Sign in to follow this  
Tough Break There

Reason For the Good Start

Good find.

I hope the curse has been lifted. Sure does seem like it with the way we've been winning.

Congtratulations to BVW

Maybe there was some sort of Amway or DeVos curse... for some reason just seeing in print that BVDub is the active owner makes me feel better.

Weird.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Good find.

I hope the curse has been lifted. Sure does seem like it with the way we've been winning.

Congtratulations to BVW

I say let us get past the first 30 games. Last year we were 13-4. The year we traded for Francis, Mobley and Cato we were off to a hot start too. I prefer to wait and see how we are at least after the first 30 games. A lot can happen in a season. We look good, but we have lot of flaws that still need to be fixed. Last night's game was like the game last year in Portland where Grant Hill won it with a last second tip in off an inbounds play. Everyone was talking about us then just like now. We got a lot of tough road wins then too. So lets try and not get so wrapped up in the early stuff unless the team proves over the long haul that this is the true identity of the team.

I don't want to get too excited yet either, LOD did a great job blogging about the many reasons why.

However, all curses and everything else aside the reason for the good start is Dwight is the baddest man on the planet. The Boogey Man checks under his bead for Dwight before he goes to sleep and all of our pieces are now geared towards making him even scarier.

You got that right Marc. The fact that he doesn't even try to score every time and still manages to get 35 points in a game is the scariest. I think he will drop 40+, maybe even 50 pts in a game this year on some unfortunate opponent.

quote:
Originally posted by random:

You got that right Marc. The fact that he doesn't even try to score every time and still manages to get 35 points in a game is the scariest. I think he will drop 40+, maybe even 50 pts in a game this year on some unfortunate opponent.

Random:

You are correct. It almost looks effortless on Dwights part when he scores that high. I am sure a huge part of that is due to his improved foul shooting.......

We are playing like a team and coaching staff is utilizing the individual player's talents to win. It's that simple, really.

A lot of props, I think, goes to Stan Van Gundy, who's relaxed demeanor makes me more confident and relaxed when watching the game. I think his style is well liked by our players too, I see them having more confidence in themselves and getting better, as a result.

Thank goodness too for the resurgence of Keith Bogans! I had liked him before when he was in the Magic years ago, and was disappointed he was benched last year. I think Bogans new lease on life is making this team a lot tougher.

And, of course, D12 for MVP. He is having a monster season so far!

You know what Dwight is doing that he hasn't before? He is beating people up underneath. Did you all notice the 5th foul Z picked up last night? Dwight threw him 3ft back in the lane to get that board and held either Gooden or Brown off before grabbing it and getting fouled by Z. Did you all hear Matty mention how Lebron got popped in the face by Dwight? When people are hacking him he is throwing his arms up and hitting them back.

I swear I saw him and Ewing talking about a play where Ewing motioned for him to toss someone out of the lane and Dwight went out and within a possesion or 2 he shoved his man off balance, held him off on his hip, got the entry pass and layed it in. All of this and he stuffed Lebron and Pavlovic late in the game for what would have been layups.

The reason this season is different from the other season, is that Dwight is actually being threat in offense, and we dont have any ball hoggers playing the point. Yes Jameer aint playing like a ball hog like he was last season, or how francis is.