Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

E-Mail to Otis

Just because Garritys tall doesnt mean he can play power forward. He's SOFT and not to mention SLOW! Glad to know i wasnt the only one cussing at the computer monitor all night. We obviously need to bring in someone who can bring some muscle to the 4 spot. However in the meantime theres no way Pat should be eating up minutes when we have talented young players that need experience(Trevor and JJ). I mean id much rather see Gortat or Augustine out there they cant be any worse then garrity and at least have some potential. This is whats been wrong with the Magic for a long time, a failure to develop young players. As much as i love the Magic i cannot yet consider them a true championship contender and the only way they will get there is through a trade or by bringing players up from the inside. On the bright side there is no way this trend of Pat getting minutes will continue (knock on wood). The front office was trying to show he had something left to up his trade value but since it is now clear to anyone with eyeballs that he has no value other than his contract there is no need for this to continue. Sorry if im rambling or repeating things others have said ive never posted on a forum just felt the need to vent a little tonight, its probably the jack talking. Tomorrow WILL be a better night.

P.S.

To whoever it was a while back that made the Play Pat now thread I blame you for this!!! haha jk

GO MAGIC

Dear Otis:

Get Garrity and Arroyo out of here ASAP.

There is absolutely no way anyone can justify Garrity stealing minutes from Trevor. All Air Pat can do is spot up shoot and he's made like 1 field goal, Ariza does everything else but that, it's ridiculous and I can only hope Airrity is being show cased for a trade.

We need more depth off the bench, start Ariza and have Hedo as our six man and please sign PJ Brown..

ariza and jj need a chance to see if they can bring a spark off the bench. bench should be ariza and dooling first off the bench, with jj coming in to finish the guard rotation and foyle backing up howard, pat should be the last one to finish the second united but he should never be first off the bench unless a team is playing a lot of zone.

second team dooling, jj, ariza, pat, foyle

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

ariza and jj need a chance to see if they can bring a spark off the bench. bench should be ariza and dooling first off the bench, with jj coming in to finish the guard rotation and foyle backing up howard, pat should be the last one to finish the second united but he should never be first off the bench unless a team is playing a lot of zone.

second team dooling, jj, ariza, pat, foyle

I think that we should also try out Gortat and Augustine in the lineups getting them more comfortable to the NBA speed. Cause i truly believe that Gortat could really help this team if he was given the opportunity. Possibly do better than Darko has done for us. Just give Augustine and Gortat a chance. Alot of us are basically writing them out the plan and saying that we need a big when we have 2 bigs sitting on the bench that could produce well.

quote:
Originally posted by NotByChoice:

Basically we are thin up front we don't have a good option to start at PF so you can't be to surprised that Garrity is getting minutes there off the bench.

This, in a nutshell, summarizes our current situation perfectly.

SVG is stuck with an unbalanced roster, which leaves him few good choices. He can't play Howard and Foyle 48 minutes each every night (or even any night). We're basically stuck, thanks to Otis and our summer maneuvering.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

..... Just give Augustine and Gortat a chance. Alot of us are basically writing them out the plan and saying that we need a big when we have 2 bigs sitting on the bench that could produce well.

No, they can't. The things that were being said about them during the summer were absurd. It makes no sense to repeat that stuff now.

I don't know whats all this bad talk about garrity, maybe your favorite magic player is noy playing, But as a fan of the whole team, I try to look at the team with out being bias, but Garrity has been doing a lot for the team, he's a hustler ( throwing his body for the ball, like in game one, even when we were up by 20) he does spreads the floor... casue his defender is always on him, and I guess he is doing better at practices, thats why he gets the minutes. Don't knock him for trying... just cause yesterday vs detriot he didn't do so well?

I don't know I just think it's to early to knock him, especially when him and bogan were one of the most noticesable players in the preseason ( even if the preseason don't mean much).

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I still can't believe Garrity is getting burn. Does anyone know that web-site that measures a player's overall effect (+ or -) on a game? Comparing Hollinger's "PER" stats over the last 3 years, Ariza's numbers were 16.27, 11.83, 13.32 to Garrity's numbers of 6.38, 9.05, 9.15. IT IS RIDICULOUS ARIZA ISN'T PLAYING MORE!!! It is even more ridiculous that Ariza is getting benched for Garrity.

I couldn't agree more. Garrity will play himself out of minutes if he hasn't already. Stan maybe hearing it already. He just needs to know to put Ariza in - Ariza should be getting as close to 30 minutes a game as we can give him.

quote:
Originally posted by *KEEBLER*:

I don't know whats all this bad talk about garrity, maybe your favorite magic player is noy playing, But as a fan of the whole team, I try to look at the team with out being bias, but Garrity has been doing a lot for the team, he's a hustler ( throwing his body for the ball, like in game one, even when we were up by 20) he does spreads the floor... casue his defender is always on him, and I guess he is doing better at practices, thats why he gets the minutes. Don't knock him for trying... just cause yesterday vs detriot he didn't do so well?

I don't know I just think it's to early to knock him, especially when him and bogan were one of the most noticesable players in the preseason ( even if the preseason don't mean much).

Pat doesnt rebound, Pat is statue on defense and offense, he has horrible footwork, I dont mind him getting 5-10 minutes but 25!!!!!!!!

I would be much happier watching Gortat making "MENTAL" mistakes then watching Garrity trying to keep up and struggle against superior opponents. Lets be real, Garrity couldn't keep midget Stuff from scoring on him. Ask yourself this, Does A struggling shooter in a 4 year funk that also presents a huge defensive liability command more PT than a physically gifted defender with a decent shot.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

quote:
Originally posted by *KEEBLER*:

Pat doesnt rebound, Pat is statue on defense and offense, he has horrible footwork, I dont mind him getting 5-10 minutes but 25!!!!!!!!

true, he doesn't rebound...Good thing i didn't say it. I mean, Garrity spreads the floor and throws his body for the losse ball. He knows he has to do whatever it takes to get on the floor and hes doing it. Belive me I rather see ariza out there than Garrity, But I can't knock him if he is doing good out there. But ariza do need more minutes He is my 6 man winner for this season.