Sign in to follow this  
mepot

Brighthouse/FSN Thread

I just called the Magic as well and was told they are "hoping for a resolution by the end of next week or so."!

With 5 of the next 7 games on FSN, it does not look good about seeing the Magic on TV much in the near future.

quote:
Originally posted by RockChalk Magic:

LGM,

We received more than 900 calls on Wednesday alone, so her response certainly wasn't a brush off. We understand that everyone is frustrated, and believe me, know one is more upset about this situation than us.

The Magic didn't think this was going to happen when the choose FSN? What did they think was going to happen. I guess it just business and the Magic have no blame in this, huh? I doubt you will respond but i would be intrested to see if you can give us a name over there that's in charge of this so we can get some insight into this. I know brighthouse said they mentioned to you about the sport tier issue before FSN deal. Any answer to this?

quote:

LGM,

We received more than 900 calls on Wednesday alone, so her response certainly wasn't a brush off. We understand that everyone is frustrated, and believe me, know one is more upset about this situation than us.

Rock,

I know for a fact their a lot of people in the organization upset about this. Any chances they could at least lift the league pass blackout?

Right now Direct or Dish TV is the only option left and for many that is not a possibility due to logistics.

I.E. Homeowner Assoc. restrictions, clear view of southern sky for dish placement, land line requirement, etc.

_

i agree bhnole. its very frustrating. I cant switch either. Iam hoping that if this doesnt get resolved , someone will do soemtihng about it. perhaps find a way to stream the games from FSN and broadcast them live to us on a website

anything beats being stucl with no games

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:

LGM,

Rock,

I know for a fact their a lot of people in the organization upset about this. Any chances they could at least lift the league pass blackout?

Right now Direct or Dish TV is the only option left and for many that is not a possibility due to logistics.

I.E. Homeowner Assoc. restrictions, clear view of southern sky for dish placement, land line requirement, etc.

_

What the Magic won't tell you is that FSN owns the rights so they have no control over local blackouts. They sold that right to FSN, and now are acting like this is FSN and Brighthouses fault. I am working from home today and trying to find all the inside contacts to get to the bottom of this situation. I think I might have an off the recored one from FSN later today, lets keep up fingers crossed.

The local media is really not doing a good job with this.

quote:
TheFutureGM just mentioned that Brighthouse would add FSN to thier sports package today if the Magic and FSN were cool with that. So basically they are saying, they are holding out for $2 a month per subscriber? There is plenty of blame to go around on this one but have cable companies not gotten enough out of us without fighting over $2? Brighthouse is telling people to contact the team and playing the part of the victim here. WE ARE THE ONLY VICTIMS.

Assuming this is true and Brighthouse is 'willing' to add FSN to the sports package today given the OK from FSN and the Magic... are WE ok with this?

I am not...

No other brighthouse service in the state has to pay for FSN... Brighthouse is basically saying, of all the regions in the state, they can take advantage of us because we want to see Magic games enough to pay extra? That's f-ed.

Brighthouse has some nerve trying to force Orlando area residents to pay an additional charge for something they give to the rest of the state for nothing.

Regional sports networks are available on basic cable all over the nation. No one else is in a position to HAVE to pay extra for regional sports networks run by Fox or others, why should we be any different?

I applaud FSN for sticking to their guns and demanding that they be added on the expanded basic lineup. Does it suck that currently we see no FSN broadcast games at home? Yes... am I willing to stick it out until FSN gets added to the basic lineup? Yes.

If I didn't have a yard full of trees I would have ordered DirectTV already... if Brighthouse gets their way and FSN gets added to the sports tier, I might cut a few down and get DirectTV anyway.