Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

When did the real problems with the magic start? When the current ownership showed up

It seems this team went spiraling down after the current ownership arrived. While I dont know devos personally, and Im sure he is a plesant gent, it sure seems as if the teams difficulties arrived shortly after he did. I think it is a willingness to accept a poor product, and try to cheap skate it by, by hiring management and coaching that was inexperienced and unqualified that has doomed the club. Does anyone have a few hundred million that could buy him out and do this thing the right way?

It seems this team went spiraling down after the current ownership arrived. While I dont know devos personally, and Im sure he is a plesant gent, it sure seems as if the teams difficulties arrived shortly after he did. I think it is a willingness to accept a poor product, and try to cheap skate it by, by hiring management and coaching that was inexperienced and unqualified that has doomed the club. Does anyone have a few hundred million that could buy him out and do this thing the right way?

Brian Hill is the fifth oldest coach in the league (Bickerstaff gone), the four older than him will be in the Hall of Fame, Popovich, Riley, Jackson, and Nelson. My point, if Brian Hill hasn't proven himself by now, he never will. Just because you have 30 years experience doesn't make you good.

Otis Smith, I'm still trying to figure how he had the credentials to land this position. Have you ever heard the guy speak publicly, he sounds like he has a fifth grade education.

I'm sick of having the Devo's family run this team.

The real problem started when the Magic couldn't stop the LA Clippers who shot 60 percent from the field. Thats right around the time I joined this forum. Then I posted something about the Magic may start packing it in.

quote:
Originally posted by giggi:

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

.. it all started when we changed balls....

Did Magic ever had any? I don't think so.

Marbles...

quote:
Originally posted by Courtskils:

Brian Hill is the fifth oldest coach in the league (Bickerstaff gone), the four older than him will be in the Hall of Fame, Popovich, Riley, Jackson, and Nelson. My point, if Brian Hill hasn't proven himself by now, he never will. Just because you have 30 years experience doesn't make you good.

Otis Smith, I'm still trying to figure how he had the credentials to land this position. Have you ever heard the guy speak publicly, he sounds like he has a fifth grade education.

I'm sick of having the Devo's family run this team.

I couldn't have said it better

I too wondered what special talent did Otis have? He wasn't even a very good player. What was he doing before he got hired for GM?

I have the impression all these people are good friends of the owners and that's why they're here more than anything else.