Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

NBA Power Rankings - Updated Weekly

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

well, i think theres no way we're higher than 3rd...the fact that Boston is sick and that Detroit manhandles us everytime we play em make them the top 2 teams, IMO...but after that, i gotta go Bulls (despite being 0-3) and then our Magic...so i say 4th is reasonable...

but lets remember, this is POWER rankings...not rankings...

The Bulls.

Okay, you're kidding, right? I don't want to bash you because I'm positive you're kidding.

quote:

can we make this the Power Rankings thread...not just ESPN??

Done!

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Why don't we make this the official power ranking threads and also sticky it in the main forum for all to see? Just a suggestion.

Not a bad suggestion, but we already have way too many stickied threads in the main forums as it is. Better just to leave this one in the NBA forum.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:

well, i think theres no way we're higher than 3rd...the fact that Boston is sick and that Detroit manhandles us everytime we play em make them the top 2 teams, IMO...but after that, i gotta go Bulls (despite being 0-3) and then our Magic...so i say 4th is reasonable...

The Bulls.

Okay, you're kidding, right? I don't want to bash you because I'm positive you're kidding.

that was back when the Bulls were a modest 0-3, and no one knew how terrible they were...

now looking back, 78% of basketball fans were so high on Chi-Town...some saying that theyd be in the Finals...

but now, we all look silly...

Despite all our early season success, ESPN barely shows our highlights and it's too bad we only have 1 Nationally televised game all season.

but congrats to the Magic and the rest of the fans, Now if we can continue our success all the way into the playoffs and go deep!

heres the foxsports.com Power Ranks (updated Tuesdays)

Magic- #3

"Did you know that Rashard Lewis, Keith Bogans and Hedo Turkoglu rank 1-2-3 in the League in three-pointers attempted? The offense is simple: Jameer penetrating, those aforementioned guys chucking, and Dwight catching and dunking everything in his range."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/powerRankings

quote:

"Did you know that Rashard Lewis, Keith Bogans and Hedo Turkoglu rank 1-2-3 in the League in three-pointers attempted? The offense is simple: Jameer penetrating, those aforementioned guys chucking, and Dwight catching and dunking everything in his range."

That actually isn't a bad description of how it looks!

Updated 12/10/2007

No. 2 on ESPN.com

quote:
Before its first 'bad' L of the season -- and losing at home to the Pacers isn't exactly heinous with how they're playing -- Orlando racked up another impressive road W at Golden State. So it's only a one-spot dip.

Updated 12/10/07

No.4 on NBA.com

quote:
Off: 108.1 (12), Def: 100.8 (2) -- A light week for the Magic included a great win at Golden State, a disappointing loss to the Pacers, and 15 turnovers from Dwight Howard.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:

The Bulls.

that was back when the Bulls were a modest 0-3, and no one knew how terrible they were...

now looking back, 78% of basketball fans were so high on Chi-Town...some saying that theyd be in the Finals...

but now, we all look silly...

Absolutely, and I'm one of those guys.. I picked Chicago to go to the Finals. But as of right now, oops.. Chicago has to be in the bottom ten of the league as of this moment in power rankings.

However.. there are slight signs of a turn around. Sort of. Ben Gordon and Nocioni seem to be the only two guys bringing it every night, while Luol Deng has been pretty good the last week so he may be turning it around. Kirk Hinrich, on the other hand, looks downright terrible and doesn't seem to be turning it around anytime soon. He needs to get his **** together if the Bulls plan to go anywhere this season.

So I'm sorry I quoted an old post, I thought it was more recent than that. =P

ESPN- #5:

"Even we have to concede that the honeymoon appears to be over. It's tough to crow about the Magic's road exploits -- where they are still a spiffy 12-3 -- when they just lost at home to Atlanta and Memphis."

NBA.com- #7:

"The Magic have dropped four of five, and to some bad teams at that. While Dwight Howard only getting seven field goal attempts (in Monday's loss to Atlanta) is an atrocity, it has been their defense that has taken a step back."

SI.com- #10:

"Saturday's home loss to the Grizzlies was their fourth defeat in five games as they seem to have climbed aboard last year's Disney World roller coaster. With their next four at Dallas (Monday), at Houston (Wednesday), vs. Utah (Friday) and at Boston (Sunday), Orlando fans might want to hold on tight."