Sign in to follow this  
Battousaiken

We should trade Arroyo for Barea

That way hispanic Magic fans would still have a Puerto Rican player to root for and the team would have a scoring machine who rebounds amazingly for his size, is one of the top three speed guards in the NBA, and still has upside to boot.

That way hispanic Magic fans would still have a Puerto Rican player to root for and the team would have a scoring machine who rebounds amazingly for his size, is one of the top three speed guards in the NBA, and still has upside to boot.

We should have gotten him before he got this good.....

won't happen, not the way JJ is playing right now...I mean JJ Barea....

but we could trade him for Carlos and JJ, and he would replace both names...lol...

anyhow this one might get ugly....

heck yeah, we can fool fans two for one and keep them all....he will give us another latin star and the name JJ. I am sure no one will know the difference..(ends sarcasm)

quote:
Originally posted by Battousaiken:

the good thing about that suggestion is Jameer would no longer be attacked - the focus of attack would be Tony Battie - I think Jameer is better than Battie so I could accept that.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

anyhow this one might get ugly....

Well, since you went all Nostrodamus on us!

quote:
Originally posted by Battousaiken:

That way hispanic Magic fans would still have a Puerto Rican player to root for.

I know that you aren't intending to make a generalization, so please don't feel I am directing this at you personally. But this comment does represent part of the problem others of us have with understanding the "Arroyo" factor.

I would root for the Magic even if every player was from India, or Russia, or straight outta Compton. And it doesn't mean that I don't take as much pride in my roots or my heritage. It is because I am a basketball fan, following a basketball team that is located in my city of residence. I am not rooting for them because one of my fellow countrymen is on the team.

But if you are rooting for a team for this reason, well, that it OK and it is certainly your right, but it will still consternate others who just don't see why it has to matter.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

We should trade Arroyo with Redick and Garrity for Ron Artest.

I haven't checked the salaries to see if it would work, but on the surface, it gives Sacramento something of substance.

The real question is what Artest would do to the locker room. Also, does Artest meet the "character" requirements this team seems to adhere to?