fit into the system when he has better stats then Evans.

That just shows you he never got a real shot on this team.

And yes stats do mean some thing when you trade away Ariza who is 7 years younger then Evans, and Ariza has better stats the Evans, and Evans is 7 years older.

So dosent that prove my point right their?

Ariza is 7 years younger an with his limited playing time and almost same games he has out done Evans...

Everyone get off Ariza's nuts, man. He's going to improve we all know that with Kobe by his side. But C'mon let's just keep the bandwagon moving and win tomorrows game.

LET'S GO MAGIC!!!

quote:
Originally posted by TheDarkSide:

I dont get how Ariza can't fit into the system when he has better stats then Evans.

That just shows you he never got a real shot on this team.

And yes stats do mean some thing when you trade away Ariza who is 7 years younger then Evans, and Ariza has better stats the Evans, and Evans is 7 years older.

So dosent that prove my point right their?

Ariza is 7 years younger an with his limited playing time and almost same games he has out done Evans...

It does prove your point, but I think your point is that Ariza is a better talent than Evans. Ariza IS a better talent than Evans and I'd believe most everyone agrees with you.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove though. That we're going to be worse off than before? Or that we could have gotten a better return on our talent? I don't get it. This move should improve our team by allowing our players to assume more normalized roles and get our starters a little more rest with the addition of 2 10-15mpg players.

quote:

Because Evans can get his points through jump-shots and 3-pointers while Ariza can only get his through put-backs and lay-ups. You have to find the players that'll fit you're system. Right now (and for the future) we're going to put Dwight in the middle and surround him with 4 shooters. And Ariza just can't shoot the way we need him to.

quote:

I am acting like a Mod on here because this thread is closed. I closed it down when I posted stats on here and put you all in your place.

How come no replys to the stats I posted, you all kind of feel like fools now right...

People said T Mac would never be an All Star, he was benched for doing a windmill dunk during the game an never got to play again. T Mac didnt have a shot either when he first came in, and he worked on it, these guys look a lot similar to me just Trevor plays D.

Please... Anyone with knowledge of our personel and knowledge of our gameplan would agree that this was a fantastic trade. There's A LOT more to basketball than a statsheet... some of you just haven't realized that yet.

The fact of the matter is Ariza was hardly contributing to our success -- 10 MPG, mostly in garbage time. We bring in a big man with an outside shot, further spreading the floor, further making Dwight's life easier... Do you realize dominant Dwight will be with another big man shooting 3's? Carlos Boozer owes a lot of his success to Mehmet Okur in Utah. Granted, Brian Cook isn't nearly as good as Okur, but his effect on Dwight will be proportional to Okur's effect on Boozer.

I'm glad this organization is dedicated to making Dwight's life easier, because we all know... Dwight's life being easy = Dwight dominating the paint = Magic winning. As Dwight goes, so do the Magic.

We obviously are trying to win a title now...instead of later...

Otis is in for a shocker win we DONT win it now...

Airiza will be a annual All-Star in a few years...

i will never change my sig...

and im about to start FireOtisSmith.com...

Airiza=Future Magic Killer...heck...future NBA Killer...

good thing we only play him 2wice a year...

such a shame...

but Evans and Cook do help the team in the short run...i do like the addition of Evans especially...BUT our team is made for the long run...but not anymore...Airiza is gone...

a sad, sad day in the Magic world...

WOW! Talk about being blind-sided.

Ariza was a fan favorite and he will be missed, but some of you are OVERVALUING him. It's unfortunate he couldn't crack SVG's system and rotation but Ariza couldn't shoot the ball well enough to be effective in the offensive scheme. We traded a bench player BARELY getting playing time for two decent players to add to our depth. WE NOW HAVE A BENCH.

I'm happy he's going home, to LA, where I hope he can see court time along side Mr. Byrant, but after 12 games, it was evident Ariza was being wasted on the bench. I want Trevor here more than anyone, but we gotta get players to fit what we're trying to do.

Evans brings the same things Ariza does but with more offense and less potential. (Remember that's what Ariza still is...POTENTIAL) Sure we MAYBE could've gotten more for Trevor but who knows?!?! Evans is a husler and will be a strong point on our bench. He's a scorer with decent-to-good defense. Watching him last season, I'd wish he was on the Magic.

Cook, is a shooter. We got our PF who can continue to give Dwight space. I think of him as a MUCH better Garrity (but then again, who isn't? lol). Cook has one of the quickest releases in the league and is an avg. rebounder. His defense isn't what I'd want in our backup PF, but we'll see what SVG can do with him.

We turned a lil' used player to two bench players SHOULD surely be in our rotation. What was everyone claiming our holes to be? Big man and backup SG. OH MY GOD, LOOK WHAT WE GOT IN THE TRADE!!! Stop acting like babies and relax. Let's wait to see how these guys play (most of you have never seen them play while I've caught a few laker games). We're taking a gamble and dealing POTENTIAL for two solid players to balance our bench.

I like the trade and I'm also glad to see Otis working the phones.

Jameer/Arroyo/Dooling

Bogans/Evans/JJ

Turk/Lewis/Evans

Lewis/Cook/Garrity

Dwight/Foyle/Augustine

Not too bad in my eyes. Woot Woot

Anyone remember Evans torching us once or twice when he was with Detroit? I thought he looked spectacular for them, although a little out of control. A real force when he was on the court in his limited minutes.

When you look at Evans in his recent career, he's been behind to 36-40mpg players in Richard Hamilton and Kobe Bryant and has had solid production behind those players. Playing behind Bogans will be his first opportunity to break out for big minutes since his game matured in the last couple years.

quote:

It does prove your point, but I think your point is that Ariza is a better talent than Evans. Ariza IS a better talent than Evans and I'd believe most everyone agrees with you.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove though. That we're going to be worse off than before? Or that we could have gotten a better return on our talent? I don't get it. This move should improve our team by allowing our players to assume more normalized roles and get our starters a little more rest with the addition of 2 10-15mpg players.

Yes we filled the holes in our team for this year, I will admit to that. Was it worth filling those holes, no it wasnt. Giving up Ariza who has better Stats then Evans at a younger age and Trevors upside was not worth it at all. Would I rather see some one else out their on the floor then Foyle yes, but to give up Trevor for it no. We could have kept him until the trade deadline and gave him to a desperate team for some thing good in return, maybe a bad teams draft choice in the lottery.

i will miss ariza and believe our team will too, he was our energy and i am afraid that we will miss him, regardless of mr svg's plan- but at the same time i have to trust svg- he has gotten our team this far right......and mr otis smith.....please god let this be the year that the orlando magic organization understands what it takes to be winners in this league.

Evans has averaged a BEAUTIFUL 6.3ppg and 2.5rpg along with .8apg and .5spg .1bpg...

how lovely...

i hope Airiza comes back to bite us later...i really do...i just hope we win the games...lawl...

quote:

quote:

Yes we filled the holes in our team for this year, I will admit to that. Was it worth filling those holes, no it wasnt. Giving up Ariza who has better Stats then Evans at a younger age and Trevors upside was not worth it at all. Would I rather see some one else out their on the floor then Foyle yes, but to give up Trevor for it no. We could have kept him until the trade deadline and gave him to a desperate team for some thing good in return, maybe a bad teams draft choice in the lottery.

This I agree with you about. I really wonder if Ariza wasn't worth more than two players receiving NIL playing time. Trouble is, Ariza wasn't getting any playing time for us, either, and had equally terrible season stats.

Blame the system for axing our last "potential" player. Darko was the first. Will JJ now be the last???